• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking a Recipe That Has a Taco Filling With Cornbread...

In summary, the Tamale RoundAbout is a recipe made in a Fluted Stone and featured in the Main Dishes cookbook from The Pampered Chef. It is a variation of a recipe using ground beef in the Power Cooking Shows, and a similar version can be found on the cover of the Pillsbury mini cookbook. It is a delicious dish that can be easily duplicated at home.
Chef Mary Rose
And it's made in our Fluted Stone in the microwave. Does anyone know the name of it? It's like cornbread filled with beef.

Thanks in advance! :)

Maybe this one? - Oh maybe not - this uses the torte pan - it was probably a variant of this though!Chicken Jalapeño Cornbread Bake
Ingredients:
2 packages (8.5 ounces each) cornbread mix plus ingredients for cornbread
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar cheese

1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one Torte Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine ingredients for cornbread according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl; add chicken, cheese, jalapeño pepper and seasoning mix. Mix well.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 20-22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven; serve warm.
Yield: 6 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 480, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Protein 20 g, Sodium 870 mg, Fiber 2 g©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Here is the Fiesta Chili Corn Bread:Fiesta Chili Corn BreadCorn Bread Crust
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (11 ounces) can Mexican-style corn, drained
2 (9 ounces) packages corn muffin mix
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs slightly, beatenFilling
1 (15 ounces) can chili without beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1/2 chopped drained pitted ripe olives
Sour CreamPreheat the oven to 350 F.For the crust, coat two 10 inches round baking pans lightly with oil. Line the bottom with cooking parchment. Combine the corn, muffin mix, milk and eggs in a bowl mix well. Spoon half the batter into each of the prepared pans.Bake 20 minutes. Invert each crust on a serving platter.For the filling, heat the chili in a 1 1/2 qt saucepan over the medium heat until hot. stirring occasionally. Spread the chili over the crust. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Monterey Jack Cheese and green onions and olives.Garnish with sour cream. Cut each into 8 wedges.Yields: 16 servings

Oh, and maybe FINALLY the one you want:Cornbread Taco Bake
Recipe #279306
A Pampered Chef recipe...12
servings click to change U.S./Metric measurement system or number of servings
time to make 50 min 30 min prep
Change to: servings US Metric
1 lb ground beef
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili (without meat)
2 cups colby or monterey jack cheese
2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages corn muffin mix
1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, Mexican style, drained
3 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
olives, sliced (optional)
sour cream (optional) 1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. in skillet cook ground beef over medium heat unntil beef is no longer pink; drain.
3. add taco seasoning mix and prepare according to package directions.
4. stir in chili and 1 cup of the cheese.
5. In bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions.
6. Stir in corn and remaining 1 cup of cheese.
7. spoon ground beef mixture evenly onto bottom of baking dish.
8. top wiwth cornbread mixture spreading evenly to edges of pan.
9. bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. cut into 12 squares.
11. top with tomatoes, sliced olives, and sour cream, if desired.

Hmmm...those all sound delish! However, this recipe was made using our Fluted Stone. It's in one of our cookbooks (Main Dishes?) but I don't have the cookbook. A co-worker bought the cookbook last year and was raving about it. I wanted to try it. (Oh, I also don't work at the company anymore where my co-worker works...LOL!) Still, I'm going to save this thread and try these other recipes. They sound great!

I'll check later when I get home and have the cookbook in front of me and see what is in there if no one answers sooner.

It's called the Tamale RoundAbout... attached here... Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Tamale Round-About.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 303
Thanks Colleen - I KNEW you'd beat me! :)

janetupnorth said:
Thanks Colleen - I KNEW you'd beat me! :)

;)

I haven't looked closely at the recipe but from what I remember, I'm thinking this could be another recipe used with the ground beef made in the Power Cooking Shows....

also while waiting at the checkout at Meijer the other day, I was looking at the new Pillsbury mini cookbook... on the cover was a twice-baked potato shepherd's pie thing... I'll check again when I'm back tomorrow but that could be another version we could offer... it was the recipe on the cover. Looked easy enough to duplicate...

Ohhhh, supper tomorrow night! These sound yummy. Thanks!

I was about to say that it sounds like the Tamale Round-About in Main Dishes, but looks like Colleen beat me to it.

I just looked it up and it does use a make ahead ground beef, so this would be a great extra for the power cooking shows too.

Anyone know if you could substitute one or two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix?

KellyTheChef said:
Anyone know if you could substitute one or two boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix?
Betcha could! Since a Jiffy mix uses 1 egg (for comparison), I'd go with 2 mixes, just to be sure there was enough batter.

WOOHOO! Colleen, you're my angel! And ladies, you're exactly right with thoughts about using this recipe for the Power Cooking Show. I created last night the Italian Beef Hoagies (but used Pillsbury's Italian Bread Loaf as the bread and filled it with the Italian Beef). I used the leftover mix tonight by adding a little spaghetti sauce and mixing it up with Rotini pasta.Meanwhile, I have Zesty Taco and Barbecue Sloppy Joes in the freezer. For some reason, the Tamale Round-A-Bout idea got stuck in my head as a way to use the Zesty Taco mix. (dh and I would eat soft tacos, but I wanted to try something a little different.)Also, the Grande Empanada might be another way to use the Zesty Taco filling. I LOVED that recipe although dh couldn't figure out why I was so crazy about it. (He wasn't.) There are a few PC recipes that I just adore and he doesn't. So I guess I need to just make the recipe someday on my own and freeze part of it and have what's left for lunch!Thanks so much!! :)

I think that the taco filling from the Power Cooking show would be great as the topping on a taco salad. And salads can show a LOT of great tools!

1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili (without meat)

I must be dense today. What's chili without meat???

Kelly, the Jiffy is too sweet. It would have been great otherwise. Just regular cornbread next time for me.

Related to Seeking a Recipe That Has a Taco Filling With Cornbread...

What are the ingredients needed for a taco filling with cornbread?

The ingredients for a taco filling with cornbread typically include ground beef or shredded chicken, taco seasoning, diced onions, diced bell peppers, canned corn, canned black beans, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. You will also need cornbread mix, milk, eggs, and butter for the cornbread topping.

Can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

Yes, you can easily make a vegetarian version of this recipe by substituting the ground beef or chicken with vegetarian protein options such as plant-based crumbles or tofu. You can also omit the cheese if you prefer a vegan option.

How do I assemble the taco filling with cornbread?

To assemble the recipe, start by cooking the ground beef or chicken in a skillet with the diced onions and bell peppers. Add in the taco seasoning, canned corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes. Cook until everything is heated through. In a separate bowl, mix together the cornbread mix, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour the cornbread mixture on top of the taco filling and bake in the oven until the cornbread is golden brown.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the taco filling ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you're ready to serve, simply reheat the filling on the stove or in the microwave. You can also make the cornbread topping ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to use. Assemble the recipe and bake it when you're ready to eat.

What are some optional toppings for this recipe?

Some popular toppings for this recipe include diced avocado, sour cream, salsa, diced jalapenos, and chopped cilantro. You can also add a layer of shredded cheese on top of the cornbread before baking for an extra cheesy dish. Get creative and add your favorite toppings to make this recipe your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • pamperedposey
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • babywings76