1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Tea Party Sandwich Ideas!!

1. PCCHeather0506

PCCHeather0506 Member Silver Member

I'm doing a Tea Party Themed Show Sunday....I was thinking I'd do the friendship tea definitely!!! Then also doing little tea sandwiches and as a demo doing the Little cups of heaven! What would be good ideas for sandwiches? Should I do ham/turkey type sandwiches? Or should I do like egg salad? Any other ideas??

2. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I subscribe to Tea Time & Southern Lady I'll look in a little while thru some recent issues

I think of cucumber sandwiches or homemade pimento cheese or chicken salad

Apr 2, 2009
  3. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

last year for a bridal shower I cut the bread (I think it was sun dried tomato from Panera) in diamond shapes, spread with whipped cream cheese added a slice of shaved ham and topped with a half spear (sliced lengthwise) of blanched asparagus

you could also check out some local tea room menus

Apr 2, 2009
  4. peachey

peachey Member Gold Member

A friend of mine use to do cream cheese and thinly sliced cucumber. I think the cream cheese might have been flavored, but I am not sure. They were very dainty and tasted good. And, I don't really care for cucumber!

Apr 2, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Flavor the cream cheese w/ a little of the PC dill mix, and add a tbls. or so of mayo or sour cream to the cream cheese also (unless you use the cream cheese spread in the tub).
    Oh - and serve them on french bread baked in one of the old PC bread tubes. Very cute!

Apr 2, 2009
  6. peachey

peachey Member Gold Member

Thanks for filling in the rest of the info, Becky. That sounds right. They were always light, almost fluffy, but I don't think she used whipped cream cheese. She probably added mayo. I have several seasonings, but not the dill. I might have to get some just to recreate these sandwiches. They were yummy.

Apr 2, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

You're welcome. I was just going from memory - but then I decided to look it up, and here is the actual recipe. It's an oldie but goodie from PC. I always just subbed the dill mix for the dill weed. I didn't think it called for this much sour cream - but it's been a while since I made them.

Cucumber Party Canapes

Ingredients:
    1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1 teaspoon lemon zest

1 cucumber
    1 loaf Canape French Bread, sliced
    1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Directions:

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed and lemon zest; mix well. Cut cucumber crosswise into 3 equal sections. Peel, seed and coarsely chop one cucumber section. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
    2. Thinly slice remaining cucumber sections using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut each slice in half. Slice canape bread into eighteen 1/2-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
    3. To assemble canapes, place 1 scoop cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice using Small Scoop, spreading evenly. Top each canape with 1 cucumber slice and 1 tomato half. Serve immediately.

Yield: 18 canapes

Nutrients per serving: (1 canape): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Apr 2, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I think a good chicken salad on the canape bread would be good too, I have an awesome chicken salad recipe that has apples and grapes and pecans in it, if you'd like it.

Apr 2, 2009
Have something to add?