• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Reigniting My Business: How I'm Finding Motivation After Maternity Leave

In summary, finding a balance between being a new mom and running a business requires prioritization and utilizing a support system. Strategies for reigniting a business after maternity leave include setting attainable goals and utilizing social media. To stay motivated and focused, break tasks into smaller chunks and set aside dedicated work time while prioritizing self-care. Effective time management tips include setting a schedule and learning to say no. Overcoming feelings of guilt or inadequacy as a new mom and business owner involves seeking support and setting realistic expectations.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok so I'm posting this in the motivation forum cause I NEED IT!

I have not done a show for over two months, seriously TWO MONTHS! Well not really, I've collected orders and cooked food for some people but no shows like I used to do. My maternity leave is well over, MacKinnon is two months old tomorrow. It's time for me to get back to business. We've been living off of my husband's one income all summer and it's really taken a toll. Now with the economy issues, the extra family member on our insurance, and the constant need to buy baby supplies, I need my job more than ever!!! I went from a pretty powerful team (40+ and $15,000 or more a month) to a team that's struggling to maintain the minimum requirements. I can't say I blame them without having the proper leader to demonstrate by example...

I know it's all on me to get myself going again, but just for the sake of venting, does anyone have any suggestions to get my rear in gear again?

Pick up the phone and call past hosts. Do OOB calls. I need to take my own advice as well!

Yes, get on that PHONE!!!
You can do it. Like they say, "If it has been done before, It can be done again".
( one of my consultants says that everytime she gets in a slump and it pulls her through)
Get back on that Horse!:approve:

1. How do I balance being a new mom and running my Pampered Chef business?

Finding a balance between being a new mom and running your business can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and set realistic expectations for yourself. Utilize your support system and delegate tasks when needed, and remember to take breaks and prioritize self-care.

2. What are some strategies for reigniting my business after maternity leave?

Some strategies for reigniting your business after maternity leave include setting attainable goals, staying organized, utilizing social media and networking opportunities, and offering promotions or discounts to attract customers.

3. How can I stay motivated and focused on my business while also caring for my newborn?

It's important to remember that it's okay to take breaks and prioritize your baby's needs. To stay motivated and focused, try breaking your tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, and setting aside dedicated time for work while your baby naps or is being cared for by a family member or childcare provider.

4. What tips do you have for managing my time effectively as a new mom and business owner?

Some tips for managing your time effectively include setting a schedule and sticking to it, prioritizing tasks, using time management tools like calendars or to-do lists, and learning to say no to tasks or events that may interfere with your work or personal life.

5. How can I overcome feelings of guilt or inadequacy as a new mom trying to run my business?

Remember that it's normal to experience these feelings and that it's important to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being. Seek support from other working moms, set realistic expectations for yourself, and celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small they may seem. Don't be afraid to ask for help when needed, and remember that being a new mom and running a business is a challenging, but rewarding, journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pchefmm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
msturrock
  • dannyzmom