• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roast Beef Cooking Time Help Needed Asap!!

In summary, when cooking a 3-lb roast beef in the oven, it is recommended to cook it for approximately 1 hour at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It is best to cook it uncovered for a crispy exterior, but you can cover it with foil if it becomes too browned. Using a meat thermometer to check for desired doneness is recommended, with temperatures of 135 degrees for rare, 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, and 170 degrees for well-done. Slow cooking is also an option, with a cooking time of 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high, and adding liquid to prevent dryness. To season the roast beef, simple options include salt
kcjodih
Gold Member
HELP! I've never made a roast this big before! I have a roast that's 5 lbs that I picked up at the butcher to serve 8 adults and 2 children.

How long do I cook it for? At what temp, 325? I usually do my family of four roast for a couple of hours at 325.

Anyone? I'm cooking it tomorrow morning. Also, any great spices, etc you use to add to your roast before cooking. Can't use garlic, father in law HATES garlic!

Jodi

If you are making a regular Ribeye roast, roast it at 350 for 2-2 1/2 hours until the internal temp is about 145-155 degrees(medium).

My family likes what we call "Pampered Chef roast". The recipe was presented to me at a show I hosted years ago.

Brown the roast on all sides. Salt and pepper.
Place in 9x13 baker. Cover with chopped onion, then pour on 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (no added water). Add peeled potatoes and carrots, salting and peppering them, too.

Cover with 9x13 lid. Bake at 325*. I usually put mine on at 8:00 and it's ready to eat when I get home from church at 11:30 or so. Mine are probably 3-4 pounds.

PS I actually make this in my old stoneware baking bowl and cover with deep dish baker. I don't know why they discontinued that item--it's the reason I went back to another PC show and started hosting then here I am!

1. How long should I cook a 3-lb roast beef in the oven?

The general rule for roasting beef in the oven is to cook it for 20 minutes per pound at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, a 3-lb roast beef would need to cook for approximately 1 hour.

2. Is it better to cook roast beef covered or uncovered?

This depends on personal preference, but most chefs would recommend cooking the roast beef uncovered for the majority of the time to allow for a crispy exterior. However, if the roast beef is becoming too browned, you can cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.

3. How can I check if the roast beef is cooked to the desired doneness?

The best way to check the doneness of roast beef is by using a meat thermometer. For rare beef, the internal temperature should be 135 degrees Fahrenheit, 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium, and 170 degrees for well-done. Let the roast beef rest for 10-15 minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute.

4. Can I cook roast beef in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can cook roast beef in a slow cooker. Follow the same cooking time guidelines as for oven roasting, but cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-6 hours. Be sure to add some liquid (such as beef broth or wine) to prevent the meat from drying out.

5. How do I season a roast beef?

The simplest way to season a roast beef is with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs or spices. You can also create a rub with garlic, olive oil, and herbs, or marinate the beef in a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and spices before cooking. Be sure to pat the beef dry before seasoning to ensure a crispy exterior.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cook4luv
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies