• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rubbermaid on our Scrapers? Consultant Asks...

In summary, according to the participants, their scrapers did not say "Rubbermaid" on them, but they may have been made by Rubbermaid.
dianevill
Gold Member
Does anyone know if our scrapers ever said Rubbermaid on them? I've been a consultant for 7 years and have never seen it, but I have a group of 3 women at my other job who swear up and down that their Pampered Chef scrapers don't say Pampered Chef, they say Rubbermaid. I said they're not PC then, but all 3 said they got them at shows a long time ago.

Does anyone know if we contract(ed) with Rubbermaid? I know our old batter bowls used to say Anchor Hocking and a few of our items said Zyliss, but I've never heard Rubbermaid.

Thanks!

Hmmm...I have never heard that one either. I will be interested to see what some of the "old timers" have to say!

Were our scrapers ever rubber?

That's just it - that's what I told them - to me Rubbermaid is associated with RUBBER, and ours are silicone; but maybe the old Mix 'n Scraper, which I believe was called the Spoonula, was rubber?!?

Either way, they're going to have to spring for new ones - heck, they got at LEAST 7 years worth, but they're out to prove me wrong (in a fun sense, not seriously).

I actually called HO on it and the lady didn't THINK they ever said Rubbermaid, but she wasn't sure, either.

Does Rubbermaid even sell scrapers and things like that?
I'm looking at their http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/parentCategory.jhtml?pCat=HPCat100101and it all looks like oragnizational things.

They do...

Where's Ann??? She'll know!! :)

Chefan can probably elaborate more on this but.....

I dont think they ever "said" Rubbermaid on them. Thats not PC style. However, I would not be surprised if they were actually MADE by Rubbermaid for PC. Many of our items are like that, made by someone else exclusively for PC.
Now Rubbermaid might also have scrapers that look exactly the same. Not all things made by Rubbermaid are "rubber". I know my food storage containers arent. ;)

I've been with PC 12 years and my original scraper (still have it!!!) says PC right on the handle.

Sorry, gals, this one I don't know. BUT, I do know that PC items almost always say PC on them. So even if it said Rubbermaid, it should also say PC.

My classic and skinny scraper are 15 years old (back when we sold those two).They are both silicon and DO NOT say rubbermaid, only Pampered Chef.

Possible that a consultant handed them out as sort of a door or guest prize?

Jim

Geoo said:
Possible that a consultant handed them out as sort of a door or guest prize?

Jim

Who would be so cruel! :eek: ;)

I often find years later people tend to forget if they were at a Tupperware party or a PC party (can you believe that? ;) ).Anyway, tupperware on occasion has had rubbermaid spatulas so maybe that's where they got them.

I just heard back from my director, and YES, our "spoonula" did used to say Rubbermaid on it! She started in 1994 and at that point it was the Pampered Chef logo, but she said at some point prior to that it was indeed Rubbermaid. Wonder if Rubbermaid does still make ours? You can buy Rubbermaid at the store - I really hope ours is better quality than what they put out at the stores. I never really paid attention to the store spatulas, because of course, ours is the best:D .

Thanks for all the feedback!

dianevill said:
I just heard back from my director, and YES, our "spoonula" did used to say Rubbermaid on it! She started in 1994 and at that point it was the Pampered Chef logo, but she said at some point prior to that it was indeed Rubbermaid. Wonder if Rubbermaid does still make ours? You can buy Rubbermaid at the store - I really hope ours is better quality than what they put out at the stores. I never really paid attention to the store spatulas, because of course, ours is the best:D .

Interesting facts. Mine were bought in 1993 or 1994, hence the PC name then.

It still would be interesting to see that stuff from those ladies and what it was made of...

I used to use Rubbermaid spatulas, but our silicon scrapers are far superior!

I can't remember the year I got my first PC scraper but it definitely said PC on the handle... and geesh... I was working at the trucking co... so....I'd say.. .1993... maybe 1992... btw, I take mine to shows to show folks how well built and long lasting they are.

dianevill said:

Rubbermaid spatulas are the ones I bring to my shows that are all horrible and icky. Or as my customer, who gave them to me says, "when good spatulas go bad!"

janetupnorth said:
I used to use Rubbermaid spatulas, but our silicon scrapers are far superior!
Silicon scrapers would be hard and scratchy. I think you mean silicone. (That "e" makes a world of difference.) Of course, silicon scrapers would probably have a good IT application.

The current ones aren't made by Rubbermaid. My uncle actually made the mold for our current spatulas. The company he works for in CA makes molds for things, and he was the one who made the spatula molds for Pampered Chef! :) I don't know his company's name, but it's not Rubbermaid.

chefann said:
Silicon scrapers would be hard and scratchy. I think you mean silicone. (That "e" makes a world of difference.) Of course, silicon scrapers would probably have a good IT application.

Thanks Ann - that is the SECOND time I've done that when tired... :thumbdown:

I'm blaming it on the Foo-bug (flu) this time!

Related to Rubbermaid on our Scrapers? Consultant Asks...

1. What are the benefits of using Rubbermaid on our Scrapers?

Rubbermaid on our Scrapers are made with high-quality rubber material that is durable and long-lasting. They are also designed with a comfortable grip handle for easy use and a flexible blade for efficient scraping. Additionally, the rubber material is safe to use on all types of cookware, including non-stick pans.

2. Can I use Rubbermaid on our Scrapers for both cooking and baking?

Yes, Rubbermaid on our Scrapers are versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking. They are perfect for scraping batter and dough from mixing bowls, as well as scraping food residue from pots and pans while cooking.

3. How do I clean and maintain my Rubbermaid on our Scrapers?

Cleaning and maintaining your Rubbermaid on our Scrapers is simple. They are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing them with warm soapy water for best results. After cleaning, make sure to dry them completely before storing them away.

4. Are there different sizes of Rubbermaid on our Scrapers available?

Yes, Rubbermaid on our Scrapers come in a variety of sizes to fit your specific needs. We offer small, medium, and large scrapers, as well as a set that includes all three sizes for your convenience.

5. Can I use Rubbermaid on our Scrapers for scraping hot pans?

Yes, Rubbermaid on our Scrapers are heat resistant and can withstand high temperatures. However, we recommend avoiding direct contact with flames or placing them on hot surfaces for extended periods. It is always best to use caution and let the pan cool down before using the scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • cincychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
Replies