• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Pampered Chef Consultant's Parties: Sales/Commission or Own Outright?

In summary, the conversation suggests that the best way to approach the situation of a PC consultant on bedrest is to directly contact the consultant and discuss the details of taking over their upcoming parties. It is recommended to ask about the consultant's level of involvement, commission split, and handling of bookings, paperwork, and other details. It is also advised to make notes and have a clear agreement to avoid confusion. Some guidelines may be available for reference. It is generally agreed upon that the sales, commission, and bookings should go to the taking over consultant, while the consultant on bedrest may receive a small fee for providing leads. It is also mentioned that letting another consultant enter the show as their own is not ethical.
LisaVH
I just received an email from a friend. Her friend is a PC consultant who has just been placed on bedrest and is looking for someone to take her upcoming parties. What is the best way to approach? Do I take the sales/commission, but not take any bookings? Is it mine outright? I want the sales (working hard to reach super starter bonuses), but I do not want to do anything un-ethical.

I would contact the other consultant and work out the details from there. As far as I'm concerned, the sales are yours.

Lisa,
I would talk to the consultant directly. See how much of the "work" she wants to do. I have a great relationship with my recruiter. A day before a show, I came down with Strep and was in the hospital. I called her and she covered for me. She took my paperwork, my door prize, etc. She just "did" the show. Then I worked with the Host to close it out and took any bookings. Anyway, we split the commission 50/50. We were both happy with that. Now, a bit later on, my Director asked me to cover a show for her last minute. She told me I could keep any bookings, but she was going to enter the show (wanted points, etc). We also decided to split commission. Turned out the Host really liked me (she didn't know my Director) and wanted me to close the show, enter it, future shows etc. That was tough - stressful. My Director still wanted 50%. I didn't think that was Fair, but we worked it out - long story. Anyway, I would talk to the consultant on bedrest - she what she has in mind - how much involvement does she want? does she want part of the commission, also ask about bookings, and what about paperwork, door prizes, etc. I know this is long, but I was just sharing my personal situation!! I believe their are some guidelines listed somewhere - or someone here could answer that question!
Joanne

I would talk to the consultant and ask what she wants. 50/50 seems like a bit much for her to get since you'll be doing most of the work. Good luck....

I would work it out with the consultant and decide what you two want to do.

You could even make some notes, so, there was no confusion as to what you agreed to if you think this is going to generate sevel shows. (there goes the legal secretary coming out in me! :eek: )

BedrestIf she is going to be put on bedrest there probably won't be much she can do. I think that the sales, commission and bookings should be yours. I have had to take over a show for a couple of consultants due to sickness and as far as they were concerned everything was mine for the taking.
Unless they knew the consultant really well and specifically asked to have a show with her. Which was fine with me because she was only sick with the flu and was over it within a week.
This bed rest thing might last longer than that. What is she going on bed rest for?? Pregnancy?
But yes I agree talk with her directly and ask her what she feels is fair. If she says 50/50 or tries to put herself in a place to get too much considering you are doing all the work, don't do it. It will just be a big mess later.

Keep us posted.
Debbie :D

Thanks for the help, everyone. I talked with her a little this afternoon, but we will talk tonight and work out the details. She seemed to like the idea of helping out a "newbie", so I think this will not be as messy as I was anticipating. I will post back when I know more.

I would DEFINITELY not give up any of my commission. If she is giving you bookings, she is basically just giving you what amounts to a lead. If I give up a night with my family, pack my stuff up and travel to someone's house, I am NOT going to give away my commission!

Not sure if the PC handbook still states this but it used to say that if a consultant gives a show to another consultant they should pay $3 for the "lead". I think to cover the paperwork already given to the host.

NEVER do a show and let another consultant enter it as their own (for points or whatever). It is not ethical and the HO would have a fit if they find out!

You might offer her something as a "Thank You" gift. Maybe buy her 100 catalogs when she starts doing shows again.

DebbieSAChef said:
If she is going to be put on bedrest there probably won't be much she can do. I think that the sales, commission and bookings should be yours.

I agree!!!

If she has already started the host coaching and handing out packets I think it's fair to include her in a percent of the commission. I guess it kind of might also depend on how many shows she will be giving you. It may be a nice gesture on your part if she is giving you a lot of solid shows to include her a little bit in the commission. I do think that 50% would be way too much though if they are really just her leads!

Let us know how your talk goes!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I would DEFINITELY not give up any of my commission. If she is giving you bookings, she is basically just giving you what amounts to a lead. If I give up a night with my family, pack my stuff up and travel to someone's house, I am NOT going to give away my commission!

Not sure if the PC handbook still states this but it used to say that if a consultant gives a show to another consultant they should pay $3 for the "lead". I think to cover the paperwork already given to the host.

NEVER do a show and let another consultant enter it as their own (for points or whatever). It is not ethical and the HO would have a fit if they find out!

You might offer her something as a "Thank You" gift. Maybe buy her 100 catalogs when she starts doing shows again.
I have never heard of paying for a lead. I am quite sure it is not in our handbook. Whatever consultant does the demo is the one who gets the commission no matter what happened before.

I do agree that a token gift would be appropriate and I would also say at the party that you are doing it to help that consultant out and you understand that if some in attendance are her friends or customers that she will again be her consultant when she is ready and able but you will help them in the meantime. I would ask any leads if she is their consultant and keep those that say "no" for yourself. If her customers want to book with you before she takes over again that is totally acceptable! If someone wants to use you as their consultant even if they already knew her, remember: It is the customer's choice!

rayday said:
I agree!!!

If she has already started the host coaching and handing out packets I think it's fair to include her in a percent of the commission. I guess it kind of might also depend on how many shows she will be giving you. It may be a nice gesture on your part if she is giving you a lot of solid shows to include her a little bit in the commission. I do think that 50% would be way too much though if they are really just her leads!

Let us know how your talk goes!
That commission is going on your 1099 not hers. You would have to keep good records if you don't want to pay the tax on what you gave away. A token gift is more appropriate.

Some day you may have to give someone a show so don't feel guilty. She offered, you didn't say "I want your shows!" Accept the gift! Buy something for her baby.

In our group if a consultant gives up a show and who ever does it they are entitled to the sales and any bookings. If I have to give up a show I ask my downline first.

BethCooks4U said:
That commission is going on your 1099 not hers.

That is a very good point, I had never really though of that!

My director was sick last fall and she gave me a show at the last minute and she made sure to tell me that the show was mine, the whole show commission and bookings. She says that the one who does the show is entitled to everything. If someone really wants to book with her instead of me then they would say so. I did get some bookings and it turned out to be 1,000. show. I was so excited. She congratulated me afterwards. After all she still gets the 3% off of my sales.

BethCooks4U said:
I have never heard of paying for a lead. I am quite sure it is not in our handbook.

It definitely was in the handbook at one time. I've been in this for 8 years so it was probably before your time. It wasn't called "paying for a lead" but it did recommend that you pay $3 (I believe that was to cover the cost of the paperwork the original host spent in the host packet.)

I spoke to the consultant tonight and she is pregnant...with twins...and had a disease of the placenta that means she will be put on bedrest any minute. To top it off, she is only 16 weeks along. Needless to say, she does not know when she will be able to begin working again. She has basically given me the shows, commission, and leads outright. She is not expecting anything in return. I will definitely get her something for the babies as a thank you. I am really excited at the prospect of getting enough business to make my month two bonus!

Thanks for the advice.

I'm glad it is going to work out right for you Lisa. It was almost like being in the right place at the right time. Good luck and keep all of us posted!

At least consultants in your area know its ok to communicate and share. I have called 2 ladies in my area that I heard about from word of mouth that they were PC reps too, and neither of them return any of my calls. its like they are afriad that I am competiton. I just want to say hello and let them know that if there is anything I can do to help them or if anytime I may need help, that we can be here for each other. Nothing, nada, nil...:confused:

Oh, I have great relationships with the consultants I have met at cluster meetings or even on here! We help each other with products we don't have, paperwork needed, traveling to cluster meetings together, etc. I don't know what I would do without the support network/friends I have gained through them! My cluster meetings are Hospitality meetings too - they support me more than my own group! We share emails, phone calls, etc! I'm thankful for my fellow "area" consultants!!
Joanne

a different ?
BethCooks4U said:
That commission is going on your 1099 not hers. You would have to keep good records if you don't want to pay the tax on what you gave away. A token gift is more appropriate.

Some day you may have to give someone a show so don't feel guilty. She offered, you didn't say "I want your shows!" Accept the gift! Buy something for her baby.

I got off work and came home and have been looking online both CC and here and can't find my answer. I read somewhere very recently if Consultant's turned in 2 shows, even if not pre-registered with PC they still would earn I believe the new tote. I'm not sure if this was for Jan or Feb?

Anyone out there know?

TIA;

Liz

How sweet...
LisaVH said:
I spoke to the consultant tonight and she is pregnant...with twins...and had a disease of the placenta that means she will be put on bedrest any minute. To top it off, she is only 16 weeks along. Needless to say, she does not know when she will be able to begin working again. She has basically given me the shows, commission, and leads outright. She is not expecting anything in return. I will definitely get her something for the babies as a thank you. I am really excited at the prospect of getting enough business to make my month two bonus!

Thanks for the advice.

I recognize SP? the Pearland, TX but can't think who she was!!

Liz,
You get two cookware bags for submitting two January shows by Feb. 5th.
Joanne

1. What is the commission structure for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

The standard commission structure for hosting a Pampered Chef party is 10% of sales in free products, plus an additional 15% in discounted products.

2. How much does it cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to become a Pampered Chef consultant is $109, which includes a starter kit with products and business supplies.

3. Do I have to meet a sales quota as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, there is no sales quota for Pampered Chef consultants. You can work at your own pace and there is no pressure to meet a certain sales goal.

4. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to sell products both in person and online through your personal website.

5. Are there any additional fees or costs associated with being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Aside from the initial cost of the starter kit, there are no additional fees or costs associated with being a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there may be optional training or events that require a separate fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crisbm103