• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Butter Brush: Have One to Part With?

In summary, a butter brush is a kitchen tool with a long handle and soft bristles used for spreading melted butter, sauce, or glaze onto food items while cooking or baking. It is versatile and can be used for a variety of tasks such as glazing pastries, basting meats, or coating vegetables. Butter brushes can be made from materials such as silicone, nylon, or natural bristles, with a handle typically made of wood, plastic, or metal. Cleaning a butter brush is simple, requiring warm water and dish soap, and it can be used for other types of liquids besides butter, such as oil or marinades. It's important to clean the brush thoroughly between different types of foods to avoid cross-contamination.
Chef_2_Four
does anyone have the butter brush(?) they are willing to part with? I have a customer that called me today and wanted one. I guess they had them a few years back. she said it is kinda like the BBQ basting brush but is for butter.

I think they are refering to the old basting brush. I googled it and it seems to be what she might be talking about.

The Silicone rocks and is great for butter. The brush doesn't flake and cleans up easily!

I have a couple of the old Pastry brushes if she doesn't mind a used one!

Other than the old pastry brush, I have absolutely no clue what a "butter brush" is! I have been doing PC for almost 8 years and have been in love with it for almost 8 1/2 years! and I've never heard of this product!:eek: ;)

What is a butter brush?

A butter brush is a kitchen tool used for brushing melted butter, sauce, or glaze onto food items while cooking or baking. It typically has a long handle and soft bristles for easy spreading.

Why would I need a butter brush?

A butter brush is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of cooking and baking tasks. It allows for precise application of butter or other liquids, making it perfect for glazing pastries, basting meats, or coating vegetables.

What materials are butter brushes made of?

Butter brushes can be made from a variety of materials, including silicone, nylon, or natural bristles. The handle is often made of wood, plastic, or metal. It's important to choose a brush with food-safe materials for cooking purposes.

How do I clean and care for my butter brush?

To clean a butter brush, simply rinse it with warm water and dish soap. If there is stubborn residue, you can soak the brush in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before rinsing. Make sure to dry the brush thoroughly before storing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive pads that can damage the bristles.

Can I use a butter brush for other types of food besides butter?

Yes, you can use a butter brush for a variety of liquids, including melted butter, oil, egg wash, or marinades. Just make sure to clean the brush thoroughly between different types of foods to avoid cross-contamination. You can also use a butter brush for non-food related tasks, such as brushing oil onto a grill or greasing a baking pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • macksmommy418