• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salad for 4: Ideas for a Work Lunch

In summary, to make your work lunch salad more filling and satisfying, add a protein source such as chicken, tuna, or tofu, along with quinoa, beans, or nuts. For creative dressing ideas, try honey dijon vinaigrette, balsamic and strawberry puree dressing, or a homemade dressing with herbs and spices. To prevent your salad from getting soggy, pack the dressing separately and add it before eating, layer ingredients with heartier items at the bottom, and pack crunchy toppings separately. Vegetarian and vegan options include using mixed greens or quinoa as a base and adding in vegetables, fruits, and plant-based proteins. To keep your salad fresh, pack it in an insulated lunch bag or use a mason
kerstin70
I'm bringing a salad to work tomorrow... Any suggestions? It's only going to be 4 people eating but it's all we are having...

greek salad
taco salad
spinach salad with grilled chicken
caesar with grilled chicken

Greek Salad this is my fave!! you can easily cut it in half2 heads romaine lettuce1 small carton feta cheese (I usually use the peppercorn one)1/2 jar pepperocini peppers (I snip the ends with my kitchen shears and drain on paper towels I can't stand juice dribbling)1 cup pitted kalamata olives1 small red onion slicedcapers for topping(you can add artichokes if you like ) Dressing make 1- 2 days before serving 3 cups olive oil4 cups red wine vinegar3/4 - 1 cup (I used about 1 1/4 cups) parmesan 2 1/2 TBSP garlic powder2 1/2 TBSP oregano2 1/2 TBSP basil2 TBSP pepper (I use Lawrys seasoned pepper blue lid)2 TBSP onion powder2 TBSP dijon mustard (I use a good grainy one)salt to tastemix all dressing ingr. in blender keeps for 1 week

I've been making really yummy salads lately. I just chop a bunch of stuff up and toss it together.
I used either lemon and lime juice for dressing or very light vinegerette. There are also some really good fruity dressings out there now. Some of the stuff I mix together are:
baby spinach leaves ( I skip the lettuce)
cucumber slices
jicama
soybeans
blueberries
avocado
carrots
pears
sometimes I also add tuna on top

Thanks! I knew you guys would have excellent ideas!!

I made the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza (again) at a show today, and it went over really well. If you can't do a pizza crust, the salad by itself is still really good!!!

Related to Salad for 4: Ideas for a Work Lunch

1. How can I make my salad more filling and satisfying for a work lunch?

One way to make your salad more filling is to add a protein source such as chicken, tuna, or tofu. You can also add quinoa, beans, or nuts for added protein and fiber. Another option is to include hearty vegetables like roasted sweet potatoes or beets.

2. What are some creative ideas for dressings for my work lunch salad?

Some unique dressing options for a work lunch salad include a honey dijon vinaigrette, a balsamic and strawberry puree dressing, or a creamy avocado dressing. You can also try mixing together different herbs and spices with olive oil and vinegar for a homemade dressing.

3. How can I prevent my salad from getting soggy before lunchtime?

To prevent your salad from getting soggy, try packing the dressing separately in a small container and adding it right before eating. Another tip is to layer your ingredients, with heartier items at the bottom and delicate greens on top. You can also pack a small bag of croutons or nuts separately and add them to your salad just before eating for added crunch.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for a work lunch salad?

Absolutely! You can make a delicious vegetarian or vegan work lunch salad by using a base of mixed greens or quinoa and adding in a variety of vegetables, fruits, and plant-based proteins like tofu or chickpeas. You can also make a vegan dressing using ingredients like tahini or cashews.

5. How can I make sure my work lunch salad stays fresh until lunchtime?

To keep your salad fresh until lunchtime, pack it in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack or keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat. You can also use a mason jar to layer your ingredients, with the dressing at the bottom and the greens at the top, to help keep everything crisp and fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nicki25
Replies