• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another "Everything Has a Lifetime Guarantee"

not good. Summary:People are coming out of the woodworks with old products that "had a lifetime guarantee." I can see that they know this product doesn't have a lifetime guarantee, because the old Deluxe Cheese Grater has a hard plastic barrel that can crack if you use too much pressure.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
People seem to be coming out of the woodworks with old products that "had a lifetime guarantee. I mean, that's why I bought it" crap. I am not good a reading people, but I can totally see that they know it didn't have a lifetime guarantee. The old Deluxe Cheese Grater...um, it is hard plastic and you put pressure on certain points of it to use it. Use too much pressure and it cracks - duh! Why would that have a lifetime guarantee? I just looked at her and smiled and said "as far as I know, it hasn't ever had a lifetime guarantee. Look at the new one - it has an ergonomic handle which will help with that and the barrel is much nicer and open so the cheese doesn't get stuck." She sighed and put it away. At least she didn't rant during my presentation about not getting her way. And, I have had someone bring up the Tupperware lifetime guarantee. Yeah, they have a lifetime guarantee, but it is prorated. I returned two plastic spreaders made specifically for peanut butter and both broke in the peanut butter jar and got about 40% of the value towards something else. What? They don't replace? So, I do share that story when someone brings them up.

Rant over.

I've had people bring up Tupperware too. So, that's interesting. I hadn't heard that they prorate stuff. How does that work? they look up what you paid and that's what you get or do they take into account "depreciation"? I'd love to hear more so I can be prepared with how that works too.

I totally hate that. Sometimes I think people just say that.I had a girl at a show ask me if I had an citrus peelers with me (I didn't). She told me that the tupperware lady gives them out free at her shows and that I should consider doing it. (She came specifically for her free CP... didn't order anything.)Whatevs!

finley1991 said:
I totally hate that. Sometimes I think people just say that.

I had a girl at a show ask me if I had an citrus peelers with me (I didn't). She told me that the tupperware lady gives them out free at her shows and that I should consider doing it. (She came specifically for her free CP... didn't order anything.)

Whatevs!

That has happened several times to me. Or they bring a guest to get a gift and then neither one orders. That's why I now give $1 off shipping to anyone who brings a guest and their guest(s) - the person who brought them gets $1 off no matter what and another $1 off for each person she brought who orders.

I do "bring an adult buying guest host didn't invite and get half-off shipping, bring two for free shipping."As for giveaways, I only give away the calendars (that were available last fall) and old Season's Bests. Those have my info on it. If I give away a product, I give away future business.

Lately I've gotten previous consultants who want to host a show from HO leads. They talk about how awesome they were....too successful that they had to quit! I've had 3 this year. They also proceed to tell me what I should do different, such as giveaways, etc. They are actually the HARDEST to host coach, and their attendance is TINY.

My highest show from those 3 was 300.50. Their expectations on my role is frustrating and high maintenance. Grr...

In regards to the calendars....at what point is it too late to giveaway?

Jolie_paradoxe said:
In regards to the calendars....at what point is it too late to giveaway?

Never! They have all those wonderful recipes!!:party:

Jolie_paradoxe said:
They talk about how awesome they were....too successful that they had to quit!

Groan. Who quits a job they are *too successful* at?

Good point Becky! Thanks.

Finley- exactly, that's what I thought too! Seriously, who hates being successful? Um, cutting back never cross their mind? And from their gamut of excuses for low attendance and low sales, well....a couple of thoughts crossed my mind. =X

Not exactly the lifetime guarantee... I received a request tonight asking if I have an item *on hand*... needs it for a gift tomorrow. Not like waiting until the last minute!!!! Unfortunately I don't... I don't ever have anything on hand other than SBRCs and normally not even those!

As far as Tupperware lifetime guart... it STINKS!! :grumpy: If the item is retired you basicly get NOTHING. If they are only giving you a $1.12 for an item you paid $15.00 for its not worth it so they get off the hook. And they won't give you the $1.12 until the item is returned. Now you have to pay $$$ usually more than you're getting back to send a broken item back. It STINKS! YES, this has happend to me SEVERAL times. If the color has changed they will replace it with the new color. So, many times you have a "bottom" and the color doesn't match the new lid they sent you or vise-versa. Don't let anyone throw the tupperware guarntee in your face. We have a great return policy. There are always going to be people that want something for nothing. :sick:

I actually used to sell Tupperware for 20 months before I signed up for Pampered Chef. The problem with warranty is that Tupperware gives you an amount towards a replacement product if they don't have the same product. PchefKris surprised that they made you return the product before. That is not the way it was done when I sold. You would just give the old product to your tupperware rep and they were to dispose of it and then Tupperware would send the new product. 9 out of 10 times my customers would just take the credit that they were given and buy something completely different.

1. What is "Another "Everything Has a Lifetime Guarantee"?

"Another "Everything Has a Lifetime Guarantee" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where customers can purchase products with the assurance that they will be covered by a lifetime guarantee. This means that if the product becomes defective or damaged, it can be replaced or repaired at no cost to the customer.

2. Which products are covered under this guarantee?

The "Another "Everything Has a Lifetime Guarantee" applies to all Pampered Chef products, including cookware, kitchen tools, and gadgets. This guarantee does not cover consumable items such as food or cleaning products.

3. How do I register for the lifetime guarantee?

There is no need to register for the lifetime guarantee. All Pampered Chef products automatically come with this guarantee. Simply keep your purchase receipt as proof of purchase.

4. What is the process for replacing a product under this guarantee?

If a product becomes defective or damaged, customers can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team to request a replacement or repair. They may ask for a photo of the product or ask for it to be returned for further inspection. Once verified, a replacement or repair will be provided at no cost to the customer.

5. Is the lifetime guarantee transferable?

Yes, the lifetime guarantee is transferable to a new owner if the product is sold or given as a gift. However, the original proof of purchase must still be provided in order to receive a replacement or repair under the guarantee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • ChefBeckyD