• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Regaining Motivation & Rebalancing: A Journey of Self-Care

In summary, Amanda has been in a slump for a year and is looking for ways to get back into the swing of things. She has a high stress job and is also taking care of her disabled sister's children and her own kids. Kristy has been a great support and has been calling people for Amanda. Finally, Ida has been flying out to help Amanda get back on track.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay Ladies I have been in a major slump since uh November. I have not found my drive, and do I need more than ever now. I know all the steps to take, but seem to have no drive or energy to take them.

I want and need to get back out there and start going crazy again. Normally my DH is very supportive, but the supportive stopped when I literally stopped working the biz. Now he is all upset because we just forked out money for conference and we are going to Maui/Kuai for my sister's wedding.

So my new delimah is being worn out after work. I took on a HIGH stress substitue teaching job w/ severly handicapped students. Now I was an aide for almost 8 years, so I know how to handle the kids, but now I am in charge of aides and 1 is making my job harder than it should be. Then I am dealing with all the paperwork going in behind it for IEP's. Then I have a couple parents challanging me being qualified enough to work w/ their kids. Blah Blah.

Anyway's I find myself so tired that when I come home I just want to crash, and my 3 DS needs love, attention, and for me to be a mom. I am in this Job till the end of the school year, so I need to balance and have energy, drive.
Heck I need it all. Vitamen's aren't helping (this was my dir. responce when I asked).

Sorry about such a long thread, I just want to make Director by conference, and could use the extra $$. TIA

I believe in you. Maybe after the Expo you'll get new leads and that will help.
YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, don't know that I can give you what you are looking for, but it seems to me that you know what to do, AND have done it. :D :D To me, I see that you've been doing this a year, have already earned a FREE vacation, and have your sights on being a director! You have alot on your plate, and should be proud that you've accomplished so much so fast! You deserve a big pat on the back!! You CAN do it.:D

Alright Amanda, I think we've all been where you currently are. Have Ida come over, pick your butt off the couch and make Phone Calls! That is the key to our success!!

Have a little friendly competition with a booking blitz!!! :p

Alright Amanda, I think we've all been where you currently are. Have Ida come over, pick your butt off the couch and make Phone Calls! That is the key to our success!!Have a little friendly competition with a booking blitz!!!
Okay Kristy that made me laugh. I have made 5 phone calls today, most calls I have made in a long time(well in one day). Thanks so much I do need someone to pick my but off the couch. Thanks Amy for your great support, & Ida thank you!!!:)I guess what I really have a hard time doing is disiplining myself. I just don't feel I have the energy when I get off of work. Any secret drive tips?????

So, since Kristi has offered to kick your butt into action, how about I fly out and bite the ankles of these obviously annoying people who are causing you problems?

Just say the word (and send the plane ticket), and I'm there, baby!

Seriously, you know what needs to be done. Once you begin moving in the right direction, you'll be fine. Set little goals for yourself, and as you meet them you'll be able to make new ones and meet those. Success breeds success.

Last edited:
Okay, that made me crack up Rae! You'll bite the ankles!!!! :D :D

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, that made me crack up Rae! You'll bite the ankles!!!! :D :D

Yeah, I'm picturing her yipping like a little dog with those wanna be mean barks, growling and nipping at ankles...he-he...

pamperedalf said:
Okay Ladies I have been in a major slump since uh November. I have not found my drive, and do I need more than ever now. I know all the steps to take, but seem to have no drive or energy to take them.
Well, since I wasn't invited here (and I'm not a cat wearing a duress :D) it's up to me to be my usual self...so here's how to boost your ride...er...drive.

http://www.caseih.com/files/tbl_s56PartsandServices%5CImage371%5C105%5CCables.gif
ae1021-1.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, since I wasn't invited here (and I'm not a cat wearing a duress :D) it's up to me to be my usual self...so here's how to boost your ride...er...drive.

http://www.caseih.com/files/tbl_s56PartsandServices%5CImage371%5C105%5CCables.gif
ae1021-1.gif

Hey, nice jumper cable image C/O my former employer...he-he...

Anyway, I should save that image to hand out...you don't know how many people I've stopped for (GUYS INCLUDED) that have jumper cables but NO CLUE how to use them...
I've convinced my mom to at least keep her Amoco Motor club so I don't have to worry about her...

Thanks for that boost. I will remember next week when school is back in to just go and get the jumper cables.... LOL

I have jumper cables to end all! They're about 40 feet long and weigh like 20 lbs! But anyhow...

I HEAR YOU AMANDA! I am the same way! I know what I need to do but just haven't been doing it. I WANT big things, but haven't really put myself out there to get them.

My upline had a big conference call a few weeks ago about a WOW month. Basically, you set yourself a BIG goal for one month and send out letters/emails telling people about your goal and then FOLLOW UP! My goal is $12,000 in sales in May. I have sent out letters and emails, and now I'm trying to make my followup phone calls. I'm going to visit my director tomorrow, actually, for almost a week, and when I get back, I expect to be fully inspired and come home and ROCK (kind of like a mini-conference, only I'm just going to do a show with her, a conference call, and a new consultant training)

Just know we're all here for you no matter what!! Think about the women you've heard from conference who have all sorts of things going on, but yet manae to earn TPC in 5 categories and promote all over the place!

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Kim, LOVE your pic!

I am in the same boat....feeling kinda bad cuz my planner is empty, and I KNOW it's up to ME to fill it up! I have the most awesome director, and she's so helpful...but when it comes right down to it, it's my business, and its up to me to keep it going. (yes, I've been lazy!)

I had a Great March, and now nada. So, Im gonna work it tomorrow at my show and see what I can do to get more bookings! Then will take it from there!

I've said this before, and I'm saying it again...I love this place! We are a big family (not always happy), and I know I can count on everyone to pick me up when I'm flat on my face!

Thanks for all the support - this goes out to everyone!

pamperedalf said:
Thanks for that boost. I will remember next week when school is back in to just go and get the jumper cables.... LOL
I thought you might get a charge out of that.

Sometimes when someone is in a slump, it becomes a downward spiral. I believe that just recognizing it and making the decision to move in a different direction can have a tremendous effect. It won't surprise you that I find humor to be one of the most effective tools for doing this.I'm confident that Amanda (and the rest) will pull out of this slump and kick her business into high gear. You know what to do. We're just here to remind, encourage, and kick a little tushie.

Now that KG gave me a charge (won't tell DH), rae's going to go and bite some ankles, and I felt Kristy kicking my butt from Florida. I am going to go do my show today and keep my chin up.

Thanks so much for the boosts & charges. Oh here is my Director status, I am basically starting over but not any more:
1 new recruit signed (first show May 5th)
1 active recruit (not qualified but having a baby this week & wants the 3 month extension, probably won't submitt till August)
1 recruit inactive (could reactivate by the end of the month)
2 Kit nappers (that could reactivate by July, not holding my breath NEW BLOOD)Okay so I could have 2 qualified by the end of May, I need 3 mas by July 1st. Send good vibes my way please!!!

Well, I too have been in a major slump Amanda. Not with having no shows but with not wanting to do them. I think I am approaching the end of my PC career. It is getting to be too much. I will go until I get no more bookings. :(
The worst thing about deciding that is that I will miss you all like crazy. Maybe my energy will come back. It has been missing for a while though.

pamperedalf said:
Thanks so much for the boosts & charges. Oh here is my Director status, I am basically starting over but not any more:
1 new recruit signed (first show May 5th)
1 active recruit (not qualified but having a baby this week & wants the 3 month extension, probably won't submitt till August)
1 recruit inactive (could reactivate by the end of the month)
2 Kit nappers (that could reactivate by July, not holding my breath NEW BLOOD)

Okay so I could have 2 qualified by the end of May, I need 3 mas by July 1st. Send good vibes my way please!!!
Use the jumper cables on them!

That's it, I'll give them a boost so I can promote!!!

Related to Regaining Motivation & Rebalancing: A Journey of Self-Care

What is "Regaining Motivation & Rebalancing: A Journey of Self-Care"?

"Regaining Motivation & Rebalancing: A Journey of Self-Care" is a program designed to help individuals who are feeling burnt out or overwhelmed to regain their motivation and find balance in their lives. It includes tools, resources, and support to help individuals prioritize self-care and make positive changes in their daily routine.

Who can benefit from this program?

This program is beneficial for anyone who is feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or lacking motivation in their daily life. It is especially helpful for those who have a busy schedule or are struggling to find balance between work, family, and personal responsibilities.

What does the program include?

The program includes a variety of resources such as self-care worksheets, goal setting exercises, and guided meditations. It also includes a support group where individuals can connect with others and receive guidance from a certified self-care coach.

How long does the program last?

The program is designed to be self-paced, so the length of time can vary depending on the individual's needs. However, the program typically lasts for 6-8 weeks.

Is this program only for women?

No, this program is for anyone who is looking to prioritize self-care and find balance in their life. It is open to people of all genders and backgrounds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • pampchefrhondab