• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running Pampered Partner From External?

In summary, the person is saying that it is easier to run the program from an external hard drive rather than on their computer. They also mention that they had some issues with their computer and decided to move their program to an external hard drive.
MarineGurl020412
Does anyone run the entire program from an external hard drive? Or do you only keep your back up files on one?

I remember someone posting that they were having a hard time with updates when they had the program on an external drive. Tech support told them how to make it work. Apparently the update program expects to find the software on the C: drive, not an external drive. You can call corporate tomorrow & ask. ;)I keep the backups only on an external drive.

Ok that isn't a problem. My hubby has been researching it to see (he said something about possibly needing to change some format) but I wanted to see if anyone here has done is successfully. My laptop got a bad update that he is trying to repair. I nearly cried yesterday when I couldn't get it to turn on correctly.

I do remember someone saying they run P3 off an external HD. I did also, for a little while, because my laptop HD was crashing. I don't know about changing formats, I just downloaded the full version for the website, and when it asked me where I wanted to install, I changed it from the C drive to the external drive. It ran a bit slower, since the EHD was connected via USB, but otherwise it was fine.

I'm not very "techy" so I don't remember having to change any formats or anything and I run my P3 completely off an external HD. We had some issues with our PC at one time and decided that we didn't want to mess around and put my P3 and all my husbands hundreds of music files on the external.

Hmm maybe I will play with it and see how I want to keep it. I was just thinking that it would be easier in the long run to use the External to run the program instead of loading it to each computer that I might be using (having some issues with my laptop) and then having to reload the back ups every time I changed computers.

MarineGurl020412 said:
Hmm maybe I will play with it and see how I want to keep it. I was just thinking that it would be easier in the long run to use the External to run the program instead of loading it to each computer that I might be using (having some issues with my laptop) and then having to reload the back ups every time I changed computers.

Yes, it is easier that way, if you are going to be switching frequently. You won't have to remember where you last backed up. If you do, I would recommend getting an EHD that's portable. Mine isn't officially portable, so I'm not supposed to move it around and jostle it too much. Also, a quick call to TS to make sure your updates are directed to the right place wouldn't hurt.

Thank you everyone! I will stay up and call Tech Support another day (I hate being half way around the world sometimes). I can barely keep my eyes open at the moment.

1. How do I connect to Pampered Partner from an external source?

In order to connect to Pampered Partner from an external source, you will need to use a third-party tool such as Virtual Private Network (VPN) or Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). These tools allow you to securely access and control your Pampered Partner account from outside the company's network.

2. Can I run Pampered Partner on a mobile device?

Currently, Pampered Partner is only compatible with desktop and laptop computers. It is not designed to run on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.

3. Do I need any special software to run Pampered Partner externally?

Yes, you will need to have the appropriate third-party tools (VPN or RDP) installed on your computer in order to access and run Pampered Partner from an external source.

4. Is there a limit to how many external users can access Pampered Partner at once?

The number of external users who can access Pampered Partner at one time will depend on the specific version of the software your company is using. It is best to consult with your company's IT department for more information on user limitations.

5. Can I access all features of Pampered Partner when running it externally?

Yes, you should have access to all the same features and functions of Pampered Partner when running it externally as you do when accessing it from within the company's network. However, some features may run slower due to the connection being made through a third-party tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DanielleQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • CAPCnewbie