• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Rare Spice Totes on eBay - Sell Yours on P3 Now!

In summary, the tote has been selling for a bit more than the catalog price, but the supply is high and the prices seem to be holding strong. It would be interesting to buy one at a reasonable price, but it's not something that consultants should be selling on eBay.
JackieB999
Gold Member
I don't know if any of y'all are interested... but 2 spice totes have sold on ebay for around $82.00! Are they not for sale thru P3? I'm thinking of selling mine too.

No they are not available. To tell you the truth if you sell it here you will probably not get that much for it.

Consultants are not to sell our products on ebay. I know some do but it is against policy. That includes consultant incentive items.

BethCooks4U said:
Consultants are not to sell our products on ebay. I know some do but it is against policy. That includes consultant incentive items.

Really? I didn't know that but there sure are a lot of products available there.... some of the sellers MUST be consultants because I see supplies for sale too. I go there looking for deals to build my kit but I'm happy to report that for new items, the prices hold strong and I'm not finding many deals! :grumpy:

Let me know what you'd like for the tote if you do decide to sell. And as mentioned above, I don't want to pay $82 for it. :D

As a current consultant you can't sell your stuff on ebay, but as a retired consultant, you can.

deanna_g said:
As a current consultant you can't sell your stuff on ebay, but as a retired consultant, you can.

They don't appear to be retired either... there's NEW products available. But some of the prices are MORE than the catalog price when you factor in the shipping. So I guess that shows that our products are very desireable :love:

JackieB999 said:
I don't know if any of y'all are interested... but 2 spice totes have sold on ebay for around $82.00! Are they not for sale thru P3? I'm thinking of selling mine too.

I would also be interested in buying one - but only at a reasonable price.

We have a store in our town with a whole corner dedicated to selling PC items.. I let the company know and they said there wasn't anything they could do about it... I don't see a difference in that and Ebay...

Why can't they do something about it? That does not make sense to me but maybe they can not find out who the consultant is might be the problem.

Consultants choose to violate the rules run the risk of no longer being able to call themselves consultants. I know HO polices it.

AJPratt said:
Consultants choose to violate the rules run the risk of no longer being able to call themselves consultants. I know HO polices it.

I'm not so sure AJ... there are about 7000 PC items for sale on ebay, and many for new things that just rolled out. It sure doesn't look like it's being policed.

Dina Atnip said:
Why can't they do something about it? That does not make sense to me but maybe they can not find out who the consultant is might be the problem.

It might be because there looks like hundreds of them selling on ebay... and hunting them down would probably require a whole department at HO... and they probably don't have or want the resources to do that. Sad that so many of people are not following the rules tho.

AJPratt said:

I am sure HO does watch ebay, but it would very easy for a consultant just to sell the items under a friends account. It's not right, and that is why the policy is there, but they can not catch all the offenders. :grumpy:

JackieB999 said:
I'm not so sure AJ... there are about 7000 PC items for sale on ebay, and many for new things that just rolled out. It sure doesn't look like it's being policed.

There is actually a specific department that does police that. They do it pretty methodically as well. It isn't going to be fixed overnight and some people are just legitimate customers unloading something. I guess its one of those things that will always be there. I choose to create and maintain relationships. The quick-fix sale doesn't perpetuate my business, so even if we could sell on ebay I don't think I would want to.

I think what irritates me the most is the thought that someone could be buying products and then reselling them on ebay and getting the benefits of being a consultant (like the trips!) That really bugs me.

This is a never-ending thing...they can't catch everyone. But, what goes around comes around and if you continually violate the rules, it will eventually bite you in the rear. My question is Who in their right mind would pay 82 dollars for that tote...good grief. I didn't get to earn it because of cancellations, but I'm going to have my mom make me one.

Shawnna said:
This is a never-ending thing...they can't catch everyone. But, what goes around comes around and if you continually violate the rules, it will eventually bite you in the rear. My question is Who in their right mind would pay 82 dollars for that tote...good grief. I didn't get to earn it because of cancellations, but I'm going to have my mom make me one.

Shawnna, if your mom is interested in some side money, I'd be interested in one too!! I won't pay $82 lol, but would like something to use. I think that PC brings some of the problem on themselves when they don't offer some of the items for sale after the promotion. I could see it was an August incentive, so as of Sept, or Oct put it for sale for everyone (that's what they did with the glass tote). I mean the glass tote itself is $40! If they allowed it for sale, ppl wouldn't put it on eBay, there'd be no reason. Most of the listings I have seen say "i'm retired," or something like that. I doubt it's true, but I used to unload extra inventory with Mary Kay and never got caught. I never MADE money, it was just to get rid of extra stuff, but I'm sure it's the same principle.

JackieB999 said:
Really? I didn't know that but there sure are a lot of products available there.... some of the sellers MUST be consultants because I see supplies for sale too. I go there looking for deals to build my kit but I'm happy to report that for new items, the prices hold strong and I'm not finding many deals! :grumpy:

I would NEVER buy a PC item off EBAY! I know you are trying to get them cheaper to enhance your kit, but why promote what they are doing by giving them money and furthering the problem? You won't get a warranty for them, that's a main reason to buy them LEGITIMATELY and also, if you buy something you want from a show you are doing, you are getting commission off yourself, why not make money for yourself instead of "consultants" who are selling their stuff to make their own profit and not following the rules to begin with? I know that "other" people sell PC on Ebay, but if you don't know who they are, I'm going to assume they are consultants and doing it illegally through the company!

they had me go undercover to the store selling PC and find out who the consultant was.. I did.. they did not want to tell me and I kept insisting that I needed to order some cookware for a wedding and the girl made me swear I wouldn't tell the consultant how I got the name.. It was a man and I gave it to HO and they said they had to wait till he turned in a show but that there really wasn't anything they could do. I sent pictures of the store and all.. they insisted they couldn't do anything...

not saying that it is right, but...... technically the tote isn't one of our "products", so would it still be against policy to sell it on ebay?

lesliec said:
not saying that it is right, but...... technically the tote isn't one of our "products", so would it still be against policy to sell it on ebay?

Yes, I believe it is. If you have a tote you want to get rid of, ask someone in your cluster if they want to buy it, or list it HERE in the marketplace, Stop promoting the problem on Ebay.

Related to Discover Rare Spice Totes on eBay - Sell Yours on P3 Now!

1. What is "Get It While It's Hot?"

"Get It While It's Hot?" is a limited-time offer from Pampered Chef that features exclusive products and special discounts.

2. How often does Pampered Chef offer "Get It While It's Hot?"

We offer "Get It While It's Hot?" periodically throughout the year, so be sure to stay updated on our website and social media pages for the latest offers.

3. Can anyone purchase items from "Get It While It's Hot?"

Yes, anyone can take advantage of the "Get It While It's Hot?" offers, whether you are a new or existing customer.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations on "Get It While It's Hot?"

Each "Get It While It's Hot?" offer may have different restrictions or limitations, so be sure to read the details carefully before making a purchase.

5. How can I make sure I don't miss out on "Get It While It's Hot?" offers?

The best way to stay updated on "Get It While It's Hot?" offers is to sign up for our email newsletter and follow us on social media for the latest updates and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kpiemonte
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jst4467