• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?

In summary, the website www.earthshare.org provides tips on how to help save the environment. The Kitchen Spritzer is a product that is environmentally friendly because it does not contain propellants and is not filled with waste PAM cans. The outdoor party plates and utensils are also environmentally friendly because they are reusable. The Earth day is coming up, and the author recommends throwing out some tips at upcoming shows. The author also tries to be environmentally friendly by recycling everything, using less packaging, and buying things with less packaging.
speedychef
I just found a new website www.earthshare.org that gives all sorts of tips on how to help save the environment!

I thought I'd see what you guys do to help the environment?

I try to sell customers on the Kitchen Spritzer because A, you're not putting whatever propellants into the air and B, you're not filling the landfills with PAM cans. I also point out the bamboo products because they're a renewable resource. I also like the outdoor party plates and utensils because they are reusable! I don't ever have paper plates in my house anymore!

Besides PC, I try to reduce the amount of paper I use, and recycle EVERYTHING (I even recycle TP tubes, I know I'm a little crazy for that) I try to buy things with less packaging, and not disposable products. I also have replaced most of my lights with the new compact flourescent bulbs. When the rest of them burn out, they'll get them, too!

Earth day is coming up, make a point to throw out a few tips at your upcoming shows. You know PC is environmentally friendly because it will last you FOREVER!

I recycle TP tubes too Kim, they ARE cardboard!!! :D

I guess I am sort of a tree hugger!!! LOL!! I order all my household, laundry and bath items from an environmentally safe wellness company. LOVE THE PRODUCTS. Most are concentrated so we are not wasting as much plastic bottles and such! I live in Alabama, and to be honest, not alot of people here are that green friendly!! I told my son, next year when we homeschool, we are going to work more on recycling and get him involved with that!
Kim, that is a great website by the way!!

I like to think I am, but I don't think so. I try to be, but we do use paper plates (if I can I try not to do dishes everyday--doesn't that help the environment, less water waste). I'm the only one in my house (of 6) that makes an effort to recycle anything and sometimes I am not very dilligent.

Note to self: try to save the planet!

They have some great tips on that site to help you out. You can search by season or by topic. I find it really cool. Some of the stuff I do, some is new. We can't all do it ALL, but every little bit helps!

I tried to talk to my DH a few weeks ago about doing some more Earth friendly things and he scoffed. Some times I just want to take that 8 inch Saute Pan and .....

DebbieJ said:
I tried to talk to my DH a few weeks ago about doing some more Earth friendly things and he scoffed. Some times I just want to take that 8 inch Saute Pan and .....

;) ;) ;) Too funny Deb!

I called the waste mgmt company and had them send me recycling bins. That seems to be really helping. You can put everything in there! You don't even have to seperate it all. So, I can say that I am conscious of it and making an effort.:)

thats' like me Kristi! Except here you have to seperate it and I have issues with my hubby doing so. I'm trying though!

Won't call myself a tree hugger but....I'm from BC and anybody who has met the treehuggers around here wouldn't call me a tree hugger but we do recycle cardboard, cans, plastic etc. We don't use chemicals that are harmful to the enviroment and I recycle wrappings etc. I'm big on saving energy and use a monitered thermostat, wash in cold whenever possible, enviro friendly light bulbs;)

I'm also thinking of composting this year as well.

I don't call myself a tree hugger either but am doing what I can whenever possible to help the environment!!

We recycle too. The trash company charges you to pick-up recycles in my area so we just have a seperate can in the kitchen for our recycles and when it gets full DH and DS take it to the garage and sort it into our bins. Once a month or so they make a trip to the recylce center and drop it off. I am amazed at how little trash we have each week since we've been doing this. Most of my neighbors trash cans are overflowing or they have several trash cans EVERY WEEK....how can you have THAT much trash ALL THE TIME? I think there are only a couple of us in my neighborhood who do recycle.

pamperedlinda said:
We recycle too. The trash company charges you to pick-up recycles in my area so we just have a seperate can in the kitchen for our recycles and when it gets full DH and DS take it to the garage and sort it into our bins. Once a month or so they make a trip to the recylce center and drop it off. I am amazed at how little trash we have each week since we've been doing this. Most of my neighbors trash cans are overflowing or they have several trash cans EVERY WEEK....how can you have THAT much trash ALL THE TIME? I think there are only a couple of us in my neighborhood who do recycle.

We do have so much trash ALL the time! I have no idea why or how, but I know our neighbors must think that about us!

Another post I completely agree with Kristi! Holy cow, I don't know how we have sooooo much darn trash but we do!!!!!!!:eek: :rolleyes: I have 2 neighbors, one right beside me and one that is right across the street, who are single ladies, and they let me throw my excess in there when we have just too darn much!!! I need to get a trash compactor, then it wouldn't be so much!!!:eek: :eek:

We recycle quite a bit - Bottles, cans, glass, cardboard. They pick up every other week and our bin is usually stuffed. I think if you have kids (we just have 4-legged kids) you should be recycling because you need to think of their future.

We have a recycle bin that gets picked up along with our trash every week and it's almost always full (mostly thanks to PC :) ). We recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, etc.

We have a High E front loading washing machine and wash most everything on cold. We're slowly changing all our light bulbs to compact flourescents.

I've thought about composting, but just haven't gotten started yet.

It is Mandatory in NYC & has been for at least 12 years. They pick up recycle once a week, Green can ie...paper,carboard etc...Blue can ie..bottles,plastic,aluminum etc...Regular twice a week. If Sanitation wants, they can go through out garbage & give us tickets! Dont EVEN get me started on helping the earth. Right now I'm heart broken, 1 of my neighbors cut down a handful of trees & lilac trees to put up a fence.....:mad:

If anybody hasn't been convinced on compact flourescents this should do ya: my front door light goes out in about 3 months with a normal lightbulb, but with a compact it last at least 3x that if not more (I actually haven't had it go out yet, so yay!)!

I'm all about recycling as well! I fill my bin every other week and it's the same size as my garbage... I actually have about the same of recycling and garbage, so I think I'm going pretty good :)

my big downfall is paper plates, as I don't have a dishwasher and HATE doing dishes! But since it is just me using them, it's not too bad :eek:

We have 3 sizes of garbage bins here, and we use the smallest. The recycling bin is also the same size. I can FILL that recycle bin over the top every week, but the garbage? One bag every week. I recycle EVERYTHING and I cringe when I see people throw cans in the garbage (depending on who I'm with and where I'm at, I've been known to take them out...)

:D I laughed when I saw this title this was not what I was thinking when it said "tree hugger" !!!! ha!

If ya'll want to know the true meaning of a "tree hugger" come to Oregon.... you will be quite suprised. My DH and I recycle cans..... have to you by soda in Oregon and you pay a nickle deposit on them, so the idea is to get the money back. But other than that we don't too a whole bunch of recycling.... we conserve energy by doing different things.....

I'm not a hippy dippy granola crunchy type of tree hugger, but I love to recycle, and I get on people's case when they don't! I get together with some neighbors and we hang out and drink beers on Friday nights at various homes. We all have recycling available to us, and one family didn't recycle. They do now! I MADE them! And now that they see that it's not too hard, they do it all the time! (or so they tell me...) I hate to see waste. I'm a bit of a garbage picker, too, to be honest. If I see something that I think could be useful, I'll pick it up! It really grinds my gears when I see people throwing out bicycles. There are so many people that would love those bikes and it would be nothing to fix 'em up!

I love earthshare, though! They give all kinds of great tips! Some I already knew, some are new, and some are just good reminders!

1. What is the "Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?" campaign all about?

The "Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?" campaign is a movement started by Pampered Chef to promote sustainability and conscious consumption. It encourages people to reduce waste, support eco-friendly practices, and make a positive impact on the environment.

2. How can I participate in the campaign?

There are many ways to participate in the "Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?" campaign. You can start by making small changes in your daily habits, such as using reusable bags and containers, reducing water and energy usage, and supporting local and sustainable products. You can also join our online community and share your own tips and ideas with others.

3. What products does Pampered Chef offer that align with the campaign?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products that are eco-friendly and sustainable. Some examples include our reusable silicone food storage bags, bamboo kitchen utensils, and non-toxic cleaning products. We also have a "Green" category on our website where you can find all of our environmentally-friendly products.

4. Can I still be a part of the campaign if I'm not a Pampered Chef customer?

Absolutely! The "Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?" campaign is open to everyone who wants to make a positive impact on the environment. You don't have to be a Pampered Chef customer to participate. We welcome anyone who shares our passion for sustainability and conscious consumption.

5. How can I stay updated on the campaign and its progress?

You can stay updated on the "Any Other Tree Huggers Out There?" campaign by following us on social media and signing up for our newsletter. We regularly share updates and tips on our sustainability efforts and highlight the progress we're making towards our goals. You can also join our online community and engage with others who are passionate about the campaign.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott
Replies