• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recycling Brown Paper Packaging: What You Need to Know

In summary, the brown paper that they put in our deliveries is recyclable. I recycle it with my newspapers. I always recycle it.
Does anyone know if the brown paper that they put in our deliveries is recyclable?

I put it out with my newspapers which are usually in a brown bag or a PC box.

I also recycle it with my newspapers.

I always recycle it

We don't recycle here but I save when I can and DH uses it to start our charcoal grill.

Yes it is! It was part of the going green initiative PC started a few years back. The shipping tape that is used is also better for the environment than the old stuff and the boxes use natural colorants so as to not have as big an imprint too.

The brown paper is also great for rodents; they love to shred and burrow in it

I don't want to know how you acquired that bit of knowlege. :yuck:

I was kinda thinking EWWW! But then I remember having mice at school and if we got cheap, we had to use brown paper bags for bedding. Now I remember why I throw that stuff in the recycle bin out back of the house and not in the house!

wadesgirl said:
We don't recycle here but I save when I can and DH uses it to start our charcoal grill.

monique64 said:
The brown paper is also great for rodents; they love to shred and burrow in it

Wadesgirl, this made me think of your Stupid Smart Mouse thread from a few months back.

I'm SOOOO tempted to post my photo of my Crispy Critter but everybody got mad at me last time I did. :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wadesgirl, this made me think of your Stupid Smart Mouse thread from a few months back.

I'm SOOOO tempted to post my photo of my Crispy Critter but everybody got mad at me last time I did. :D

Yes! We had one more mouse after that - but that one was a little "slow" and the cats caught up with him before we even knew there was another mouse!

I use it for wrapping paper. Yes, I'm cheap (I prefer frugal). My family always knows which presents are from our house, they are wrapped in comics! So, the brown paper is a change of pace. :rolleyes:

if the paper is not too wrinkled I save it and the grandkids draw on it. great for drawning out farms and towns and sometimes the hallway of my house is off limits (20 ft) because they are landscaping with the paper and Legos

Cathy pclady said:
if the paper is not too wrinkled I save it and the grandkids draw on it. great for drawning out farms and towns and sometimes the hallway of my house is off limits (20 ft) because they are landscaping with the paper and Legos

Wow, that's a great idea!!!!

chefjeanine said:
I use it for wrapping paper. Yes, I'm cheap (I prefer frugal). My family always knows which presents are from our house, they are wrapped in comics! So, the brown paper is a change of pace. :rolleyes:

HA!!!! This reminds me of growing up! My mom was famous for giftwrapping in brown bags (even on Christmas!). With 13 kids, buying gift wrap was not an option! Every birthday party we kids ever went to, we had brown bag wrapped presents (she sure could have used current method of gift giving-cash!). She too was incredibly frugal, still is.

My mother gifted items in the store bag. My sons use newspaper, comics preferred, with lots of tape when the gift is to a brother. I wrap everything in wrapping paper but I am all about getting it on sale.

:sing:"...Brown paper packages tied up with string...":sing:

Sorry. Couldn't help it...since first reading this thread that song has been going through my mind. :sing::sing::sing:

1. What types of brown paper packaging can be recycled?

Most types of brown paper packaging can be recycled, including cardboard boxes, paper bags, and packing paper. However, it's important to check with your local recycling program to see what specific types they accept.

2. Do I need to remove any labels or tape before recycling?

It's best to remove any tape or labels from the brown paper packaging before recycling. This helps ensure that the paper can be properly processed and recycled.

3. Can I recycle brown paper packaging with food residue on it?

No, it's important to only recycle clean brown paper packaging. Food residue can contaminate the recycling process and may cause the paper to be rejected for recycling.

4. Are there any alternatives to recycling brown paper packaging?

Yes, there are several alternatives to recycling brown paper packaging. You can reuse it for packing material or as wrapping paper, or you can compost it if it is made from natural materials.

5. What are the environmental benefits of recycling brown paper packaging?

Recycling brown paper packaging helps to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills and conserves natural resources. It also saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions compared to producing new packaging materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
colegrovet