• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thoughts on the Consultant Promotion?

In summary, there was a discussion about "Going Places" Bags which are part of a consultant promotion for the next three months. They are a set of four bags that consultants can earn by doing two shows a month. These bags are not for sale and are a collaboration with Thirty-One Gifts. Some people expressed disappointment with the design of the bags, but others were excited and grateful for the opportunity to earn them. It was mentioned that Pampered Chef does not have to offer these bonuses, so it is important to appreciate and take advantage of them. There was also a reminder to stay positive and not focus on the negative aspects of the promotion.
beckysuem
For those of you that went to conference, what is the story with the "Going Places" Bags? I'm a little bummed that that is the consultant promotion for the next 3 (!) months. Did they say if we will be selling these in the future to our guests? They are really cute, but I'm not thrilled that this is the promotion for so long!

I'm LOVING it!The fact that you can get a matching set of 4 bags just by being consistent and doing 2 shows a month for three months is fantastic. Love the variety of different types of bags with different purposes. I'm really working with my team already to get those two shows booked for each month so that they can have the set. They all loved the lunch bag from April!And no - we won't be selling these - Pampered Chef is kitchen products, not luggage.

I really like it, especially for newer consultants. It's something that is totally achievable for anyone.

And I'm not sad we won't be selling them.... everytime I use something like my picnic basket, people comment and I use it to tell them about how we get some awesome perks as a consultant.

Looks like they teamed up w/ 31 gifts to me!!!

Does anyone have a picture of these totes? I would love to see them (and I an too anxious to wait for it to show up on CC tomorrow or Tuesday <VBG>)

They are on the promotions grid on CC.

beckysuem said:
They are on the promotions grid on CC.

Thanks so much! Can't say that I really love the pattern, can't say that I really like it either. Maybe it will grow on me. It just seems too busy.

Here's the biggest thing: HO doesn't have to offer us ANYTHING!! We should be happy that they are allowing us to get extra things (products, bags, aprons, gas cards, etc) just for submitting TWO shows!! That's right TWO SHOWS and they took away the "before the 15th" requirement that they had last year. I work full time and does my work give me extra benefits for coming into work twice? No!! But PC is trying to get us to get our show schedule steady and make a commitment. If you want those bags, guess what, you are going to make sure that you have two shows every month. Now the biggest thing is not to worry about the rest of the months, get July and August the way you want it now and you won't have a problem getting the rest of the month when it comes to that.

I personally love this too. I like the design. Since it's not a ton of colors, I don't find it too busy. I think it's crazy that for simply having a couple of shows, I get more than just my paycheck! I appreciate that it's not just for recruiting.

You are totally right, Wadesgirl! Thanks for the kick in the butt :)

Last edited:
I agree w/ Wadesgirl, instead of bringing up how "disappointed" you are (and I'm not just talking about the person who started the thread, but anyone else who may complain about this or that as promotional items)....if you earn them, gift them to a great host, sell them here on the marketplace, etc. There's nothing saying you have to keep them but it is true, I don't know of a more generous company! Seriously! There have been a few things that I"m thrilled about getting, but I never complain. I just do what I suggested and it works out in the end.

BTW, I LOVE the bags!

Nice to see the positive thoughts. I love coming here to see new and creative ideas, but mostly I am a lurker. Sometimes I hesitate to tell my new consultants about this site because of some of the negative thoughts that seem to be a bit pervasive in a lot of threads.

I am so excited about these bags!!! I can't wait to tell each person on my team about them. I am excited to earn them for myself and I usually do 10 shows a month. I can't believe that Pampered Chef would give us all of that just for doing 2 shows a month!!!!! Wahoo! I don't have any luggage and I am thrilled to have some that matches. What other job would say hey if you show up for work just 2 times in the next 30 days we will give you a great bonus??

I love the bags! I can't wait to earn every single one of them, too! I'm curious what the men think?

cincychef said:
I am so excited about these bags!!! I can't wait to tell each person on my team about them. I am excited to earn them for myself and I usually do 10 shows a month. I can't believe that Pampered Chef would give us all of that just for doing 2 shows a month!!!!! Wahoo! I don't have any luggage and I am thrilled to have some that matches. What other job would say hey if you show up for work just 2 times in the next 30 days we will give you a great bonus??

I know! I am so incredibly amazed at how good they are to us as consultants. I thought the May Promotion was amazing - but this is even MORE amazing!

I am excited about them. I am a bit bummed about which months it is for..ONLY BECAUSE those are going to be hard months for me with my wedding being October 1. But I am going to try my hardest to get them. I am going to try to do 2 the beginning of September..and 2 the end of October..I was planning on trying to take off a month for my wedding..so that would still work for me.

As a very successful man in the business, even though it is just as a hobby, and staying on the positive side, I give these girly bags to recruits! I never take advantage and sell them. That is just not me! So don't ask....lol

Chef Gilles said:
As a very successful man in the business, even though it is just as a hobby, and staying on the positive side, I give these girly bags to recruits! I never take advantage and sell them. That is just not me! So don't ask....lol

I did think of the men today and wonder what they thought. They will make very nice gifts!

chefheidi2003 said:
I am excited about them. I am a bit bummed about which months it is for..ONLY BECAUSE those are going to be hard months for me with my wedding being October 1. But I am going to try my hardest to get them. I am going to try to do 2 the beginning of September..and 2 the end of October..I was planning on trying to take off a month for my wedding..so that would still work for me.

Schedule some catalog shows :chef:

pamperedlinda said:
Schedule some catalog shows :chef:

Yep..that is what I was thinking..I am hoping to do one cooking and at least 1 catalog show each of those months..more would be great..but I will settle for the minimum if I have to.

Oh trust me..I haven't counted myself out of the running to earn this promotion, yet.

I think this promotion shows that most consultants are only doing 1 show a month.

I think this promotion is also cool because of the 31 craze that's going on. Now we can recruit all those bag lovers--they can get their bags and amazing kitchen tools! Food parties are more fun I think. ;)

wadesgirl said:
Here's the biggest thing: HO doesn't have to offer us ANYTHING!! We should be happy that they are allowing us to get extra things (products, bags, aprons, gas cards, etc) just for submitting TWO shows!! That's right TWO SHOWS and they took away the "before the 15th" requirement that they had last year. I work full time and does my work give me extra benefits for coming into work twice? No!! But PC is trying to get us to get our show schedule steady and make a commitment. If you want those bags, guess what, you are going to make sure that you have two shows every month. Now the biggest thing is not to worry about the rest of the months, get July and August the way you want it now and you won't have a problem getting the rest of the month when it comes to that.

I agree! so excited for these. usually can only squeak out one show each August because of vacations, etc but will be sure to get at least a catalog show in.:love:

I personally love the bags, so no bad thoughts there! But I will say that I have other friends in other DS companies, and when they hear me say that we get things every month just for doing 2 parties, they are floored! They were like, you get FREE stuff just for working! Yes we do, because we are The Pampered Chef. Even if you dont like the particular item, save it for a Christmas Present or Birthday present! It would be the perfect gift! Be thankful that we receive something and that they think so highly of us to reward us with gifts! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm LOVING it!

The fact that you can get a matching set of 4 bags just by being consistent and doing 2 shows a month for three months is fantastic. Love the variety of different types of bags with different purposes. I'm really working with my team already to get those two shows booked for each month so that they can have the set. They all loved the lunch bag from April!

And no - we won't be selling these - Pampered Chef is kitchen products, not luggage.

I couldn't have said it better. These bags are SO STINKIN CUTE!! And when we carry them, people will see them and want them, and it will be a great lead in to one of the great reasons to be a PC Consultant!

I'm only sad because I JUST ordered two similar bags from 31! I wish I had known, LOL! But, I didn't have them embroidered. So I'll probably give them as Christmas gifts, since I'll have all my PC bags! OHHH! My sister is having a baby and one of the bags I ordered will make a great diaper bag! Done! Woot!

I'm going to need a bigger house!

You are for sure. My kitchen is now about 90% Pampered Chef. The only things I have that are not PC are storage and silverware. The new storage containers will take care of that! Now PC just needs to offer silverware and we'll be 100%! :thumbup:

mountainmama74 said:
You are for sure. My kitchen is now about 90% Pampered Chef. The only things I have that are not PC are storage and silverware. The new storage containers will take care of that! Now PC just needs to offer silverware and we'll be 100%! :thumbup:

I could use another set of everyday silverware, so don't be shy in suggesting PC do some sort of housewares gift card on a future promo. I have reward points someplace that has a set of silverware that I might get. Just have to remember where... I was going to get a blender with the points but am hoping to get the recruiting promo blender.

Kristina Bailey had a really cute bag that her friend made. She's on here so can hopefully post a pic and link for her friend, if she hasn't already.

Becca_in_MD said:
I could use another set of everyday silverware, so don't be shy in suggesting PC do some sort of housewares gift card on a future promo. I have reward points someplace that has a set of silverware that I might get. Just have to remember where... I was going to get a blender with the points but am hoping to get the recruiting promo blender.

Kristina Bailey had a really cute bag that her friend made. She's on here so can hopefully post a pic and link for her friend, if she hasn't already.

Just get the outdoor silverware and you'll be covered...tee hee! :D

I love these bags and two shows is totally doable. Just about every consultant in my cluster earns the consultant promotion every month. I personally cannot wait to get those bags into my hands!

The only wee bit negative about it is that I wish there was something different for the men. One of our guys came to conference this year and got the new messenger bag and he was just thrilled to death that they had something manly for him, instead of girly. He could certainly give these new bags to a recruit, but so could we all. It would just be more of an incentive for him if it was a man's shaving case, wallet, duffel bag and that type of thing.

Rosechef said:
I love these bags and two shows is totally doable. Just about every consultant in my cluster earns the consultant promotion every month. I personally cannot wait to get those bags into my hands!

The only wee bit negative about it is that I wish there was something different for the men. One of our guys came to conference this year and got the new messenger bag and he was just thrilled to death that they had something manly for him, instead of girly. He could certainly give these new bags to a recruit, but so could we all. It would just be more of an incentive for him if it was a man's shaving case, wallet, duffel bag and that type of thing.

There's a couple of guys on our team as well...and while I am in no way complaining about the tote they gave us at Conference this year, I have to say...I fell in love with the Messenger Bag the guys got! I would have liked to have that as well!!

Our guys have said they'll give them as Christmas presents when they earn them!

I personally love these bags and believe that if you knew how much 31 does to market its products to other direct sales consultants, you'd see what they could do to help you promote your business. When I told my 31 Consultant that I was a PC Consultant, they immediately thought I was interested in the "large utility tote" to take my products to shows! (I wasn't.)I have to say that as much as I don't NEED them, and as many shows as I have that blur the lines from month to month (end of July shows actually submitted in August) it doesn't motivate me that much and I don't see myself earning all of them, if any. But I love that they are offering them all the same.A gift? I guess I'd have to see it in person. If it says Pampered Chef all over it, I'm not sure my sister or niece would be interested in it. But it would increase MY interest!

I don't think they say Pampered Chef on them, other than on a luggage-type tag that looks like is hanging on the handle (from the photos). That could easily be removed. But it's not embroidered anywhere that I saw. I think they are like the Mother's Day Tote (unmarked).

I do like this promotion and the fact that they're giving us something for 2 shows in a month because they don't often do this. And other product lines don't offer what we do!

And think....of all the different promos this year! I've been fortunate enough to have earned several. I think I'm going to use these bags (I will earn a few if it kills me ;)) to take products or something, so I can something about all of the great extras I can earn from PC just for having shows each month. Talk about a visual!

I love these bags!! I am a 1 show per month consultant...hobby...but, I am totally pushing for 2 so I can earn these bags.

Give yourself a catalog bridal shower (or have your Mom host) & break it into 2 shows if the sales are high enough.

I'd rather have some free PC product from the new fall lineup. I already have enough bags. If I do end up earning one, I will be sure to offer it here!

ShellBeach said:
I'd rather have some free PC product from the new fall lineup. I already have enough bags. If I do end up earning one, I will be sure to offer it here!

If they did that, it seems like it would lessen/cheapen the whole idea of Sellathon Month. We ARE given the opportunity to earn free Fall product. And this year, the "2 Show" level was great! I had several on my team who earned that level, and they were all amazed at what they would be receiving.

I would love to see PC$ as an alternative for all promotions. I put it down at conference. Not everyone likes a promotion but PC$ are pretty universal and it would lead to free products if you want them to.

mountainmama74 said:
There's a couple of guys on our team as well...and while I am in no way complaining about the tote they gave us at Conference this year, I have to say...I fell in love with the Messenger Bag the guys got! I would have liked to have that as well!!

Our guys have said they'll give them as Christmas presents when they earn them!

The bag they gave the fellas this year was a conference bag from a few years ago. I have one if you'd like to get it. I would part with it for $15 plus shipping. I only used it for conference, so it is in good shape.

What I really love about this promotion is that these bags are "PC" bags! I am at my shows with our stuff, not promoting another company!! I'm excited about that. I do not need another bag, but maybe I can use it to encourage a new team member or as gifts. If it said Pampered Chef on it I would totally use it at my shows. Since it doesn't I don't mind gifting them.

I noticed that the tag on the skinny mini DOES say Pampered Chef...

ChefBeckyD said:
....seems like it would lessen/cheapen the whole idea of Sellathon Month. ....

You're probably right. I got my two shows in, and I'm thrilled to get new free product. So I'd like to see more of the same.:balloon:

PC$ are universal, but they would be boring if that's ALL that was offered every month. A choice of either whatever item is featured -or- PC$ would be a happy medium, don't you think?

Those bags look like those Vera Bradley quilted things. I know VB bags are very popular, but they're just not my style. OTOH, I thought the gold&silver apron was cute, but many did not care for it at all. Male consultants really get the shaft on these promos!

I wasn't suggesting PC$ every month, I was suggesting your choice of the prize or PC$ which is the way I worded it on the roll of paper at conference.

Excellent!

I love these bags and am so super excited that they are within easy reach with just 2 shows in each of these months. For a hobby consultant like me, I was soooo excited to know I am able to earn each one of these!!! :)
And, I agree with every on here, we work for the greatest company that offers us such great deals so often!!

Becca_in_MD said:

Thanks Becca! Here is a link to the pic of my bag she made. I sent her the PC ribbon that comes with the ribbon tote on Merrill so that I was within the guidelines. She does excellent work! Please refer me if you order with her!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=10150162657050023&set=a.414574355022.369047.405287750022&type=1&theater

FYI - I actually had her move the bow over a little bit before she mailed it to me.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm LOVING it!

The fact that you can get a matching set of 4 bags just by being consistent and doing 2 shows a month for three months is fantastic. Love the variety of different types of bags with different purposes. I'm really working with my team already to get those two shows booked for each month so that they can have the set. They all loved the lunch bag from April!

And no - we won't be selling these - Pampered Chef is kitchen products, not luggage.

ME TOO!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this promo!!!!! So attainable for everyone!

Kristina, the link you posted just goes to Facebook. It is not specific to her page. Can you please post her name or something so we can look her up on FB?? Thanks!

Chef Kearns said:
Kristina, the link you posted just goes to Facebook. It is not specific to her page. Can you please post her name or something so we can look her up on FB?? Thanks!

try this link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/k-mae-designs/405287750022

if that doesn't work - she goes by k. mae designs and you can do a search for her. =) the pic of my tote is under purses/totes/diaper bags.

<h2>What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on the Consultant Promotion?</h2><p>1. What is the current consultant promotion for Pampered Chef?</p><p>2. How long will the consultant promotion last?</p><p>3. What are the benefits of the consultant promotion?</p><p>4. How can I participate in the consultant promotion?</p><p>5. Will there be any future consultant promotions?</p><h2>For those of you that went to conference, what is the story with the "Going Places" Bags?</h2><p>The "Going Places" Bags were introduced at the Pampered Chef conference as the consultant promotion for the next 3 months. They are a set of stylish and functional bags designed for consultants to use while they are on the go for their business. They come in various sizes and can be used for carrying products, paperwork, and other essentials.</p><h2>I'm a little bummed that that is the consultant promotion for the next 3 (!) months. Did they say if we will be selling these in the future to our guests?</h2><p>Unfortunately, there is no information available about whether the "Going Places" Bags will be available for sale to guests in the future. However, as a consultant, you will have the opportunity to showcase and use these bags during the promotion period, which can help generate interest and potentially lead to future sales.</p><h2>They are really cute, but I'm not thrilled that this is the promotion for so long!</h2><p>We understand your concern about the duration of the "Going Places" Bags promotion. However, this consultant promotion is designed to help consultants grow their business and reach their goals over the next few months. The bags are not only stylish but also practical for your business needs. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to showcase your Pampered Chef business and attract more customers.</p>

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on the Consultant Promotion?

1. What is the current consultant promotion for Pampered Chef?

2. How long will the consultant promotion last?

3. What are the benefits of the consultant promotion?

4. How can I participate in the consultant promotion?

5. Will there be any future consultant promotions?

For those of you that went to conference, what is the story with the "Going Places" Bags?

The "Going Places" Bags were introduced at the Pampered Chef conference as the consultant promotion for the next 3 months. They are a set of stylish and functional bags designed for consultants to use while they are on the go for their business. They come in various sizes and can be used for carrying products, paperwork, and other essentials.

I'm a little bummed that that is the consultant promotion for the next 3 (!) months. Did they say if we will be selling these in the future to our guests?

Unfortunately, there is no information available about whether the "Going Places" Bags will be available for sale to guests in the future. However, as a consultant, you will have the opportunity to showcase and use these bags during the promotion period, which can help generate interest and potentially lead to future sales.

They are really cute, but I'm not thrilled that this is the promotion for so long!

We understand your concern about the duration of the "Going Places" Bags promotion. However, this consultant promotion is designed to help consultants grow their business and reach their goals over the next few months. The bags are not only stylish but also practical for your business needs. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to showcase your Pampered Chef business and attract more customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef