• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know Princess House Now Has Santoku Cutlery in Their Catalog?

In summary, the Princess House catalog has new cutlery- a Santoku, Chef's knife, Paring knife, and Boning knife. The company also has a 7-piece set, plus a half-off item when your show qualifies. The prices are pretty high, but the knives are resonable.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
So I just received my new Princess House catalog today. Guess what they have now? Cutlery. Yep even the Santoku. In the catty it says:

"In Japanese, the word "santoku" means "three virtues." When it comes to cutlery, "santoku" refers to slicing, dicing and mincing."

Sound familiar?

Utility knife- $21.95
Bread knife- $29.95
Chef's knife- $32.95
Paring knife- $19.95
Boning knife- $24.95
Knife block & steel- $59.95

7-piece set- $164.95

Plus, when hosting a PH show, you automatically get a half-off item when your show qualifies. I didn't see anything about a lifetime guarantee though! Thank goodness for that!

They also got a new Trifle bowl but it's like $70 or something.

Christ Follower said:
So I just received my new Princess House catalog today. Guess what they have now?
Former PC directors and consultants?

They say imitation is the best form of flattery...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Former PC directors and consultants?

LOL! Ironically, PH was going to be the DS I was planning on signing up for! My mom sold it for 17 years or something like that. Then at a PC party, my now director asked if she could give me some info. After comparing the two, PC was a better fit for me. So never be afraid to ask everyone! She knew I was looking into PH and asked me anyway and here I am now!

I had never heard of PH before joining this site - and I have never heard of it any other place then here. I've been to alot of vendor fairs, etc....in my area, and I've never run into a consultant - is it more of a regional DS thing?
(I'm in West MI)

No, they're all over. It's not saturated here with Consultants either. Before signing PC I hosted a Princess House Party every year and people would say "I haven't been to a princess house party in years!" My mom did really well when she sold it in Southern California but as soon as we moved here to the Central Coast it bombed! It's pretty pricey. That's one of the reasons I went with PC.

The knives don't seem pricey. I've never heard of anyone having a show either. I also am in West Michigan.

The company is based in Massachusetts. Their main product is crystal.

I had a PH party years ago (over 20) for my husband's cousin. At that time their prices were very reasonable. They had some really pretty things, but only crystal at that time. Sounds like they have gotten in to a lot of other things.

I have never heard of the company before.

The knives are very resonable but their main product is crystal. It's not that their crystal is expensive per say, it's that people don't seem to care if it's real crystal or cheap glass. They have baskets and stuff also. I use their market basket to hold my door prizes.

I haven't been to a PH party in probably 12 years! The last one I attended, I think I hosted! I did a few of their parties right after moving out and getting married...but then haven't seen or heard of them since then!

All of my dishes, sugar/creamer, butter dish, serving platter, glasses etc are all Princess House. Most I got free for hosting. Now I've been adding Simple Additions to my collection and I am always torn which one to use! I love them both. I'm becoming a dish whore.

My mom bought crystal wine and water glasses from them YEARS ago... like probably 30 years ago (we were in New England so that makes sense if they started in Massachusetts). She still uses them I think and they are very nice, simple and pretty. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, there was a PH rep at a vendor fair I recently did. I wouldn't be too worried about their knives--I don't think people quickly associate PH with anything but glassware/crystal, whereas PC is more kitchen tools/cookware/bakeware. And, with those price points... is it forged cutlery? Or like our self-sharpening stuff... which is in a totally different league, like comparing apples to oranges.

I'd never heard of them either until at a show a couple years ago, the host was talking all about the crystal in her dining room and how it was from PH. It was pretty and all but honestly I cant see where it would be very marketable in todays market. People want more practical things!

This host was military and had hosted a party in Florida and thats how she got her stuff. Havent seen or heard of PH since - until this website! They sure dont seem to be around here!

I had a HORRIBLE experience last summer with PH. I booked a show from a friend to help her get her booking bonus. I gave the consultant my guest list with 35 names on it. I could not get ANYONE to come. The consultant was PISSED and even told me so. She told me in all her years that she has never spent the $$ to send the invitations and not have a show. I explained that I had called everyone I invited (which I did) and no one was available and/or really wanted anything. (I was very nice about the no one being interested part.) I did get 2 outside orders and ordered some things for myself. It took 3 months for me to get my items. She was a smoker (not that there's anything wrong with that) and I'm not and obviously the items either sat in her car or office (she wouldn't ship them to me) and everything REEKED of smoked. I had to wash things and put out the packaging immediately.

From this experience I caution all of my consultants to be careful how they run their businesses because they are a reflection on our company as a whole. I tell them this story and explain that in my eyes, I have a BIG problem with PH when in reality, I should only have a problem with the consultant. Surely not all PH reps are like that. But when I think of PH, all I think about is what a nightmare it was.

I agree - it can't be as good as ours with those price points. Find out more about what it's made of so we can educate our customers if they ask us. Honestly, I think I'll get more people asking me about Tupperware's new knives or Taste of Home Entertaining's knives (which aren't as good as ours, either), than PH. It's not that big around here, but from what I hear from "older" hosts, it apparently used to be!

My grandmother used to work AT Princess house...

I haven't heard of them in years....so I guess I didn't even know they were still around!

A former friend of mine (LOL) sold PH about 15 years ago. I had a show for her and have a couple of nice things. I love the silver ware holders for a buffet table. Haven't heard anything about them for a LOOOOOOOONG time. Didn't know they were still around. The knives don't seem like they fit with their product line (or else what it used to be.)

What are the new products featured in the Princess House New Catalog?

The Princess House New Catalog features a variety of new products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and tableware. Some popular new items include the Princess Heritage® Stainless Steel Cookware Set, the Princess Heritage® Rectangular Baker, and the Princess Heritage® Measuring Cups and Spoons set.

Are there any special deals or promotions in the Princess House New Catalog?

Yes, the Princess House New Catalog often features special deals and promotions on select products. These can include discounts, free gifts with purchase, or bundle deals. Be sure to check the catalog or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on current promotions.

Can I host a Princess House party to earn discounts on products from the New Catalog?

Absolutely! Hosting a Princess House party is a fun and easy way to earn discounts on products from the New Catalog. As a host, you can earn free products, half-priced items, and discounts based on the total sales from your party. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant to learn more about hosting a party.

Are the products in the Princess House New Catalog dishwasher safe?

Many of the products featured in the Princess House New Catalog are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the individual product descriptions or packaging for specific care instructions. Some delicate items may require hand washing to maintain their quality.

Can I purchase products from the Princess House New Catalog online?

Yes, you can purchase products from the Princess House New Catalog online through your Pampered Chef consultant's website. Simply browse the catalog and add items to your cart, then check out and have them shipped directly to your door. You can also contact your consultant to place an order over the phone.

Back