• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg!!! Changed Shipping Vendor!!? No More Man in Brown?

you guessed it...even more excited for the FedEx man.The new company is going to be called FedUp.yeah we found out earlier today..but a messed up link...Mixed emotions. Love out UPS guy...but I am sure I will still see him....LOLJust as well - my new UPS guy is a cranky ole fart.Just got the email 2 minutes ago!!!!!!!I can't believe it!!!!!!!! :eek: I love UPS! :( :( I always looked forward to the 'man in brown' coming to my front door!! Yikes, I wonder what they did or didn't do for them to change vendors! You know
hmolah
Just got the email 2 minutes ago!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! :eek: I love UPS! :( :( I always looked forward to the 'man in brown' coming to my front door!! Yikes, I wonder what they did or didn't do for them to change vendors!

You know UPS' saying...'what can the man in brown do for you?'...well, he delivered great Pampered Chef stuff! Now, what do we say? The man in white? Purple? Orange? What the heck do they wear? :confused:

Oh well....I hate change sometimes! :(

I just got the email too. Rumor had been flying around this place all day. I hate to see it too. I like my men in brown.

Yeah, I guess I didn't see it earlier....I just found one of the threads....

Geesh! This change really frustrates me! :mad:

I haven't gotten the email yet.:rolleyes:

I haven't recieved this email yet either! I live in an extremely small town...I have never even seen in a fed ex truck in this town...EVER! I don't think they deliver here or at least didn't that I know of!! Wierd!

I got my email about a half hour ago. I loved to see the man in brown, we kind of became friends. I guess there has to be change to keep things running smooth. I don't like change either, with somethings.

Actually, FedEx and UPS are going to merge.The new company is going to be called FedUp.

yeah we found out earlier today..but a messed up link...Mixed emotions. Love out UPS guy...but I am sure I will still see him....LOL

Just as well - my new UPS guy is a cranky ole fart.

hmolah said:
Just got the email 2 minutes ago!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! :eek: I love UPS! :( :( I always looked forward to the 'man in brown' coming to my front door!! Yikes, I wonder what they did or didn't do for them to change vendors!

You know UPS' saying...'what can the man in brown do for you?'...well, he delivered great Pampered Chef stuff! Now, what do we say? The man in white? Purple? Orange? What the heck do they wear? :confused:

Oh well....I hate change sometimes! :(

Me too, I really liked my delivery man! We knew eachother when I worked at a retail store and he delivered there 15 years ago!

I for one am so HAPPY they are switching. My UPS man didn't even have the common sense to knock on the door, he would literally throw the packages from the back of his truck to my porch 2 feet away. And Pampered Chef wants to know why we have so many adjustments around here!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Actually, FedEx and UPS are going to merge.

The new company is going to be called FedUp.

:D Only you, KG!:D

Diane

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....oh my...that is HILARIOUS!!!!! :p

Too funny...that will have me laughing for a while.....lol

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Hay....I was going to tell that joke. My husband just told that to me. LOL :p I should of known you would beat me to it.

I am hoping my husband will still let me be a consultant. UPS pays our bills.

I love my UPS lady. She would drop my packages at work if I was there, so if I needed something for that area I could deliver it early. That being said, I did receive a lot of smashed boxes...and boxes that looked like they had been dragged behind the truck instead of riding in the truck. My boss sells Home and Garden Party and her stuff always comes FedEx. Her boxes are always in great shape. I hate to see my UPS lady go, but I am hoping this will be a positive change.

I never got the email, can someone post it?

We would like to share with you that after careful consideration, we've decided to change our shipping vendor to provide you and your customers with the best service, price and convenience. Effective Jan. 15, 2007, FedEx will be shipping Pampered Chef® orders.

As you know, we've had a long relationship with UPS. This decision is the culmination of many months of discussion. We wish UPS continued success.

Here are the key benefits you and your customers will enjoy because of this change:

Convenient delivery: FedEx Home Delivery® delivers Tuesday through Saturday, and delivery times extend to 8 p.m. — even on Saturdays.

Easy tracking: Tracking orders through FedEx is extremely simple. Plus, you can choose to automatically receive shipping status notification e-mails, which will keep you informed and save you time.

Convenient FedEx returns program: Now you can choose to return items by either having them picked up at your location, or by dropping them off at a FedEx Kinko's location — whichever is more convenient.

FedEx Kinko's Mobile Professional Program: Because of our relationship with FedEx, you’ll enjoy discounts on color copies, printing, personal shipping and other services at any FedEx Kinko's location.
Over the next few weeks, we'll continue to work closely with FedEx to ensure a seamless transition for you and your customers. How you access tracking information will not change. As you do today, log on to Consultant's Corner and click on Managing Your Business > My Shows > Serving Your Customers > Shipment Status. From there, you'll be taken to the FedEx tracking system.

Click here for more information on FedEx
services and how to track orders
Thank you in advance for your support as we all make this change.

The Pampered Chef®

hhmmmmmI wonder if they will change in Canada as well???

I read that Canada stayed the same because UPS was cheaper in Canada...

krzymomof4 said:
I am hoping my husband will still let me be a consultant. UPS pays our bills.
It's not your fault! And he needs to understand that if Fed-ex is cheaper and if a lot of the packages come damaged from UPS (and mine do often!), than naturally a big money making company, like PC will go with what is best for their people and customers.
I hope he is understanding!;)
I am excited for the change even though I'll miss my UPS man, I really liked him and he was one of the good, hardworking guys, he use to put my boxes on my back porch (which is no easy task! my yard really is quite a steep way up to my backyard!) or by my garage, where they were less likely to be messed with. But I'm sure I'll still see him! Who knows we might end up even closer to the FedEx guys/gals!

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
I read that Canada stayed the same because UPS was cheaper in Canada...

I hope so, the UPS man will deliver to work if I'm not home I just love him.

Delivery ChangesDoes anyone know if the delivery will be as prompt as it was with UPS. I live in Metro Detroit, and typically, the products were sent to the host in under a week - typcially in 3 days.

When I order from Arbonne, it takes over a week to get my products.

I dont even think we have a FedEx guy/girl/mammal (cant be too sure these days). I know we have DHL and UPS and of course we have Mr. Klepto himself...my mailman.

If I were a betting man, and I'm not, I would bet this has more to do with retail outlet availability (FedEx Kinkos) than anything else, except, I also suspect that FedEx gave TPC a bigger discount than UPS was willing to do.But what do I know?

I'll miss seeing him bring all my free stuff. He's kind of cute, too.

However, when we have bad weather in Western PA, they're the only carrier who will walk up our driveway to deliver our stuff since our driveway is a nightmare in the winter. FEDEX doesn't do it. They just drop stuff and we find it a couple days later in the snow, ice, etc. : (

I've had both FedEx and UPS leave stuff on my front porch, which I never use, and things have languished there for days.Usually a well placed phone call to your local distribution center will take care of that.

I'm glad - UPS has damaged alot of my boxes. Hopefully fedex will be more careful.

FedEx's transit times for Ground are actually better than UPS's. :) At least from the midwest, which is where the depot is!

ltkacz said:
Does anyone know if the delivery will be as prompt as it was with UPS. I live in Metro Detroit, and typically, the products were sent to the host in under a week - typcially in 3 days.

When I order from Arbonne, it takes over a week to get my products.

Where in Detroit are you? I'm in Southfield.

locationAnn - I live in Westland. Maureen Kimmell is my director

I glad they gave UPS the boot. Over the last few months UPS has really screwed things up for me. Still have missing deliveries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • nikkijo
  • General Chat
Replies