1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Roast beef cooking time help needed ASAP!!

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

HELP! I've never made a roast this big before! I have a roast that's 5 lbs that I picked up at the butcher to serve 8 adults and 2 children.

How long do I cook it for? At what temp, 325? I usually do my family of four roast for a couple of hours at 325.

Anyone? I'm cooking it tomorrow morning. Also, any great spices, etc you use to add to your roast before cooking. Can't use garlic, father in law HATES garlic!

Jodi

Oct 29, 2005
  2. rayday

rayday Member

If you are making a regular Ribeye roast, roast it at 350 for 2-2 1/2 hours until the internal temp is about 145-155 degrees(medium).

Oct 29, 2005
  3. Ann F

Ann F Advanced Member Gold Member

My family likes what we call "Pampered Chef roast". The recipe was presented to me at a show I hosted years ago.

Brown the roast on all sides. Salt and pepper.
    Place in 9x13 baker. Cover with chopped onion, then pour on 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (no added water). Add peeled potatoes and carrots, salting and peppering them, too.

Cover with 9x13 lid. Bake at 325*. I usually put mine on at 8:00 and it's ready to eat when I get home from church at 11:30 or so. Mine are probably 3-4 pounds.

PS I actually make this in my old stoneware baking bowl and cover with deep dish baker. I don't know why they discontinued that item--it's the reason I went back to another PC show and started hosting then here I am!

Oct 29, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted