• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Santoku Knife Tip Missing? Explore Lifetime Guarantees and Replacement Options

In summary, a customer's newly-bought knife broke shortly after being used, and two other customers' knives broke after being stored upright.
PamperChefCarol
I was doing a show on Saturday night and pulled out my Santoku knife to chop something and before I did, I wanted to show it to the group. Well, what do I see but the tip of the knife is gone. Not pointing anymore, looks like a small chunk "chipped" off. What the????

Needless to say, I followed it up with a discussion about lifetime guarantees and how even my kit stuff is covered! I will call HO tomorrow and see what I need to do to get it replaced.

Mine was bent, and I sent it back! I can't believe it broke off. How wierd??

I'm not surprised. Mine is already poking through the black cover that came with it. I have to be very careful how I carry it in my kit. I wish they'd come out with a better cover for it.

I keep my Cutlery in the black case, with it being point down in my Tool Turn
About. Most of the time, I simply lift the knife out and leave the black sleeve
in the TTA compartment. Once I have used it, rinsed it off, and dried with my
Microfiber towel, I replace it into the black sleeve. They look brand new and have been so much fun to use.

pamperedalf said:
Mine was bent, and I sent it back! I can't believe it broke off. How wierd??

I was pretthy surprised too. Ok, I admit, I was using it to destruct a chicken a few days ago, but come on, it's a knife!

HO, here I come tomorrow.

Okay...I thought I was just really clutzy or something. I didn't bother trying to send mine back, but I will. The tip broke off of my forged Utility knife less than 2 months after having it. I don't remember when it happened, but when I went to slide it back into the cover it wouldn't go in and that is when I noticed the tip bent and missing.

My santoku knife tip is bent also. Did you have a good response with HO?

I'm surprised. Forged steel is usually very durable and sturdy. Please let us know what the HO says.

WHEW!!! I just got off the phone with HO and they are sending me a new one. They originally wanted me to send it back first, but I asked if there was ANY way they could send it first since I use it for my shows. (I had gotten it when I hosted a show in October). After checking with the powers that be...Kathy (super sweet) told me that they were going to go ahead and send a new one first. WOOHOO!!

Mine too! I pulled it out last night at my show and saw it! I guess I'll have to call....I hope it was just a defective batch.

WOW! I can't belive this. I have really hyped these to all my customers. I hope the ones I have sold don't do this!!

My aunt ordered the utility knive and the tip is gone, so I am going to send it back for her (pass the 30 days) Do I just send in the recipet, or do I call?? I haven't done it yet b/c I am not sure. I'm guessing I have to mail in the reciept and the utility knive.

My director was actually telling us about this last night...how people are finding the tip broken off. She recommended that we not store it upright if possible...that the weight of the knife over time causes the tip to break off. She suggested that we keep it tip up or laying flat if possible. Glad that HO is replacing though...warranties are great!

She kept hers lying flat in her silverware drawer... How odd

mbh06 said:
My aunt ordered the utility knive and the tip is gone, so I am going to send it back for her (pass the 30 days) Do I just send in the recipet, or do I call?? I haven't done it yet b/c I am not sure. I'm guessing I have to mail in the reciept and the utility knive.

You'll want to contact the HO to arrange for a return. They'll let you know what they want you to send.

Wow, that happened to my Chef's Knife, too! It was BRAND NEW and I loaned it out for a few days to try to convince someone to buy some, and had it returned with the tip off!

I had another customer who bought hers in November return it to me broken into 3 pieces and dented all over on the back. I asked what in the world happened. Apparently, her husband was cutting off a pig's head (yuck!) to make postule, and it got stuck in the pig's head. He was banging it with the large serving spatula (dents on back) to try to get it out.

I called HO today and they want it back and then will replace it.

I can't believe all the others who are having issues with their knives.

I'm no metalurgist, but this sounds like a batch of overly brittle steel. I hope.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm no metalurgist, . . .

Ever play one on tv?

No, but I was on TV once.My mother made me get down before I fell and hurt myself.

Okay, looking at the bright side- at least they have a lifetime warranty.

Paige Dixon said:
Wow, that happened to my Chef's Knife, too! It was BRAND NEW and I loaned it out for a few days to try to convince someone to buy some, and had it returned with the tip off!

I had another customer who bought hers in November return it to me broken into 3 pieces and dented all over on the back. I asked what in the world happened. Apparently, her husband was cutting off a pig's head (yuck!) to make postule, and it got stuck in the pig's head. He was banging it with the large serving spatula (dents on back) to try to get it out.

No problems yet, but I haven't used them to sever heads off of livestock. Hmmm.....next theme show? That will really pull in the bookings!!

we have 3 pigs ready to go if you're willing to try.....

When the forged cutlery came out I asked HO if any of them could be used as a meat cleaver and they said no because the tips of our knives are too thin for that use. I don't understand why they would make them that way in the first place. lol

PamperChefCarol said:
I called HO today and they want it back and then will replace it.

I can't believe all the others who are having issues with their knives.

You are a consultant. They should send you a new one first so you can bring it to your shows and THEN you can mail back the broken one. Call back and tell them they need to do this for you.

DebbieJ said:
You are a consultant. They should send you a new one first so you can bring it to your shows and THEN you can mail back the broken one. Call back and tell them they need to do this for you.

I can live without this knife for a few weeks.

What concerns me is the delicacy of the knives. I have several other knives (can't say the brands.. have to be loyal to PC, but one's initials are WT and another H) and have never had any sort of problem with them falling apart. And I have used them for much longer than my PC one. I hope this is just a fluke and not a sign of impending doom!

just a dumb question but wouldnt you be concerned that you might be eating the tip of a knife? especially if you hae no clue as to where you lost the tip?

Personally I am not thrilled with the quality of the forged cutlery. They're touting these as comparative with the other big cutlery names, but IMO they really aren't. I've already had to replace 2 of my knives - my Santoku blade is chipped really badly and rusty all over, especially around the chips (I handwash it and dry it). Then I got the paring knife in our sell-a-thon here last month and it wouldn't even cut a tomato! Seriously. They sent me a new one of both knives, no questions asked. But I really don't think they are as professional quality as we were led to believe.

Jennie4PC said:
just a dumb question but wouldnt you be concerned that you might be eating the tip of a knife? especially if you hae no clue as to where you lost the tip?

I figure by now, where ever it is, it is. It had been a few days since I had used it, and haven't heard of anyone dying, so I think I am ok.

britishchef said:
Personally I am not thrilled with the quality of the forged cutlery. They're touting these as comparative with the other big cutlery names, but IMO they really aren't. I've already had to replace 2 of my knives - my Santoku blade is chipped really badly and rusty all over, especially around the chips (I handwash it and dry it). Then I got the paring knife in our sell-a-thon here last month and it wouldn't even cut a tomato! Seriously. They sent me a new one of both knives, no questions asked. But I really don't think they are as professional quality as we were led to believe.

They have got the weight, balance, and style, but I am with you thinking that something is rotten in Denmark with them. I hope that whatever it is, they get it fixed because we really need a line of good knives.

I think the fact they're made in China may have something to do with it. No other good knives are.

mbh06 said:

If you do a product adjustment online under CC then you don't have to send in a receipt, just the print out with the reference #.

I think you can only do a product adjustment if something arrives damaged or is missing from a shipment. Could be wrong, though.

Related to Santoku Knife Tip Missing? Explore Lifetime Guarantees and Replacement Options

1. How did the tip of my Santoku knife go missing?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our Santoku knives are made with high-quality materials and go through rigorous testing to ensure durability. However, if you experience any issues with your knife, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

2. Is the missing tip covered under the lifetime guarantee?

Yes, our Santoku knives are covered under our lifetime guarantee. This means that if you experience any defects or issues with your knife, we will replace it at no cost to you.

3. How do I go about getting a replacement for my Santoku knife?

To get a replacement for your Santoku knife, please contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with the replacement process and provide you with further instructions.

4. Can I get a replacement for my Santoku knife even if I purchased it as part of a kit?

Yes, our lifetime guarantee applies to all of our products, including those purchased as part of a kit. As long as the product is covered under the guarantee, we will provide a replacement at no cost.

5. Will I receive the same Santoku knife as a replacement or will it be a different model?

We strive to provide our customers with the same model of Santoku knife as a replacement. However, in the rare case that the specific model is no longer available, we will provide a similar model of equal value.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gratergirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cmdtrgd