• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stoneware the Perfect Wedding Gift for a Lifetime of Cooking Memories?

In summary, the lady called me and said that she had been referred to me by my stepsister. She wanted to know if I could get in contact with a consultant who had recently purchased a covered clay oven bowl. I told her that the only item similar would be the discontinued DCB, but that it was guaranteed for three years and not lifetime. She called me back at 10:00 pm and said that she wanted to buy the niece something that would last forever, so I gave her my contact information for the DCB online.
taterbug
A lady calls me last night and says that she has been referred to me by my stepsister. Cool! Her niece is getting married in two weeks and she would like to purchase something for her if I can get in here in time. No problem!
She wants to buy her "a covered clay oven bowl" like she has. I explain to her that this particular item has been discontinued and since the time that I started selling PC, the only item similiar would be the DCB. She proceeds to tell me how much she likes hers, blah, blah, blah and then makes some sort of comment to the effect of "well if it has been discontinued, what will happen if I need to use the lifetime guarantee?"
I explain to her that unless the guarantee periods were different when she made the purchase, it should have been guaranteed for three years - not lifetime. I tell her that she can look at the DCB online and give me a call back if she would like to order it (I was going to add it to a show that I am ready to close). She calls me back at 10:00 pm and tells me that she really wants to buy her niece something that will LAST FOREVER so she will just find something else.
I feel sorry for the consultant she purchased her "clay oven bowl" from when she has an issue. Of course, that consultant probably isn't around anymore and she will be calling me. Let me memorize HO's number :).

taterbug said:
She calls me back at 10:00 pm and tells me that she really wants to buy her niece something that will LAST FOREVER so she will just find something else.

And what in the WORLD can you buy that lasts FOREVER?? I know of nothing. :rolleyes: People... sheesh...

Would have been nice if she would have gotten her niece the cookware.. that's a life-time guarantee LOL

Good answer, Patty.

or the knives :)

You could say that the guarantee period is the length that it is, because any defects in wormanship or materials (which is what the guarantee covers) would present them within 3 years of use. If it hasn't broken by that time, or another defect hasn't arisen, it won't. If the stoneware is used according to the Use & Care directions and well taken care of, I don't see why it wouldn't last indefinitely. It's not like it has parts that wear down.

Another good answer.

BethCooks4U said:
And what in the WORLD can you buy that lasts FOREVER?? I know of nothing. :rolleyes: People... sheesh...
Maybe she should just buy her a diamond....those are supposed to last forever according to the commercials.

I generally have pretty good come backs, but it was late, I was tired and knew that she was just "one of those customers". Oh well......

1. What is stoneware and why does it last forever?

Stoneware is a type of clay-based ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, making it very dense and durable. This process creates a non-porous surface that is resistant to scratches, stains, and odors, making it last for a long time.

2. How do I properly care for my stoneware to ensure it lasts forever?

To ensure your stoneware lasts forever, it is important to properly care for it. This includes avoiding sudden temperature changes, such as placing it in a hot oven after being chilled in the fridge, and not using metal utensils on the surface. It is also recommended to hand wash stoneware with warm, soapy water and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners.

3. Is stoneware safe to use in the oven and microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the oven and microwave. It can withstand high temperatures without cracking or breaking, making it perfect for cooking and reheating food. However, it is not recommended to use stoneware on the stovetop or under the broiler.

4. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

While stoneware is generally dishwasher safe, it is not recommended to put it in the dishwasher. The harsh detergents and high heat can cause the stoneware to become brittle and crack over time. It is best to hand wash stoneware to ensure its longevity.

5. Is stoneware non-stick?

No, stoneware is not non-stick. However, with proper seasoning and use, a natural non-stick surface can develop over time. This is achieved by using oil or butter on the surface before cooking and gradually building up a layer of seasoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melindagilbert
  • MicheleC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Becca_in_MD