• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! No Meat Tenderizer for Peppermint Cookie Sandwiches

In summary, if you don't have a meat tenderizer for crushing peppermint for peppermint cookie sandwiches, there are a few alternative tools you can use. Some suggestions include using a hammer or rubber mallet, a baker's roller, or a sandwich bag and paper towel with a club. However, it is important to avoid using a food chopper as it can damage the blade depending on the hardness of the candy. Other tools that can be used include the back of a stainless steel pan, a tart shaper, or even a meat lifter. While some have had success using a food chopper for crushing candies, it is not recommended by PC and can potentially ruin the blade.
teachernikol
I don't have a meat tenderizer and I'm doing a show tonight on the peppermint cookie sandwiches. Any suggestions as to what to use to crush the peppermint?

Until I got my MT I always used a hammer or rubber mallet.

I used the PC rolling pin :)

Ditto on the bakers roller.

What ever you do, DO NOT USE THE FOOD CHOPPER! It can seriously damage the blade depending on how hard the candy is.

Good recommendation, Wadesgirl!!

Put the peppermint into a sandwich bag and wrap with a paper towel to catch the little sticky crumbs. Club with Baker's Roller.

wadesgirl said:
What ever you do, DO NOT USE THE FOOD CHOPPER! It can seriously damage the blade depending on how hard the candy is.

Really? Who knew? Well, I guess you did. :p Here I was thinking you could chop candies with it too.

wadesgirl said:

I have a customer who bought her's specifically to make peppermint bark at Christmastime. She's had it for over 3 years and hasn't had any problems.

Couldn't you use the back of the SS pan?

I'd be worried the broken candies would scratch the pan.

put the candy canes in a ziploc, then put a towel in between the ziploc candies and the ss pan and use that.

wadesgirl said:

I can attest to this. I have a Food Chopper that the blade was COMPLETELY ruined by peppermint candies. The blade is zigzag now. I kept it and just ordered another one. This way I have my "old" chopper to use for candies.

At shows I make sure I have my candy pre-crushed and just talk about using the Meat Tenderizer (no one needs to know I don't actually have it).

Love the cookware idea - that is what Rachael Ray does with her stuff alot - another great selling point on our cookware!!! (hmmm, look you can use this to break up the candy, pound out your chicken cutlets, or just hit over your DH head when he annoys you......oh our PC products have many uses!!!) LOL - and if that doesn't work - let me introduce you to our meat lifters..........

The tart shaper works well as a "hammer"

OOPs! I just made the brownie lollipops for a show Fri. night and I used the food chopper to chop my candy canes. I was surprised how quick and easy it was. I told all 20 ladies there how great it worked to use my food chopper!! I wonder if home office has a recommendation? When I close the show, I think I'll mention this to my host and she can pass it along to the guests who didn't order (ie...I don't have their contact info).
Maybe the brand I used was softer...Bob's candy canes was the one I used.
Deb

I have always been told that the Food Chopper works really well on candy!! :(

I just recently took the product training courses, and it says right in the course that PC does not recommend it for chopping hard candies.

1. Can I substitute the meat tenderizer with something else?

Yes, you can use a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan to gently pound the cookies to achieve the same result as a meat tenderizer.

2. How long should I tenderize the cookies for?

You only need to lightly tenderize the cookies for about 30 seconds on each side. Be careful not to over-tenderize, as it can cause the cookies to become too thin and break apart.

3. Do I need to use a specific type of meat tenderizer?

No, any type of meat tenderizer will work for this recipe. You can use a traditional meat mallet or a handheld tenderizer tool.

4. Can I use a food processor to tenderize the cookies?

No, using a food processor may over-process the cookies and make them too fine. It's best to use a meat tenderizer or another kitchen tool that allows for more control.

5. Do I need to tenderize both sides of the cookie?

Yes, for the best results, it's recommended to tenderize both sides of the cookie. This will help to evenly distribute the peppermint flavor and create a more tender texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • tlag1986
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412