• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Discontinued Items on eBay: Is It Allowed?

In summary, a consultant is not allowed to sell any PC items on eBay. If they do, they risk termination of their consultant status.
its_me_susan
Are we allowed to sell discontinued items (like the Whip Cancer pins) on ebay?

As far as I know you are not allowed to sell on ebay at all for anything Pampered Chef.

NO NO NO - any Ebay selling of Pampered Chef stuff is a HUGE no-no.

dannyzmom said:
NO NO NO - any Ebay selling of Pampered Chef stuff is a HUGE no-no.

Ok thank you ladies!!!!

You can't sell anything on eBay no matter how old it is. It is just a fine line between current stuff and older stuff. I like getting rid of stuff through the trading post anyway so I know another consultant is getting good use out of it.

PC Consultants are NOT allowed to sell on EBay or other such places at all! Even if it's something that's been discontinued for a long time.

We can sell to each other or at a yard sale or to a friend if we want but the guarantee is not transferrable and we can not sell it for more than the retail price.

Can we buy PC stuff on Ebay??

PSPingMom said:
Can we buy PC stuff on Ebay??
It's discouraged but we are a free society so if you so choose... BUT WHY would you??? The only think I would ever consider buying on EBay is something that's discontinued and then I'd check around with other consultants first. Like here or the let's make a deal site.

Oops! I didn't know this was frowned upon! I just bought a sage stoneware crock that matches my kitchen perfectly. I don't see why of it is discontinued you shouldn't get it off eBay. Some people just want to get rid of their extra stuff, who are not neccessarily consultants.

I think you are not allowed to sell stuff that is new AS a consultant on e-bay. I can't even imagine what the difference is between selling your old used stuff on e-bay, and selling it at a yard sale?? except that you might get more money for it on e-bay.
Isn't e-bay mostly just a big online garage sale anyway?

gilliandanielle said:
Oops! I didn't know this was frowned upon! I just bought a sage stoneware crock that matches my kitchen perfectly. I don't see why of it is discontinued you shouldn't get it off eBay. Some people just want to get rid of their extra stuff, who are not neccessarily consultants.
I don't think they care if we purchase a discontinued item on ebay but why on earth would a consultant buy anything currently in the catalog on ebay? With our discount we can easily buy it for less from PC and definitely have lower shipping AND a guarantee.

As far as selling on ebay is concerned it is in our agreement that we will not sell even discontinued items in that kind of forum.

Oh, thanks for the clarification Beth! I am happy to hear this because I want another one for the other side of my stove!

A girl in our cluster got a letter from Home Office that stated she could not sell ANY PC items (current or discontinued) on e-bay and any future violations would result in termination of her consultant status. They take this very seriously since Cooking Shows are the heart of our business!

How did they find out that it was a current consultant selling?

Gillian,

I have 2 sage crocks if you want either of them. send me a pm and we'll talk.

Alison

They look!They check the site periodically as well as other sites to see who is selling what. They also check the Yahoo search engines and google as well for our web site addresses. If they are there, I think they can get them removed without incident to us by contacting the company who owns the search engine. And because it is an arbitrary listing that is computer generated by the sites. Meaning we do not have to ask them to be put on the list to show up. I have to admit, I was out there right after the Spring/Summer change over and was amazed to find two whole starter kits for the S/S selling season for sale for a little over $200! KIT knappers I bettcha!

someone was talking about a consultant swap or something. Is that something online...can you get me the information???

thanks
andrea

1. Can I sell discontinued Pampered Chef items on eBay?

Yes, you can sell discontinued Pampered Chef items on eBay. There is no restriction on selling discontinued items on eBay, as long as they are not counterfeit or illegal.

2. Are there any rules or guidelines I should follow when selling discontinued items on eBay?

While there are no specific rules for selling discontinued items on eBay, it is important to accurately describe the item and its condition in your listing. Additionally, you should provide clear photos and be upfront about any known defects or issues with the item.

3. Do I need permission from Pampered Chef to sell discontinued items on eBay?

No, you do not need permission from Pampered Chef to sell discontinued items on eBay. However, it is important to note that you cannot use any trademarked or copyrighted material in your listing without permission.

4. Can I sell Pampered Chef items that have been used or opened?

Yes, you can sell used or opened Pampered Chef items on eBay, as long as you accurately describe the item's condition and any defects. However, keep in mind that buyers may be more interested in purchasing new or unopened items.

5. Are there any fees or restrictions for selling discontinued items on eBay?

There are no additional fees for selling discontinued items on eBay. However, you may be subject to eBay's standard selling fees and policies. Make sure to review eBay's guidelines for selling items to ensure you are following all rules and regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kpiemonte
  • JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • nhpegt