• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Power Sellers on eBay Really Make a Profit?

In summary, the seller on Ebay is probably making a large profit by doing large make believe shows and getting lots of items free, half price, and discounted and then selling them on Ebay. HO is probably aware of this, but is unable to take them down because they are not breaking any rules.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I'm trying to figure out how certain people are making any profit with PC or Ebay because I see big power sellers on Ebay letting new PC items go for half price or sometimes less. The only thing I could imagine is that they are doing very large make believe shows and getting lots of items free, half price, and discounted and then selling them on Ebay. Seems like HO would notice.
Good example. Check out this seller's items. myfavoritekitchenstore

Either that, or they're making a killing on something else. Like selling a CATALOG. Who pays $3.75 for something they can get for free?

Chef Bobby said:
I'm trying to figure out how certain people are making any profit with PC or Ebay because I see big power sellers on Ebay letting new PC items go for half price or sometimes less. The only thing I could imagine is that they are doing very large make believe shows and getting lots of items free, half price, and discounted and then selling them on Ebay. Seems like HO would notice.
Good example. Check out this seller's items. myfavoritekitchenstore

I have sent emails to HO about this seller. I got a reply that they are looking into who is supplying them. I would think this would be easy to track down, but maybe they are really good at hiding it.

I know some will say that this isn't a big deal, but when you have someone say that they will "just get it off of eBay", you realize it effects us personally.

omg yes i have seen that seller on ebay! i hate that they can do this, i too have had customers tell me they will just get it on ebay..i had one person at one show go on and on about ebay and it actually made one customer not buy anything when she knew she could get it much cheaper on ebay...i did try to tell her she would not be getting the warranty but that didn't changer mind

pc_jessica said:
omg yes i have seen that seller on ebay! i hate that they can do this, i too have had customers tell me they will just get it on ebay..i had one person at one show go on and on about ebay and it actually made one customer not buy anything when she knew she could get it much cheaper on ebay...i did try to tell her she would not be getting the warranty but that didn't changer mind

Not to mention that they would have probably paid more for shipping from the seller on Ebay.

I have sent HO links to sellers on Amazon also. They were successful in taking one down, but they will just pop up with a new site, I am sure.

It's really sad, because we all know that the people doing this (or their suppliers) are most likely going on the top trips, making huge sales each month with the company and profiting big.

Ugh!

I have never seen anything go cheaper on ebay than what we sell it for. Everything I have seen has been more expensive...and people selling incentive stuff are making a killing. But, they will eventually get "bit". When you don't follow the rules it always comes back to bite you eventually.

jwpamp said:
I have sent HO links to sellers on Amazon also. They were successful in taking one down, but they will just pop up with a new site, I am sure.

It's really sad, because we all know that the people doing this (or their suppliers) are most likely going on the top trips, making huge sales each month with the company and profiting big.

Ugh!

You know I've often wondered if some (I'm not saying all) of the sellers that have huge sales in their first month (the ones listed in the CN) are some of the suppliers to these people.

gotta be directors or above because they get doubles of stuff!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shawnna said:
I have never seen anything go cheaper on ebay than what we sell it for. Everything I have seen has been more expensive...and people selling incentive stuff are making a killing. But, they will eventually get "bit". When you don't follow the rules it always comes back to bite you eventually.

Go to this seller's site. They have their own store.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/myfavoritekitchenstore__W0QQ_armrsZ1

NooraK said:
Either that, or they're making a killing on something else. Like selling a CATALOG. Who pays $3.75 for something they can get for free?

Maybe someone should bid on that catalog. I am sure their info would be stamped on it.

This is so frustrating!!! How can someone sell over 3000 products in 6 mths and not get caught by HO!

I was actually approached by someone that puts product on ebay as a service for consultants. WE can't, but she can. No thanks.

Chef Bobby said:

They already have fall product up. Sigh... Karma's a b*tch. It'll come back to bite them in the rear someday...

pc_jessica said:

Not to mention if the product arrives NOT damaged. I have heard of that happening!

This has to be a third party that is receiving items from consultants from different companies. I can't imagine that there would be someone involved in Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Lia Sophia & Silpada. I don't think the two jewelry companies would allow you to be a consultant for both. Heck, Tupperware/PC is getting to be more the same as well. Unreal!

People who sell on ebay will get there's when they get to pearly gates.

I don't think they really care how they hurt us honest peoples businesses.

Lisa

It looks like you could easily track down who is selling PC on Ebay. There are several ways to look it up or to get that information if you really want to.

Not sure how you would stop a NON-Pampered Chef consultant from selling on ebay though... this is a different story. When I sell things to people I never ask what they are going to do with it.

I just had a show and a customer said I should do cash and carry show. She went to a show and bought things like a food chopper ( said there were a couple) and a covered baker, and more. Maybe people are buying things to stay active and then selling like that?

honestly, I think that this particular person is some type of third party, getting stuff from different consultants, and at least with the PC stuff, probably getting some director or above's second set and receiving some type of "cut" in the profits.

I'm sure that there is all kinds out there. I know in TX, there was someone who got busted having a "store-front" of sorts at the largest flea market in the state. the whole operation was mind-blowing and repulsive. Luckily, if I remember correctly PC banned her for life.

Last edited:
Chef Bobby said:

I can not belive that they are selling a fall/winter catalog on there and already have 7 bids on it so far it is at $10 for a catalog that I am sure any of us would give freely to a customer!

I had a lady at one of my shows who wouldn't buy anything because she said that she gets it all on ebay. :grumpy:

I am in shock that someone wants for pay over $10 for a catalog...that is unreal.
I wish we could stop them also. No one has ever told me they could get it cheaper on ebay but I know some other consultants that have had that also happen to them...it is a shame.

I just had a show and a customer said I should do cash and carry show. She went to a show and bought things like a food chopper ( said there were a couple) and a covered baker, and more. Maybe people are buying things to stay active and then selling like that?

My hubby has asked my why at my Sept. / Oct. shows I don't sell me "old style" used things or even things I have extra and do cash & Carry at my shows.

I've told him that I won't do that to my hostess, how would I "make up" to her that $ amount in sales for her show.

Does anyone do this and how do you handle that??

Just curious.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My hubby has asked my why at my Sept. / Oct. shows I don't sell me "old style" used things or even things I have extra and do cash & Carry at my shows.

I've told him that I won't do that to my hostess, how would I "make up" to her that $ amount in sales for her show.

Does anyone do this and how do you handle that??

Just curious.

Lisa

absolutely not. IMO - if you are going to sell old style or extra items, those items should be sold at a booth, or an Open House, etc.

Last edited:
I've only done 1 show in my own home, but whenever I do another, I would have a few cash & carry items. I wouldn't bring them to a hostess' party and hurt her party sales.

On my 4th anniversary, I had a Mystery Hostess party, at my home, that hit close to $900 in sales. I also had the top of my SPA covered with discontinued items (SBCK) demo samples that I could no longer demo, and some incentive items I did not want, that I sold at a discount just to get rid of them. Everyone went home happy, and I went happily to the bank the next day! I have offered Cash & Carry at our church bazaar, and on average it covers the cost of the booth. Most folks come looking for bargains at our White Elephant table, so they are happy not to pay shipping and handling, and have what they see instantly.

That catalog is at $10.50! WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMMIES!
Anyway, I look at it this way, same as most of you, they will get theirs. I wish there was a way Pampered Chef could tell eBay - NO PC Products are allowed. I do cash and carry. Rummage, booths but never attached to a party. That is so unfair to the host. HERE IS A A LITTLE WISH I WISH FOR ALL THOSE SELLING OUR STUFF ON E-BAY.
MAY THE PRODUCTS SHOW UP AT THE BUYERS HOMES BROKE
AND OUT OF BUSINESS YOU'LL BE WITH NO WARRANTY.
THEN SADLY ENOUGH YOUR GREAT WISDON ABOUND
AND DOWN THE TUBES YOU'LL GO WITH NOT A PENNY TO BE FOUND!
I HOPE YOU END UP BROKE AND TIED UP IN LAW SUITES!

pampered1224 said:
That catalog is at $10.50! WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMMIES!
Anyway, I look at it this way, same as most of you, they will get theirs. I wish there was a way Pampered Chef could tell eBay - NO PC Products are allowed. I do cash and carry. Rummage, booths but never attached to a party. That is so unfair to the host. HERE IS A A LITTLE WISH I WISH FOR ALL THOSE SELLING OUR STUFF ON E-BAY.
MAY THE PRODUCTS SHOW UP AT THE BUYERS HOMES BROKE
AND OUT OF BUSINESS YOU'LL BE WITH NO WARRANTY.
THEN SADLY ENOUGH YOUR GREAT WISDON ABOUND
AND DOWN THE TUBES YOU'LL GO WITH NOT A PENNY TO BE FOUND!
I HOPE YOU END UP BROKE AND TIED UP IN LAW SUITES!

Love it!!!

So just for kicks, I sent a question to the seller of the catalog. I hid my email address... I asked if there would be any consultant info in the catalog. The reply was no.

Did you ask how then you could order out of the catalog?

pampered1224 said:
Did you ask how then you could order out of the catalog?

No, but I'm feeling a follow up question...

BlessedWifeMommy said:
No, but I'm feeling a follow up question...

you should ask then how you are to order if there is no consultant info to order with??? just play innocent ;)

Here is what I wrote back...Then if I bid on the auction, how am I going to order out the the catalog?

I still can't believe that anyone would pay that much for a catalog that we freely give to customers not to mention that you can see the whole catalog online for FREE!

aslion said:
I still can't believe that anyone would pay that much for a catalog that we freely give to customers not to mention that you can see the whole catalog online for FREE!

I know, I wish there was some way to turn them in. UGH!!!

ooooo good question! any response back yet?!?! i wonder if this seller is getting suspitious (spelling?) of you lol

well, I'm gonna add my two cents for whatever it's worth. I sell or I should say have sold quite a bit on ebay. mostly old dress patterns, antiques and bridal gowns from my store that is now closed. Even though we were not supposed to, bridal shops all over the usa sell gowns on ebay. how else to get rid of overstock, dead stock or make a quick buck. Most dresses do not get sold at a profit. Knowing what we paid for them... no profit. just a write off.

Other products like pampered chef is the same. I see alot of pampered chef on ebay, usually between 2500-2800 sales auctions at one time. some, they are making money, getting retail price. some more and some less. I guess for them it must average out.

If they can sell it and come out ahead at the end of the month look at the commission checks they receive. Incentive trips, tax write offs etc. They are pretty smart.

you have to remember that people are a part of Pampered Chef to make money. Plain and Simple there is no sin in profit. Nobody is going to hold them up at the pearly gates and say, hey you broke the rules on that chopper you sold on ebay 40 years ago.

My opinion is this, and it is only my opinion. HO does little because 1)it's a huge problem. 2)they are making money with the sales too. they have top sales people doing it and they don't want to risk offending them.

yes it's in the rules, but it's only paper. I got hugely upset with a lady a week or so ago promising Carol's file to customer's who purchased the dcb. This was on Facebook.

I truly believe, coming from my angle as a wedding gown owner that PC can do nothing to these internet sellers. Once the product is sold legitimately, they control nothing more. Same thing with my gowns. I bought them and paid for them. How I dispose of my inventory is my business. They can threaten me with cutting me off, but in over 12 years. Never happened to me or any store I ever heard about. There are websites just like this for bridal gown store owners and they complain just the same.

I took the advise of some sage advisors on this site and got over it and am focusing my energy on other directions. has it come up to me at a show that an item can be purchased on ebay? Once, so far. All I said was there are pros and cons with purchases no matter where you make them. Wal-mart versus the grocery store. Same product. you just gotta check all the angles and add it up.

I won't get into facebook (frankly don't know how or care to) but PC info is on all my personal email signatures.

let it go. don't let what other people do drag you down.

Just in case you are wondering, here is what the seller said...Hello. I apologize, but I do not understand your question. Please advise. Best regards.

Judybabe said:
well, I'm gonna add my two cents for whatever it's worth. I sell or I should say have sold quite a bit on ebay. mostly old dress patterns, antiques and bridal gowns from my store that is now closed. Even though we were not supposed to, bridal shops all over the usa sell gowns on ebay. how else to get rid of overstock, dead stock or make a quick buck. Most dresses do not get sold at a profit. Knowing what we paid for them... no profit. just a write off.

Other products like pampered chef is the same. I see alot of pampered chef on ebay, usually between 2500-2800 sales auctions at one time. some, they are making money, getting retail price. some more and some less. I guess for them it must average out.

If they can sell it and come out ahead at the end of the month look at the commission checks they receive. Incentive trips, tax write offs etc. They are pretty smart.

you have to remember that people are a part of Pampered Chef to make money. Plain and Simple there is no sin in profit. Nobody is going to hold them up at the pearly gates and say, hey you broke the rules on that chopper you sold on ebay 40 years ago.

My opinion is this, and it is only my opinion. HO does little because 1)it's a huge problem. 2)they are making money with the sales too. they have top sales people doing it and they don't want to risk offending them.

yes it's in the rules, but it's only paper. I got hugely upset with a lady a week or so ago promising Carol's file to customer's who purchased the dcb. This was on Facebook.

I truly believe, coming from my angle as a wedding gown owner that PC can do nothing to these internet sellers. Once the product is sold legitimately, they control nothing more. Same thing with my gowns. I bought them and paid for them. How I dispose of my inventory is my business. They can threaten me with cutting me off, but in over 12 years. Never happened to me or any store I ever heard about. There are websites just like this for bridal gown store owners and they complain just the same.

I took the advise of some sage advisors on this site and got over it and am focusing my energy on other directions. has it come up to me at a show that an item can be purchased on ebay? Once, so far. All I said was there are pros and cons with purchases no matter where you make them. Wal-mart versus the grocery store. Same product. you just gotta check all the angles and add it up.

I won't get into facebook (frankly don't know how or care to) but PC info is on all my personal email signatures.

let it go. don't let what other people do drag you down.

All this justification doesn't make what these consultants, who supply these seller, are doing right. Every consultant signs that they will not sell for resale. I really hope you are wrong when you say that HO isn't going to do anything about it.

I understand your statement about not letting this drag me down, it is just really upsetting when I put so much work into a show to have eBay come into play at the show.

I wonder if they sell the product on ebay w/o actually having the product on hand - at least new products. Once they receive an order and payment they place the order on their personal website or as an individual order in PP and direct ship to the customer. Or possibly they have bids all ending on the same day and then put it in as a show - then get free products from it.

Holly- they do try, and there are consultants who've felt the results of their actions. But it's a big ocean of rule-breakers out there unfortunately. HO can only do so much and commit resources to it. I disagree with the previous post that HO does little because they are making money and don't want to offend top sellers. We have no way of knowing how much they do.We all agreed to the Policy, therefore are legally bound by it- should they choose to terminate you as a consultant for breaking rules, there isn't a thing you can do about it. But I wouldn't get hung up on what other consultant's are doing. Run your business honorably, and don't worry about those others who feel the rules don't apply. Regardless of the other details- they are breaking the rules no matter how they paint the picture to justify it. I'm not one to believe in "karma", but definitely "you reap what you sow!" ;)Side note though - I do wish we could sell retired/discontinued products on e-bay and such...as long as it wasn't an item on the Outlet or otherwise available through PC. I've got several things I'd love to get rid of. oh well.....

2)they are making money with the sales too. they have top sales people doing it and they don't want to risk offending them.

I've bought and sold stuff on eBay, too. In fact I watched eBay for quite a while before signing as a PC consultant, because I ws considering either PC or jewelry. PC stuff at least seemed to hold its prices on eBay, unlike direct-sales jewelry.

I have seen new things that only directors and above could have, being offered on eBay the week that directors got them. It happens every season when the new stuff ships.
Now whether PC can DO anything about it, I have no idea, so I agree with you on that point, Judy. Best to let it go.

Rhonda, I have thought the same thing....they are direct-shipping orders to customers.

I wonder if PC has any kind of tracking numbers on some of their products? My other company has them and had to use them as evidence to stop someone from buying cheap in the U.S. and reselling higher overseas.

That's the thing - I don't see how PC could tell, unless they actually bought the stuff from eBay! If someone was repeatedly direct-shipping to customers from eBay I suppose PC could eventually track them down, but it would be expensive for PC to figure it out. If the eBay sale is not direct-shipped, how could they track it? A FedEx shipping number and show number has nothing to do with eBay.

Just from my own eBay purchases, I don't see the person's real name until they send my purchase, and then it usually has their actual name and return address on it....and some of them do not even put this, they put their eBay store name if they are a top eBay seller.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it, and I have quit worrying about it. It did upset me years ago when I saw new director-only stuff on eBay the first time.
I've had time to get over it :)

1. How do power sellers on eBay make a profit with Pampered Chef?

Power sellers on eBay can make a profit with Pampered Chef by purchasing products at a discounted rate and reselling them at a higher price on the platform. They may also utilize other strategies such as purchasing products in bulk, taking advantage of sales and promotions, and offering competitive prices to attract more buyers.

2. Why do some power sellers on eBay sell Pampered Chef items for half price or less?

Some power sellers on eBay may sell Pampered Chef items for half price or less in order to attract more buyers and make a larger profit in the long run. They may also do this to clear out excess inventory or to make room for new products.

3. How do power sellers on eBay acquire discounted or free Pampered Chef items?

Power sellers on eBay may acquire discounted or free Pampered Chef items through various methods, such as participating in make-believe shows, purchasing products in bulk, or taking advantage of sales and promotions offered by the company. They may also receive discounts or free products as part of their partnership with Pampered Chef.

4. Is it against Pampered Chef's policies for power sellers to sell products on eBay?

No, it is not against Pampered Chef's policies for power sellers to sell products on eBay. In fact, the company encourages its consultants to utilize multiple selling channels, including online platforms like eBay, to reach a larger customer base and increase sales.

5. How does Pampered Chef ensure that its power sellers are not violating any policies?

Pampered Chef has a team dedicated to monitoring and enforcing its policies, including those related to selling on eBay. The company also regularly communicates with its consultants and provides them with guidelines and training to ensure they are in compliance with all policies and regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
michelle5959
  • kitchenqueen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jst4467