• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some delicious ideas for a Strawberry Spinach Salad?

In summary, the person is looking for a recipe for a spinach salad for a teacher appreciation event, and is also looking for a raspberry vinaigrette to dress it. They have found two recipes, one from It's Good for You and one from Casual Cooking. The Strawberry Spinach Salad in Casual Cooking is loved by many, and has a dressing included in the recipe.
merego
Hello all,
I have to make a spinach salad for teacher appreciation day next week and was looking for a good recipe. I found one in the recipe file, but didn't know if anyone had any other good ideas of what to add to the salad.
I am also looking for a raspberry vingerette dressing. When the lady in charge of the lunch, called she said I know you are the Pampered Chef girl and you can make really good stuff for us, so I have to come up with something good, the pressures on :chef:

I make mine with Spinach,orange pieces, red onion, sometimes I put mushrooms.

I don't know if this is the one you found in the files - but this one always gets rave reviews for shows - it's simple but people LOVE it!

Attachments

• Strawberry Spinach Salad.doc
    70 KB · Views: 295
The strawberry Spinach salad in It's Good for You (I think) is really good. It is the same recipe that Becky has posted. I know it doesn't sound very good, but it is.

I found a tropical turkey and spincah salad in It's Good For You. I had the darn cookbook sitting here and missed the page as I was flipping through the cookbooks I have.The one Becky posted is the one I printed. I could add other stuff to it, couldn't I? I just don't want to mix too much and it taste funny. I pile it all on my salad but am more particular when I am making it for other people.

I LOVE the Strawberry Spinach Salad!!! I add FETA cheese to it, and if I don't have strawberries, I use apples instead. Also, I cut the sugar in the dressing in 1/2.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't know if this is the one you found in the files - but this one always gets rave reviews for shows - it's simple but people LOVE it!

I offered that at shows last summer & it was a huge hit. I am offering it again this summer.

The Strawberry Spinach Salad is on page 40 of Casual Cooking. I love it as is. It has a dressing included in the recipe which works wonderfully. I use red wine vinegar to make it so the dressing has a red color. If you're looking specifically for a raspberry vinaigrette, you could check your grocery store for raspberry vinegar to use instead.

Thanks everyone, this is awesome!!!

1. Can you suggest a variation of the classic strawberry spinach salad?

Yes, you can try adding grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a heartier meal. You can also add avocado or feta cheese for more flavor and texture.

2. How can I make my strawberry spinach salad more filling?

Incorporate protein-rich ingredients like quinoa, chickpeas, or grilled tofu. You can also add nuts or seeds for a crunch and healthy fats.

3. Can I substitute the spinach with other greens?

Yes, you can use arugula, kale, or mixed greens for a different flavor and texture. Just make sure to adjust the dressing and toppings accordingly.

4. What type of dressing goes well with strawberry spinach salad?

A balsamic vinaigrette or a honey mustard dressing complements the sweetness of strawberries and the earthiness of spinach. You can also try a poppy seed dressing for a tangy twist.

5. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the dressing and chop the ingredients ahead of time, but it's best to mix everything together right before serving to prevent the spinach from wilting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • otisbg