• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Redux: Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches

In summary, the conversation revolved around a couple's baking experience where they made a twist on the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches recipe by using a mini-muffin tin and adding a quartered peppermint patty in each one. They also discussed other dessert ideas for the holiday season, including making mini tortes with brownies and PB + marshmallow filling, and using Andes Mints in a dessert. The conversation also touched on the texture of desserts like trifles and the Peppermint Fudge Cookies.
leftymac
The partner and I were baking cookies this weekend and we wanted to make the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches from last fall/winter, but we didn't like that it only made 10. So we got to thinking, and did a little revamp...

We filled the mini-muffin tin with cute striped liners. Then, we whipped up the dough, and did a small scoop in each one. We baked it for the recommended 9 minutes, then stamped them down with the mini tart shaper.

Then, we placed a quartered peppermint patty in each one, then put it back in the oven for one more minute. Then, we removed them to cool.

Afterwards, we put a dollop of white chocolate icing (we made it ourselves according to some recipe we found). We would've done a star-tip with the EAD, but I left it at home. Then, we garnished with crushed peppermint candies.

They were delicious, AND it made 24 of them!

So, instead of Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches, we had peppermint fudge cookie cups!

Now, if only I had done like my usual and taken pictures. But they're down at his place and I'm back home now.

Great idea!

This sounds SO good! Can't wait to try it.....:D

Cute! I'm coming up with a list of things to bring for desserts for Christmas, I love this idea.

Funny, I had a similar idea about the Chocolate PB Cup Torte. DH's family has a couple of members that don't seem to understand that there's a limit to how small one can cut food and have it maintain it's integrity. I swear, they always ask for a slice of dessert that's only 2 atoms wide! And the PB Torte is really hard to slice super thin. So my idea was to make the brownies in the MMP, press the tops with the tart shaper to make a little dimple, then slice them horizontally, spoon on a little of the PB + marshmallow filling, reassemble and put the cut up PB Cups on top. :) Ta da! Lots of little tortes! And I think it would make 48 of them, 2 MMPs worth.

There's just something wonderful about a tiny little MMP dessert that is 2 or 3 bites. Even just plain old 2 bite brownies. They display so nicely on Simple Additions and they don't get all "ugly" like a trifle does. Maybe something with brownies and chopped Andes Mints might work...​

LeslieSGI said:
There's just something wonderful about a tiny little MMP dessert that is 2 or 3 bites. Even just plain old 2 bite brownies. They display so nicely on Simple Additions and they don't get all "ugly" like a trifle does. Maybe something with brownies and chopped Andes Mints might work...​

I gotta agree with you about the trifles. I love them when they're first presented but right after that first spoonful, they start looking like sludge.

leftymac said:
I gotta agree with you about the trifles. I love them when they're first presented but right after that first spoonful, they start looking like sludge.

LMAO!!! The word I was thinking of started with an "s" but you described it with much more class!!

Funny you mentioned the Peppermint Fudge Cookies because I made them yesterday! I don't care for the hard crunch of the candy canes so I sprinkled some with tiny candy cane sprinkles and others with red, green and white non pariels (sp? too lazy to look it up!)

Great idea about the cups! I made a double batch of Pecan Tassies so my mini tart pans were in use. Cleaning them is one of my least favorite things to do!:grumpy:

How do they hold up the next day? I made the peppermint cookies per hte recipe last year, and didn't like that they got really hard the next day! Yuck.Might have to give your method a try. :)

esavvymom said:
How do they hold up the next day? I made the peppermint cookies per hte recipe last year, and didn't like that they got really hard the next day! Yuck.

Might have to give your method a try. :)

They were still pretty chewy, so I say try it!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Redux: Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches?

You will need all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and semisweet chocolate chips.

2. How many cookies does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 24 cookie sandwiches, which is 48 individual cookies.

3. Can I use a different type of extract instead of peppermint?

Yes, you can use any extract you prefer, such as almond, vanilla, or orange. Just adjust the amount to your taste preference.

4. Can I freeze these cookies?

Yes, you can freeze the cookies before assembling them into sandwiches. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw before assembling with the fudge filling.

5. How should I store the leftovers?

The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you have assembled them into sandwiches, they are best stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Lisa/ChefBear