• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving on Outlet Ordering: Is Consolidating Orders Worth it?

In summary, the host is trying to figure out if she can order outlet items through CC and get a discount. The form is attached.
shelly.nurse
I have a host whose show is June 20. She keeps e-mailing me questions about outlet ordering and specials. I don't have the website yet (I can't justify the expense yet, I haven't had much success yet).

Anyways, I know that there is no guarantee on the products anyways, so what if I took all the outlet orders and compiled them on one order to save on shipping and ordered as a consultant? Is it okay to do that?

Outlet orders won't count toward her show. Make sure she knows that. But, yes, you could submit the orders as one big order. I'd do it under the host's name and have it delivered to her, since it sounds like it's her friends and family who want to order.

chefann said:
I'd do it under the host's name and have it delivered to her, since it sounds like it's her friends and family who want to order.

Since she doesn't have a website, can she do that through CC?

I have made sure to tell her that it will not count towards her party sales, but she said she had some family and friends who wanted to order.

I thought of submitting it through CC under my name (I see her every day at work), getting the 15% discount and charging them the price as listed under the customer web site, offering "free shipping". At least that way, I will be adding to my customer base, and getting a little something for my efforts? Is this okay?

but no commission.....

Yeah, I know, but they are insistent. This is the party I previously posted about being a combined party with another in home direct sales consultant, not by my choice. This is a friend, so I could not say no.

However, after my first "real" show, and having a hard time to get the host to close (also a friend), I really don't like mixing business with friendship!!!

friends are the hardest to work with. kind of changes the relationship sometimes. I try to stay away from the outlet as much as I can. No guarantee, no returns, insane shipping costs and if the customer is not happy with her purchase, that's what she'll remember about me.

I would not put it under your name for your discount. I would get the 20% commission and the amount towards career sales! I have a feeling even though she tells you she "knows" it doesn't count on her Show sales, she doesn't "know" it doesn't count on her Show sales! I would also have it delivered to you to verify the contents. Sometimes they mess up on the Outlet sales and then she would be nuts!

The issue is she can't order for a commission b/c she doesn't have a website. Order it through cc and sell it at the price you decide. Be sure that you are making something after tax and shipping. You will still have shipping. Plus, add a couple things for you if you want. Use them for incentives or booths.I love the outlet. It increases my sales a ton and I’ve never had issues with incorrect items or unhappy people.  In fact, Iput in one or two joint orders per month. B/c I do have a website, I tend to tell hosts that I'll even give them some credit if it makes a difference in their show.Sorry about crazy font. Using a little netbook and it started going crazy!

Jules711 said:
The issue is she can't order for a commission b/c she doesn't have a website. Order it through cc and sell it at the price you decide. Be sure that you are making something after tax and shipping. You will still have shipping. Plus, add a couple things for you if you want. Use them for incentives or booths.

I love the outlet. It increases my sales a ton and I’ve never had issues with incorrect items or unhappy people.  In fact, Iput in one or two joint orders per month. B/c I do have a website, I tend to tell hosts that I'll even give them some credit if it makes a difference in their show.

Sorry about crazy font. Using a little netbook and it started going crazy!

I thought you were REALLY trying to stress your point *lol* :D

NooraK said:
Since she doesn't have a website, can she do that through CC?
Do you mean ordering through P3? If you can actually order outlet items through CC, how do you do it?

If you order outlet items through CC, they're non-commissionable. Go to Managing your business > Samples and supplies > order product samples. One of the options there will be the outlet. We get a discount off the outlet prices, but no commission.There is no way to order outlet items through P3.

I came up with a order form for the outlet ordering. See the attached:

Attachments

• Outlet order form.doc
    52 KB · Views: 412
Oh, I borrowed it from someone on this site, thanks to whoever initially designed this form, I was able to tweak it to fit my needs!!

Related to Saving on Outlet Ordering: Is Consolidating Orders Worth it?

What is outlet ordering?

Outlet ordering is a way for Pampered Chef consultants to purchase discounted products from previous seasons or products that are being discontinued.

How can I save on outlet ordering?

The best way to save on outlet ordering is by consolidating orders. This means combining your order with other consultants or customers to reach the minimum order requirement for outlet prices.

Is consolidating orders worth it?

Yes, consolidating orders can be worth it because it allows you to take advantage of the discounted outlet prices. Plus, you can split the shipping cost with others, which can also save you money.

How do I consolidate orders?

You can consolidate orders by reaching out to other consultants or customers and coordinating a group order. You can also post in Pampered Chef Facebook groups to find others who are interested in consolidating orders.

What are the risks of consolidating orders?

The main risk of consolidating orders is the potential for delays in shipping if one person in the group order does not submit their payment or information on time. There is also a risk of miscommunication or incorrect order information, so it's important to communicate clearly and double-check all order details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ndbigler