• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Riddle Me This... Website Subscribers

P
Pampered Laura
I just set up my website yesterday (and love it!).
My website has my full name after the "/".
Reason?

Because it said those were the rules when I signed on for it:

Recipe for Success
Advertising and Publicity Policies
New! Effective 12/20/2005
Internet/Web: Advertising and Publicity
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address.

So why is it that LOTS of people (Including consultants HERE ON THIS BOARD) have their websites like that?

These are all ONLINE right now, and TOTALLY decieving (check them out, recognize names??) :
/shopping.
/theonlinecatalog.
/shop.
/store.
/onlineshopping.
/catalog.
/buy.
/mystore.
/chef.
/pamperedchef.

Just wondering... theres so much hoopla over where/when we can advertise, but has no one thought of reporting people for abusing the "address" part of the policy?

IMO, we should be able to advertise wherever/whenever we want to. But I do think we should ALL have to have our names in the actual address.

Opinions?? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when they sent that out, they stated NEW website subscriptions. They also stated they would review the ones out there and make a decision based on their review. I hope this info helps. :eek:)

Yes you are right Cynthia. I also remember reading that there was a few months given for people to change their website address........I think it might have been April or May.....not 100% sure... :)

My Director forwarded me a copy of the email sent by HO on 12/20. In part it says:
"Personal Web Site Addresses/Names
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent
sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef
corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include
their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address.

The address may not include The Pampered Chef corporate name or a
derivation of the corporate name, including the tag line, or any trademark
used by the company, such as “Kitchen Show.”

Consultants signing up for a new Personal Web Site will see these
guidelines in message form on Consultant’s Corner. They will be programmed
into our system for automatic enforcement in January and February.

As you already maintain a Personal Web Site, you will be able to keep
the name or address you currently have, for the time being. We are
evaluating whether some Personal Web Sites addresses violate the policy that Consultants not represent themselves as The Pampered Chef company and may be initiating a call directly to those individuals who need to
change their names."

I had let my website lapse when I went inactive, but then resubscribed when I reactivated and I deliberately chose "camicooks" as my ending since my name is Cami. Not that thrilling, but cami and chefcami were already taken.

rest assuredYou KNOW the HO is working on this. A periodic (once every few months) complaint in writing to Field Services and to Tech Support from lots of us independently will help, too!

1. Why is my full name required in my website address?

According to The Pampered Chef's advertising and publicity policies, it is important for consultants to represent themselves as independent salespeople and not imply that they represent the corporate office. Therefore, including your first and/or last name in your website address helps to clearly identify you as an independent consultant.

2. Why do many people have different website addresses without their names?

While it is required for new Personal Web Site subscribers to include their names in their website address, it is possible that some older websites were created before this policy was put in place. Additionally, it is possible that some consultants may not be aware of this policy or have chosen to not follow it.

3. Can we report other consultants for not following the website address policy?

While it is important to follow policies set by The Pampered Chef, it is ultimately up to the company to enforce them. It is always best to address any concerns or questions directly with the company instead of reporting other consultants.

4. Should we have more freedom to advertise our websites?

This is a matter of personal opinion. While some may believe that consultants should have the freedom to advertise their websites wherever and whenever they want, others may see the value in following company policies and guidelines to maintain a professional image for the brand.

5. Do you think all consultants should have their names in their website addresses?

Again, this is a matter of personal opinion. Some may agree that having names in website addresses helps to clearly identify consultants as independent salespeople, while others may not see it as necessary. Ultimately, it is up to The Pampered Chef to determine and enforce their policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Gatorbits
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg