• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Ideas for Christmas Salad | Fruity & Sweet Options

In summary, I have to take a salad to my in-laws for Christmas day... not like a green salad or pasta salad... I'm thinking something more like a fruity or sweet type salad.... I always get stuck bringing the salad and they are just not my thing... any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!!!
ChefPaulaB
I have to take a salad to my in-laws for Christmas day... not like a green salad or pasta salad... I'm thinking something more like a fruity or sweet type salad.... I always get stuck bringing the salad and they are just not my thing... any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!!!

Have you ever had Frozen Fruit Salad? It's very good.....wish I had a recipe for it.....anyone?

There is a salad in the spin on salads book that has sweet potatoes and apples. It is very yummy and different.

I posted a great salad on another thread- we call it Karen's Salad, b/c that is who made it for our Bunko group the first time. It is soooo good.

2 bags of romaine lettuce
1 granny smith apple= chopped into pieces
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 bag of craisins
1 c walnuts- more or less if you want
1 c parmasean cheese- or a blend found in the specialty cheese sections
Paul Newman's oil and vinegar dressing.

Give it a try, it is really good.

pamperedlinda said:
Have you ever had Frozen Fruit Salad? It's very good.....wish I had a recipe for it.....anyone?

Do you know kind of what is in it?

I think it has fruit cocktail, bananas, maybe vanilla pudding - and you freeze it. I'll google and see if I can find something. It's very good.

Do a search for Harvest Chicken Salad ... I made this at my Nov. 24 show and I'm told it was yummy ... has cranberries, oranges and apples.

We have this around Tgiving but would go well with a Christmas dinner as well. Take a bag of cranberries and chop really little (i use food processor) and put sugar on top and sit in fridge over night. In morning, add a whole large container of whipped cream, 3 or 4 medium red apples, cut up and 1/2 a bag of mini marshmallows. Mix all together. It's really really good.
You could also do just a fruit salad with a bunch of canned fruit mixed in a bowl. We have that too and it's really good especially with lots of cherries.

I have an old recipe (try searching taste of home) sorry no time now to look it has fruit and frozen orange juice or lemonade what about the strawberry pretzel salad

I always make Hawaiin Salad to go along with ham:

Mix together 1 bag of mini marshmallows, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, 1 small can of crushed pineapple, drained, and 16 oz. sour cream. Chill overnight to let the flavors blend. You can also add coconut if you wish. I top it off with marachino cherries.

Bren706 said:
I always make Hawaiin Salad to go along with ham:

Mix together 1 bag of mini marshmallows, 2 cans of mandarin oranges, 1 small can of crushed pineapple, drained, and 16 oz. sour cream. Chill overnight to let the flavors blend. You can also add coconut if you wish. I top it off with marachino cherries.

I love this salad, with the coconut! So easy and tastes great. Makes me think of Christmas and my Aunt Sue. She always made it for Christmas and now that we don't gather the ENTIRE family together for the holiday, I'm continuing the tradition.

You can buy a bag of fruit, sprinkly sugar over it the night before and WOW when you wake up there is a sauce over it and instant fruit salad that is so easy.

I LOVE grape salad we have it all the time. You can use purple or green grapes. And 7 Layer Salad is good too and goes a long way.

Related to Delicious Ideas for Christmas Salad | Fruity & Sweet Options

1. What are some creative salad ideas for Christmas Day?

Some creative salad ideas for Christmas Day include a cranberry and feta spinach salad, a winter fruit salad with pomegranate and oranges, a roasted Brussels sprout and sweet potato salad, a classic Caesar salad with homemade croutons, and a festive green and red salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers.

2. How can I make a salad that will please both adults and children on Christmas Day?

A great way to please both adults and children with a salad on Christmas Day is to create a build-your-own salad bar. Offer a variety of toppings such as diced chicken, shredded cheese, croutons, and different types of dressing. This way, everyone can customize their own salad to their liking.

3. Can I make my salad ahead of time for Christmas Day?

Yes, you can definitely make your salad ahead of time for Christmas Day. Just make sure to keep the dressing separate and add it right before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy. You can also prep and chop all the ingredients beforehand and assemble the salad right before serving.

4. What dressings go well with a Christmas Day salad?

Some dressings that go well with a Christmas Day salad are balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, ranch, and a citrus-based dressing. You can also make your own dressing with festive ingredients like cranberries, pomegranate, or orange juice for added holiday flavor.

5. How can I make my Christmas Day salad more filling?

To make your Christmas Day salad more filling, add some protein such as grilled chicken or shrimp, roasted chickpeas, or quinoa. You can also add some hearty ingredients like roasted vegetables, nuts, or grains like farro or barley. This will make the salad more satisfying and a complete meal on its own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nicki25
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies