• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: The Disappointing Performance of the New Veggie Peeler at My Show

In summary, some people have trouble with the new peeler, while others like it. The new peeler may have a defect, and people are encouraged to call HO for a replacement.
jcwarr
i brought the new peeler to my show to use and it hardly worked!!! i didn't think the old one was that great but the new one is terrible!!! anyone else have trouble? i was so embarrassed at the show but was able to wing it :)

Veggie PeelerME TOO! I was wondering if mine had a defect. If peeling with my left hand it works, but not w/my right unless I am pulling inward. That can be dangerous!:confused:

I used my new one at home yesterday and didn't like it either. I quickly pulled out my old one!

I feel the same about most ergonomic peelers, and default back to the old style ones... I haven't tried ours, but was worried that this may happen. Definitely call HO and maybe they will send out a replacement and yours is a defect? (hopefully)

I hate ours. But then again, I hate most all veggie peelers. I just use a regular paring knife.

It sounds like there was a batch was not sharpened the way it should have been. I had an old one like this. Call HO and hopefully they will send you a new one.

Now I'm going to have to try mine tonight!:eek:

PampMomof3 said:
Now I'm going to have to try mine tonight!:eek:
Me too. I haven't used mine and I loved the old one. I hope these are just flukes.:(

I used mine to peel 10 lbs of potatoes. Worked just as well as the old one.

I just used mine on the weekend to peel potatoes and carrots. It worked fine for me. :)

EEK! Deb, use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer to peel all those potatoes! I HATE peeling potatoes. I hate peeling anything, really...but that APCS is FUN!

jennifer flick said:
ME TOO! I was wondering if mine had a defect. If peeling with my left hand it works, but not w/my right unless I am pulling inward. That can be dangerous!:confused:
It probably isn't the case, but I found it interesting that you say peeling with your left hand it works...I am left-handed and haven't ever had a problem with the old or new peeler.

Mine worked just fine! I like the new handle much better than the old...more comfortable for me.

jenniferknapp said:
I feel the same about most ergonomic peelers, and default back to the old style ones... I haven't tried ours, but was worried that this may happen. Definitely call HO and maybe they will send out a replacement and yours is a defect? (hopefully)

I feel the same way....tried mine the day I got it put it in the TTA & ordered 5 of the old ones....:cool:

Mine works just fine. I bet it's a defect. Talk to the HO about replacing it.

I hate the new peeler too. I never had the old one, I have just been using another brand (OXO). I couldn't peel anything away from myself, only when pulling towards myself. I didn't even consider a possible defect- I really just assumed the peeler was horrible. I will do my best not to sell the peeler to any unsuspecting customers. I would be so embarassed to find out one of my customers had the experience I have had. If anyone gets an adjustment and changes their opinion, let us know.

Well, I pulled mine out when I was making dinner and it's OK.
Yay!!

I have never been a fan of "traditional" vegie peelers. I have an old blue one that I bought at Target years ago that has a hood over it. (if that makes any sense to you guys, the blade part is semi protected) I love it because it fits my hand just right as I have small hands. The new peeler handle for me is just to big and I find myself not being to peel right with it.
PS Ann why do you have the special disclaimer on post? just wondering

I also ordered 4 "old" veggie peelers, because I was bound and determined that the new one wasn't going to work...but I used the new on the other day and it worked great, and felt much better! SO....now I have some more prizes to give away, I guess. I have 2 old ones in my TTA already, but wanted to make sureI didn't run out...but I actually like the new one better. Sorry to those of you who had problems!!

chefkitty said:
PS Ann why do you have the special disclaimer on post? just wondering
With all the hoopla around here, I thought it was time that I pulled that out. My DH moderates a forum that's had some problems, and he's got things like that on the top of every page so that the forum doesn't get sued if one member badmouths another or gives bad advice.

Related to Review: The Disappointing Performance of the New Veggie Peeler at My Show

What is the reason for the disappointing performance of the new veggie peeler?

The disappointing performance of the new veggie peeler could be attributed to several factors. It could be a manufacturing defect, improper usage, or low-quality materials used in the production process.

Can the new veggie peeler be returned or exchanged?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef customer, you are entitled to our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase.

Are there any tips for improving the performance of the new veggie peeler?

Yes, we recommend using the peeler on firm and smooth vegetables, such as carrots or cucumbers. It is also important to hold the veggie peeler at a slight angle and apply gentle pressure while peeling.

Has there been any feedback from other customers about the new veggie peeler?

We have received mixed reviews from other customers about the new veggie peeler. Some have had a positive experience while others have had a similar disappointing performance. We are constantly working to improve our products based on customer feedback.

Is there a warranty for the new veggie peeler?

Yes, the new veggie peeler comes with a one-year warranty against any manufacturing defects. If you encounter any issues within that time frame, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • veggiemama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
veggiemama
  • Monty060609