• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Legally Sell on eBay? The Surprising Truth Revealed!

In summary, a consultant may sell on eBay if they host a show and have permission from the company. This is a breach of contract and is not fair to the other consultants who work hard to get their shows approved.
TammyJo
I got a home office lead from someone that wants to know about the business opportunity. I gave her a call and she was asking if we was allowed to sell on ebay because that is what she is wanting to do. I told her I didnt think we were allowed to but wasn't sure. Does someone know the answer to this???:confused:

They can not sell on Ebay it is actually in the consultant agreement

That is the BIG NOOOOO!!!!!! That is total breach of contract!

Thanks, I will pass along the info to her

eBay JunkieI am an eBay junkie. Since my evolution from a Pampered Chef poster child to consultant, I have bought several items on eBay. There are tons of bargains... I bought a vinyl tablecloth, car window stickers, a lot of doorprizes, items like that. However, there are a few sellers with TONS of different products, multiples of each, and all NIB (new in box). With the prices they're selling them for, they have to be consultants! No one could afford to resell that volume of merchandise without a way to purchase it at a discount...

I am not implicating all sellers with Pampered Chef merchandise, some listings are totally legit! There are former consultants clearing out surplus and business supplies, people who received unwanted or duplicate gifts, spring cleaning/downsizing, etc. There are a few however...

I didn't agree with the ethics of it personally, so I hadn't planned to get into the whole reselling thing... Now that you remind me that it's a forbidden practice, it makes me mad!! :mad:

See for yourself - do a search!!

There are lots of people who sell on ebay and that is not fair to the consultnats who work hard to get thier shows. When people get things off ebay that are PC yes they might be a little cheaper but they dont get the guarentee that we offer.

I think people who sell on ebay may be consultants, but they may also be people who got free items (door prizes, bingo prizes, gifts, etc.) and don't want them.

One way to tell is to check the seller's history of items, if they are only selling one PC item, then it's probably from an individual -- if they ALWAYS have PC items on, then either they are a consultant OR they host an awesome show and resell all their free and discounted products.

HO can't do anything about customers who resell, but it is explicitely against policy for a consultant to do so. Of course, it's really hard to enforce if a consultant gives product to someone else to sell.

Frankly, a lot of times the hosts can get stuff a lot cheaper than we can (Host specials at 60% off are cheaper than anything we can buy except the stuff that we earn FREE!)

If you search the threads on here you will find tons of posts on people selling on e-bay. There are PC people assigned to research things, and many, many consultants who find and report violators. Yes, there are way too many to police them all, but they'll most likely get caught eventually. If they are consultants, they will usually slip up and mention something only consultants will know or list a product that is not yet for sale or for consultant's only. I think some people are unaware that it's against policy, but a lot of people are just foolish enough to think they will never get caught. Just my opinion.

I just came across one on ebay this morning, which cannot be anything but a consultant with all of the items she is selling. In addition to offering everything, she also takes "custom orders" and gives ordering cut off dates for shipping. And... over $3000 in sales for the month of April.

(((pop)))) that is the sound of openeing up a can of worms on here with Ebay talk!! haha!!:D

Yep. We should have Greg add a seperate Forum titled "EBay" so the spies at HO could keep up with what we find and then these conversations would stick together. :p

hoosierchef said:
Yep. We should have Greg add a seperate Forum titled "EBay" so the spies at HO could keep up with what we find and then these conversations would stick together. :p

Actually not a bad idea...

I just posted on another thread what one of my guests told me -- she had been at a party a few weeks ago where the host was very pushy about getting the guests to order a lot. The host resells EVERYTHING on Ebay and was pushing to get the show to at least $800 so she got her 30% discount.

She hosted a show every month and always pushed hard. Apparently also does with Tupperware too.

I wanted to say also....HO says it is a NONO to buy anythign PC on ebay as well!

pcgogetter said:
I wanted to say also....HO says it is a NONO to buy anythign PC on ebay as well!
They would have a very hard time controlling that -- clearly you can't resell anything you buy on ebay, but they don't have a legal right to control what you buy for your personal or business use (we aren't employees or contractors, we are independent business people).

That's why they specifically mentioned in the Nancy's Artwork email (to the consultants who complained) that as always we were free to buy any non-licensed (i.e., non-logo) merchandise from her.

"Some Consultants have asked if they can continue to purchase products from Nancy's. As an independent sales Consultant, you're free to purchase products that do not carry The Pampered Chef brand from whomever you wish."​

They can shut down a seller, but can't control the buyers (as much as they might like to).

I haven't found much on ebay that I think is worth the price -- most of the PC stuff is either outdated or something I can get from myself for a better price.

The only things I have bought as a consultant on Ebay were things that I could not get through HO or one of the vendors like the blue SA bag - before the outlet was online!

ivykeep said:
I just posted on another thread what one of my guests told me -- she had been at a party a few weeks ago where the host was very pushy about getting the guests to order a lot. The host resells EVERYTHING on Ebay and was pushing to get the show to at least $800 so she got her 30% discount.

She hosted a show every month and always pushed hard. Apparently also does with Tupperware too.

It is hard to control them...HOWEVER, this host may be misrepresenting PC by stating a warranty or using PC text and pictures. That part could be addressed and stopped potentially...

Related to Can You Legally Sell on eBay? The Surprising Truth Revealed!

1. Can I sell Pampered Chef products on Ebay?

Yes, you are allowed to sell Pampered Chef products on Ebay as long as you are a certified Pampered Chef consultant and follow the company's policies and guidelines for selling.

2. Are there any restrictions on what Pampered Chef products I can sell on Ebay?

Yes, there are some restrictions on certain products that can be sold on Ebay. For example, discontinued items, limited edition items, and products that are not currently available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website cannot be sold on Ebay.

3. Do I need permission from Pampered Chef to sell on Ebay?

While you do not need explicit permission from the company, it is recommended that you inform your Pampered Chef mentor or consultant support team if you plan on selling on Ebay. Additionally, you must follow all company policies and guidelines for selling on third-party platforms.

4. Can I use the Pampered Chef logo or images in my Ebay listings?

No, you are not allowed to use any Pampered Chef logos or images in your Ebay listings. This is considered trademark infringement and violates the company's policies.

5. Are there any tips for successfully selling Pampered Chef products on Ebay?

Yes, here are a few tips to keep in mind when selling Pampered Chef products on Ebay:
- Clearly state in your listings that you are an authorized Pampered Chef consultant.
- Use high-quality images and accurate product descriptions.
- Be transparent about any flaws or damages to the product.
- Offer competitive prices and discounts to attract buyers.
- Provide excellent customer service and promptly address any buyer concerns or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pchefjaime
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies