• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted

In summary, a group of people are discussing the old and new versions of the Merrill Ribbon Tote. Some have experienced issues with the lining of the old version and are looking for a replacement. One person shares their experience of receiving a replacement from Merrill, and another person offers a tote from VIP. Someone suggests purchasing ribbons separately and using a scarf purse instead.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I'm just looking - not for sure if I want to buy right now - for the old Merrill Ribbon Tote. I do not like the new one. I know they had issues with the lining so I would prefer one that is still in good shape. Just wanted to see if anyone had one and see a possible price. Thanks!

Bumping for Monday workers!

Wanted to bump one more time...

Yeah, Looking for one too! Please let us know!!

emmabelle47 said:
Yeah, Looking for one too! Please let us know!!
Don't tease me like that, I thought you were answering my prayers!

lol, so you want one badly too? Sorry I don't have one for you. I'm part of a PC yahoo group also and posted something over there. If I get some offers, I'll let you know.

Just wanted to bump one last time. I've been watching one on ebay but am not willing to pay $50 including shipping for it! And I really didn't want to have to buy one on ebay. Anyone???

I know it is REALLY cute, but I bought mine at conference last year and it SERIOUSLY fell apart in about 2 months of use. The poor inside is ripped to shreds. I just received my replacement from Merrill (which is their new version and IMHO not as cute).

I just don't want you to be disappointed in the final product after you've searched this long for one. :)

rebeccastt said:
I know it is REALLY cute, but I bought mine at conference last year and it SERIOUSLY fell apart in about 2 months of use. The poor inside is ripped to shreds. I just received my replacement from Merrill (which is their new version and IMHO not as cute).

I just don't want you to be disappointed in the final product after you've searched this long for one. :)
Yep this happened to me too and I keep saying I'm going to contact them to complain about it. Did they send you the new one for free? I'm very disappointed that the innner lining separated from the bag very quickly. :thumbdown:

Yep! I called and told them I was very dissatisfied with the quality and they said they were having a huge problem with them. They asked me for some information that was on my receipt and said they'd ship it out as soon as they got the new version in. I received my new on this past week!

rebeccastt said:
Yep! I called and told them I was very dissatisfied with the quality and they said they were having a huge problem with them. They asked me for some information that was on my receipt and said they'd ship it out as soon as they got the new version in. I received my new on this past week!
Awesome, thanks! That gives me motivation to go ahead and finally call tomorrow like I've been meaning to do for a couple months.

You're welcome. I was so pleased at the outcome of my call. I, too, had been putting it off for a long time. Hopefully they will ship yours out right away!

Does PC make or did they make a wristlet or a clutch. I'm a sucker for them!

I think they had a smaller red quilted bag on Merrill. Take a look in their limited quantity section.

I did find a tote, I'm not to worried about the liner. I just don't like the new one.

I had the old one, ordered it in August and not even two months later the whole liner was coming off. I called Merril and they resent me another one, now now just a few months after using that one I am having the same problem. I wonder if I call again they would give me another one. I love the tote, and really get a lot of people asking me about PC about it, but the quality is just so bad.

I have a ribbon tote from VIP that was barely used (too large for me as a purse). Please send me a PM if you are interested. Thanks!

Darcy, I PMed you but figured I should put in here that I did find a tote.

One thing you might consider.... I found a purse lady that sold me a scarf purse. It's more purse size that a tote bag size. You can buy the ribbons separately. Looks great & I always have people commenting on it. You don't need to have the logo on the liner. Who looks inside someone else's purse? The ribbons do the job! :)

crystalscookingnow said:
One thing you might consider.... I found a purse lady that sold me a scarf purse. It's more purse size that a tote bag size. You can buy the ribbons separately. Looks great & I always have people commenting on it. You don't need to have the logo on the liner. Who looks inside someone else's purse? The ribbons do the job! :)
How big is this purse and do you have a pic of it? When MY VIP ribbon tote falls apart I want a replacement and I don't want a bucket -non zip bag like the New Merrill ones are.

I would love to see a picture too.

I'll get a picture & dimensions tomorrow. I'm not sure where you'll be able to find it b/c I got mine at a Christmas bazaar that I did in '06. Mine does zip though which is super great. I use it as my regular purse.

crystalscookingnow said:

Crystal can you tell us where you got it from? I have the old Merrill tote and the liner has ripped once and been repaired, but am worried it will rip again. I don't like the new Merrill tote. TIA!! :chef:

More Bag InfoI just took some photos, but am unable to upload them here, please email me directly for photos.

Ribbon tote from VIP: black with shoulder straps. Ribbons: hot pink, white, red. ~15" wide x 12" tall. PC logo inside with 1 side zipper pouch and 2 non-closure "pouches" on other side (cell phone, biz cards, etc).

I also have 3 more bags for sale:

Chocloate Brown & black Method Tote from Merrill
TPC sling bag
TPC catalog purse/bag

Please email me for prices and shipping information.

Darcy,

I pm'd you.....

Related to Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted

1. Where can I find the "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted"?

The "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted" can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Limited Edition" section. You can also find it by searching for the product using the search bar on our website.

2. Is the tote still available for purchase?

Yes, the "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted" is still available for purchase on our website. However, it is a limited edition item and may only be available while supplies last.

3. How much does the tote cost?

The price of the "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted" is currently listed at $35. However, prices are subject to change and may vary depending on promotions and sales.

4. Can I use a coupon or discount code on this item?

Unfortunately, coupons or discount codes cannot be applied to the "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted" as it is a limited edition item. However, you may be able to use a coupon or discount code on other products on our website.

5. Is the tote dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Seeking Old Merrill Ribbon Tote - Good Condition Wanted" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the tote.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vwpamperedchef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • adriennegskitchen
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • ChefCKHall