• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Room at the Chicago Hilton: Fun & Friendly Roommate Wanted!

In summary, there is an opening for one person at the Chicago Hilton (South Michigan Ave) in a room with 2 Double Beds and 3 current female, non-smoking, and friendly occupants. The most important quality for the new roommate is to be fun. Unfortunately, one of the potential roommates will not be able to attend the conference due to work. There was also a conversation about a secret dream of being a reporter and the current state of the journalism industry. One attendee is looking for a carpool from Roanoke, VA and another attendee has a room available for Sunday night. Brenda's contact information was also shared for anyone interested.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
We have an opening for one person in our room at the Chicago Hilton (South Michigan Ave). 2 Double Beds, and we have 3 in the room now. Female, non-smoking, friendly, and most important - FUN! Well, that last one covers about 99% of Cheffers, so this is the perfect place to post!

Hmm... I hope I'm not in the 1% that last one doesn't cover... :eek: (I can't go though, but I'd love to)

Noora, I so wish you could be there, too! Can't we just tie your legs together, or something?

Ha ha!Work won't let me off ... I'm bummed because I would TOTALLY move into your room, Sarah! Leave it to them to completely change the way we do things the week after conference!

Di, you're probably better off. If you roomed with me, I'd probably be pestering the whole week with questions about life as a reporter (a secret dream of mine).

already have a room.. otherwise I'd be willing...

colegrovet said:
already have a room.. otherwise I'd be willing...

Yes, DDG-to-be, I'm sure you would be!:D

I am still looking for another person to fill our room we had it covered and the lady decided not to go. We are at the Hyatt if anyone is interested please contact me. Thanks

Sarah, I'll make it short and sweet ... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD don't do it ... the jobs are going away, papers are closing and our staff is half the size it was a year ago. And that's the good side .... :)

Haha, Di! It's a dream, but not something I have the talent (or education) to make reality. But, I do have a great love for God, and know if it was what He had planned for me, it would have happened.

I will also tell you that of my current and former co-workers, one had a degree in English, one had a degree in history, one had a degree in science and several have had "communications" degrees from area schools not "accredited" in journalism like our local J-school.

And hey ... maybe some day when I start that Christian magazine I've been joking about since J-school (wouldn't really do it, don't have the biz smarts to pull it off) you can freelance for me!

Is anyone drving from the Roanoke area? I am looking to carpool with someone if possible. I will probably be flying, but the fares are so expensive. I thought I would try this first.

ChefAndiHV said:
Is anyone drving from the Roanoke area? I am looking to carpool with someone if possible. I will probably be flying, but the fares are so expensive. I thought I would try this first.

you might want to start a new thread for this so it will stand out..

Hope you get a ride, I think it would be more fun to share a ride. But if I were going, I'd be coming from AZ, so I would fly--too far!.

Marghi

ChefAndiHV said:

Roanoke, VA? If I didn't already have plane tickets, I'd jump at the chance. If my team mate was going, we would have made a road trip out of it. She's not, though, and my D prefers to fly. Maybe next year.:thumbup:

Also, bumping to see if there's anyone interested in sharing our room.

Thank you Sarah. I will probably fly myself. I was trying to see if I could get a flight that will not break the piggy bank. That is why I have waited so long to book.

Sarah,
Is the room still available? When are you flying into Chicago? I have somewhere to stay Monday through Thursday, but was wondering if it was cheaper to come in Sunday is there anyone who has a room for Sunday night?

I have a room at the Hilton with space for three Sunday night.

Sorry, I would have dibs on Noora if she could go....I saw her first.

ChefAndiHV said:
Sarah,
Is the room still available? When are you flying into Chicago? I have somewhere to stay Monday through Thursday, but was wondering if it was cheaper to come in Sunday is there anyone who has a room for Sunday night?

Sorry, we aren't coming in until Monday morning, checking out on Thursday. Sounds like Floccies is your best contact for Sunday night.

Brenda's # is 952.239.4903 thanks!

lakamper said:
Brenda's # is 952.239.4903 thanks!

Thanks! Got your message, so I'll send her an e-mail now.

1. What amenities are included in the room at the Chicago Hilton?

The room at the Chicago Hilton includes a comfortable bed, access to the hotel's fitness center and pool, free Wi-Fi, and a flat-screen TV with cable channels.

2. Is the room shared with other roommates?

Yes, the room at the Chicago Hilton is shared with one other roommate. However, the room is spacious and has enough privacy for both individuals.

3. Are there any additional fees for the roommate wanted?

No, there are no additional fees for the roommate wanted. The rent listed is the only cost the roommate will be responsible for.

4. Is the Chicago Hilton in a convenient location?

Yes, the Chicago Hilton is located in the heart of downtown Chicago, within walking distance to popular attractions, restaurants, and public transportation.

5. How can I apply to be the roommate wanted?

To apply, please send an email expressing your interest and a brief introduction about yourself to the contact listed in the advertisement. From there, we will schedule a time to meet and discuss further details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • darlinclem
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
MomToEli