• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seizures Are Preventing Me From Cooking Shows!

In summary, Christina is having health issues and needs help from her colleagues to keep her business running. She has a question for them, and if they can help out, she will be very grateful. She has some leads and suggestions for them, but she is open to other ideas as well. Her goal is to make as much money as possible and to stay active in her business.
Chrishsm2
Hello fellow consultants :)
I have a question???
I am having health issues right now and I can't do cooking shows. I need ideas on e-mails I can send out to all of my guest and past host asking them to book catalog shows with me or to place orders.
I can't make phone calls because one of the side effects of my seizure has been stuttering alot!
I don't want my customers to feel bad for me and I am going to give insentives for orders and catalog shows, I just need the right wording and flier to e-mail.
If any of you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Hugs!
Christina

Christina,

I am so sorry that you're having to deal with this, and I'm impressed that you are still working your biz! Kudos! I'll be praying that you're able to get the seizures under control, and that the stuttering side effect vanish.

Anyhow, have you considered a mystery host catalog show? There are a couple of great links here with email wording. Check out: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/my-version-1000-mystery-host-show-38202/

You can do a search for others.

Did you already have cooking or catalog shows booked? If so, I would explain to them that you are currently experiencing medical issues but still would like for them to proceed with taking orders and they getting the host rewards.

Do you have leads? If so, I would email them and see when and how interested they are in hosting a show. At that point, you can then explain what needs to happen (ie catalog show, and any incentives).

Also, what goal are you trying to obtain? Just stay active....X amount in shows/sales....consultant incentives?

Not sure I was all that helpful.

Laurie gave you some GREAT advice and resources....just to add to that, I wonder if you have a close friend or relative who would be willing to help you with some of the phone calls? If you could even sit with them while they made the calls, to help with the specifics - they could use a script from CC, and also explain a little of your situation. I'm SURE past hosts and customers would love to help you out as you are recovering. (((hugs))) - you show a lot of courage and fortitude to be moving forward even in the face of adversity!

ChefBeckyD said:
Laurie gave you some GREAT advice and resources....just to add to that, I wonder if you have a close friend or relative who would be willing to help you with some of the phone calls? If you could even sit with them while they made the calls, to help with the specifics - they could use a script from CC, and also explain a little of your situation. I'm SURE past hosts and customers would love to help you out as you are recovering. (((hugs))) - you show a lot of courage and fortitude to be moving forward even in the face of adversity!

Aw, thanks Becky!:blushing:

Once we know what your goals are, it'll be easier to have a plan of action.

Great idea to have a friend call....in fact, it may lead to a new team member. Tee Hee

I would also ask good friends and family to pick up orders at work and their social groups. Who knows, people work harder when there's a cause....you may have your best months yet.

I guess it depends on how long you think you will be out of commission for Cooking Shows. If it's just one month, the Mystery Host show is definitely the way to go. It can get you by. But remember that the host items will all be under one name. So if your various hosts are wanting bigger items with life time warranties, they will probably want to do their own catalog show to have the warranty in their own name.

If this is going to be an extended thing, you will probably want to offer incentives for the hosts to keep the booking ball rolling! I'm not sure where you fall on the commission chart, but let's just assume that you are brand new and making 20% per month as the minimum. A $500 Catalog Show would be $100 in Commission. So consider offering them incentives for hitting certain sales levels AND for booking referrals too!

$500 in Guest Sales = $10 off their order ($100 in Commission - $10 = $90 Commission)
$600 in Guest Sales = $15 off their order ($120 in Commission - $15 = $105 Commission)
$700 in Guest Sales = $20 off their order ($154 in Commission - $20 = $134 Commission)
$800 in Guest Sales = $25 off their order ($176 in Commission - $25 = $151 Commission)
$900 in Guest Sales = $30 off their order ($198 in Commission - $30 = $168 Commission)
$1,000 in Guest Sales = $40 off their order ($220 in Commission - $40 = $180 in Commission)​

Or something like:
$300-$499.99 in Guest Sales = $10 off their order
$500-$749.99 in Guest Sales = $15 off their order
$750-$999.99 in Guest Sales = $20 off their order
$1,000 or more in Guest Sales = $25 off their order - I list my $1,000 hosts on my web page in the News section. It might be enough to put them over the hump if they think that would be cool to have their name on your web page! LOL​

PLUS Booking Incentives!

For every person who books off the current show, the past host can have $10 credit towards their purchase at that person's show which can be applied towards the 60% off item on the Host Flyer!!!​

I wouldn't offer it year around, because it would DEFINITELY cut into your potential profits. But for a few months to get you through your health issues, it could potentially be enough to motivate the current host to do better AND to ask her guests if they would be interested in hosting! ;)

And I'm not sure what's causing your seizures, but if an undiagnosed reason & you haven't already researched the Ketogenic Diet, you might want to look into it. It's been around since the 80's, has had fairly good success rates with children but works well in adults too! ;) (It's more for chemical issues vs. tumors, head injuries, etc - I looked into it for my nephew, but he was having seizures due to a head injury, so we didn't try it.)

Christina, I am praying for you as I type. My other half has something called Childhood Seizure Syndrome and he used to get violent seizures that would be one major one followed by three or 4 more minor ones. This would last about 8 to 10 hours and would scare the you know what out of anyone around when it happens. He has no recollection of anything for about a day and half from just before the first seizure until he "snaps" out of it about a day and a half later. We can not even let him go to bed. Now he gets mild head shaking but he is currently on a medication called Depacote for them and he has been seizure free for about two years now! Now I have been hospitalized and put on bed rest for up to 4 months when I get strep infections in my leg. When this happens I do go to my e-mail list and I send out an S.O.S. to everyone. And I tell them why! I mean, really, it is the truth and in a way, yes, I do want them to feel sorry for me and my business. I simply explain that I am unable to do cooking parties due to my illness but I really need help keeping my business active and that I need at least $200 in sales per month to stay active so I do not loose everything I have worked so hard ot achieve. It never fails, I get help. In fact I have had a $600 plus month the first month I was laid and another $400 plus the second month and $700 plus the third month and just got $150 the 4th month but it kept me going! I held 6 catalog parties while I was laid up! I have had to do this 4 times in 10 years. and I never have gone inactive during my illnesses. I have such fantastic, caring hosts that I know I can count on them. So my advice is to tell it like it is and why you need their help. Plain and simple. What I did do was give each host an incentive to pull that rabbit out of a hat though. So... Find something you think they would like. In April I would use the host specials and GIVE them there choice of one. Hey, $15.80 woudl be worth it to me to get parties and stay active. It would cost me a lot more to start over again. And at this point, it is not about income but rather survival of your business so if you want it, decide what it needs to cost you. Then send out that cry for help! Never be ashamed to use the truth.

Well said, John.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful ideas and for your prayers. I was hospitalized on Monday and just released on Friday and had not been able to log into my computer. At this time I want catalog bookings to just help me stay active.
I have swelling of the brain that cause seizure/epileptic like symptoms. The doctor wants me to stay inactive for a while. Talking, going about my normal routines irritates my brain and causes these symptoms.
I will try everything you all suggested.
Again thank you for taking the time to type all of these wonderful ideas and for all the prayers.
Christina

Sounds like you have to take it easy. Glad the MD's are zeroing on the cause, and hopefully they'll be able to remedy asap and easily.

I would suggest you stay active with one show a month for a while. Ask everyone for a catalog show for the next 3 or 4 months. If you are able to add more down the road, the option is available.

But if you can secure a catalog a month from friends, family or interested guests....then you do not have to worry other than keeping in touch with the host. Also, make sure you tell them that you'll have to depend on email contact....that way you do not have the stress of phone calls and talking to them.

Also, send a general email every month telling everyone that you're placing an order on X date....you may get enough loose orders for another show...you may get individual online orders....or you may get a couple to add to that host's show and help her get more free items.

I'll continue to pray for you and hope you'll be able to keep us posted.

Wishing you much success and more healing!

Big (((hugs))) to you. I hope that everything is okay very soon for you.

1. How can I prevent seizures while cooking?

Unfortunately, we are not medical professionals and cannot provide advice on preventing seizures. It is important to consult with your doctor and follow their recommendations for managing your condition.

2. Can I still attend Pampered Chef cooking shows if I have seizures?

Yes, of course! We welcome all guests to our cooking shows. However, if you are concerned about having a seizure during the show, please let your consultant know and they will do their best to accommodate your needs.

3. Are there any special accommodations for guests with seizure disorders at Pampered Chef cooking shows?

We strive to make all of our cooking shows accessible to guests with different needs. Please let your consultant know if you have any specific accommodations that would make your experience more comfortable.

4. Can I still purchase Pampered Chef products if I have seizures?

Absolutely! Our website allows you to easily browse and purchase our products from the comfort of your own home. If you need any assistance, please reach out to your consultant for help.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef products that can help me cook more safely with my seizures?

While we cannot guarantee the safety of any product for individuals with seizure disorders, we do offer a range of kitchen tools that may make cooking easier, such as our hands-free can opener and safety grip knives. Please consult with your doctor before using any new products in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • Doraine
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • byrd1956