• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifetime Guarantee on Gifted Items?

I
insaneusmcwife
I was at a TS show the other day and was asked if I could help send back a gifted knife to be replaced. She showed it to me. It has rust spots on it and the blade is chipped in a couple places. I know it has a lifetime warranty but she does not know who the host or consultant was. It was an gift from a "friend" from a past duty station, and there is no contact with them anymore (long story there). How do I help her exchage it?

Also how does the other warranty's work on gifted items with no reciept. With the holidays coming up I've gotten this question a couple times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give her the number to HO and have her call.

Did she give you the knife? If so, I would return it to her and give her the knife with HO's number like Linda said.

Anyone else have prob with rusted knifes? both my knife that came with my kit and my santuko knife have rust spots on them and I just have not gotten around to calling HO... I agree with the others have your guest call HO or if you wasn't to be extra nice you can call for her :)

I left the knife with her. I told her I would find out how to return it without a reciept and I would get back to her the next show on Wed. Thanks a bunch!

pamperedpnina said:
Anyone else have prob with rusted knifes? both my knife that came with my kit and my santuko knife have rust spots on them and I just have not gotten around to calling HO... I agree with the others have your guest call HO or if you wasn't to be extra nice you can call for her :)

The rust spots come off with the PC stainless steel cleaner, and I think others in the past recommended Bar Keeper's friend (or something like that?) I know that it's recommended to wash knives right away and dry them by hand right away also. And make sure they are completely dry before storing them. HTH :)

Ask her to contact whoever gave her the knife, they would have the receipt and would be able to return it either for her, or get it and give her new one.

HTH,

Lisa

She may not have contact with the friend any more but she surely remembers her name. With that and the approximate date of purchase, HO just may be able to find it. Good luck!

I would ask her who bought it for her and contact HO for her. It's not your responsibility to do returns for other consultant's orders...but make it your responsibility! If you can exchange that knife for her, she may just be a customer for life! She will be so happy you did that for her.

pamperedlinda said:
Give her the number to HO and have her call.

That's what I would do as well. Let the Solution Center decide how to handle it.

Question 1: Can I exchange a gifted item with a lifetime guarantee?

Yes, you can exchange a gifted item with a lifetime guarantee as long as the item is still covered under the guarantee and you have proof of purchase or can provide the necessary information to the company.

Question 2: What if I don't know who the host or consultant was for the gifted item?

If you do not know who the host or consultant was for the gifted item, you can try contacting the company directly to see if they can assist you with the exchange. You may also need to provide additional information or proof of purchase to complete the exchange.

Question 3: What if the gifted item is damaged or defective?

If the gifted item is damaged or defective, you may be able to exchange it for a new one under the lifetime guarantee. However, this may depend on the specific terms and conditions of the guarantee and the company's policies.

Question 4: What if I don't have a receipt for the gifted item?

If you do not have a receipt for the gifted item, you may still be able to exchange it for a new one under the lifetime guarantee. However, you may need to provide other forms of proof of purchase, such as a credit card statement or gift receipt.

Question 5: How does the warranty work for gifted items during the holidays?

The warranty for gifted items during the holidays works the same as it would for any other time of the year. If the item is covered under a lifetime guarantee and the necessary information or proof of purchase is provided, it can be exchanged for a new one. However, it is always best to check with the company for any holiday-specific policies or deadlines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• merego
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PC1
  • taterbug