• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Cookware Film: Tips for Removing Unwanted Residue

If it is the stainless, you can use a bit of the Barkeepers friend...or actually a little tiny bit of Tarn-x - just make sure you wash it REALLY well after that. I had a film on my stainless saute pan - kind of a bluish film and that was the only way I got rid of it to make it look newer for shows.Go to this thread to read more about the white stains on your cookware: Exec cookware/ bottom looking dry!thanks I'll have to do more research on the stainless.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just had one of my best customers ask about a film on her cookware. She said that she boil chicken in salt water and now it left a film that she cannot get off no matter how she cleans it. Anyone have any tips I can tell her?

Not sure about the film but I do know that you should NEVER salt your water before it comes to a full boil or it will scar your pans. If that happens, you end up getting a white ring around the inside of the pan. That's the scarring from the salt. Not sure if there is a remedy or not.

Remember, it does have a lifetime guarantee so she could always send it back for a new one.

Last edited:
Colleen- This rule also applies to our non-stick? I thought it only applied to pans containing aluminum...that it would sit on the bottom of the pan and pit the metal. If so...thanks for letting me know! I didn't think it applied to our non-stick cookware!

As far as I know it applies to nonstick. I had those rings on my pans until I learned this. Since I got new ones, haven't had that problem! So I'm not sure!

If it is the stainless, you can use a bit of the Barkeepers friend...or actually a little tiny bit of Tarn-x - just make sure you wash it REALLY well after that. I had a film on my stainless saute pan - kind of a bluish film and that was the only way I got rid of it to make it look newer for shows.

we have hard water and my pans all have a film around them, depressing! i haven't found a way to make them look nice, prob will have to return them and get new ones, don't think they would sell very well looking like this (h yea they were used ONCE)

Go to this thread to read more about the white stains on your cookware: Exec cookware/ bottom looking dry!

thanks I'll have to do more research on the stainless.

KellyTheChef said:
Colleen- This rule also applies to our non-stick? I thought it only applied to pans containing aluminum...that it would sit on the bottom of the pan and pit the metal. If so...thanks for letting me know! I didn't think it applied to our non-stick cookware!
I learned this (no salt until boiling) when I got a good set of cookware - non-stick, non-PC several years ago. I made that a habit and no matter what pan I use I do it this way - I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1. How do I remove stubborn residue from my cookware?

To remove stubborn residue from your cookware, start by filling the pan with hot water and adding a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, then use a scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub away the residue. For tougher residue, try using a paste of baking soda and water and letting it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.

2. Can I use steel wool or other abrasive materials to remove residue?

No, we do not recommend using steel wool or other abrasive materials on your cookware as it can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. Stick to using gentle scrub brushes or sponges and non-abrasive cleaning agents.

3. Do I need to use a special cleaner to remove cookware film?

No, you do not need to use a special cleaner. In fact, many common household items like dish soap, baking soda, and white vinegar can effectively remove cookware film. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners with strong scents, as they can be damaging to your cookware and potentially leave a residue of their own.

4. How can I prevent residue from building up on my cookware?

The best way to prevent residue from building up on your cookware is to properly clean and dry it after each use. Avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the surface and always use the recommended heat settings when cooking. Regularly inspect your cookware for any signs of wear or damage and replace as needed.

5. Is it safe to use my cookware after removing the film?

Yes, it is safe to use your cookware after removing the film. Just make sure to thoroughly rinse and dry the pan before using it again. If you notice any scratches or damage to the non-stick coating, it may be time to replace the cookware to ensure safe and effective cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lsm72
Replies
Views
Tracy99