• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aLesson on Always Being Prepared

In summary, the conversation is about renewing driver's licenses and the unexpected requirement for a new photo due to changes in Illinois' licensing system. The speakers share stories about their own experiences and offer advice for dealing with bad license photos.
Humble Beginnings
Ok, I've learned my lesson. I went today to have my driver's license renewed. I was pretty proud that I went today and not in 4 days when it does expire. Either way it went pretty smooth, the wait wasn't as bad and to top it off I've had a string of bad luck with tickets, accidents in the last 5 years so I was really worried I would have to take the written test. Well, good news is that I didn't have to take the test so I thought Whew! So I do everything and all of a sudden....... they call my name and the man tells me to have a seat..... IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA:cry: I'm like you have a picture on file, why am I doing this? Well Illinois changed their license and it was mandatory. Are you kidding me? Needless to say I had gone with NO makeup and hair pinned up pretty hot today OMGosh! Not a Kodak moment for people that know me. Well I had no choice and now have to have this thing for the next 5 years!!:cry: Not a good day! Lesson learned always leave home prepared you never know what to expect.

Ah, thanks for reminding me - mine expires this month...however, WI is 8 years I believe.

I thought you were going to say that you got a show at the DMV and you didn't have any catalogs to give out! Yikes, I would be upset too.

I loose my ugly photo ones & go pay the $5 for a replacement & ask for a new pic :)

kaseydee said:
I loose my ugly photo ones & go pay the $5 for a replacement & ask for a new pic :)

That's exactly what I'd do, too! :D

Oops! I just renewed mine online. It expired on my last birthday-8/4/07!!

pamperedlinda said:
I thought you were going to say that you got a show at the DMV and you didn't have any catalogs to give out! Yikes, I would be upset too.

I thought the same thing.

MIne expired when we lived overseas...I never really thought about it until I had a trianing in So. California. I showed up to rent my car and they wouldn't rent to me! LOL!! There was another place that did since I had a Military ID Card and my overseas driving license (makes no sense to me either!). Needless to say I went to the DMV FULLY expecting to test and everything. Nope...just a new picture and my $10. I was preggers with my youngest at the time so everytime I look at my pic I think of her. Oh and it is a California license with a Virginia address.....the last one before I renewed said San Francisco APO, Ca.

Wow, we renewed in Indiana every 4 years, I think they changed it to 6 recently. They have always retaken your picture so I never would have thought I didn't have to get my picture taken.

I think the idea of "losing" it is a really good one:)!

pamperedlinda said:

I guess this would have toped it :) Either way I am considering the "losing" it and paying the 5.00 for retake. I just can't see carrying around this thing and showing it, people will look at it and say "what was she thinking" I've been driving for the last 22 years and been able to deal with the other ones but this one "not so much"

SummerG said:
Oops! I just renewed mine online. It expired on my last birthday-8/4/07!!

Glad my "day of shame" helped at least some good came out of it.:D

I have yet to find anyone that's happy with their DL photo!

Actually, mine's not too bad. It's not one I'd want enlarged to poster size and publicly displayed, but it's not bad.

1. How can I become better at always being prepared in the kitchen?

The first step to being prepared in the kitchen is to have a well-stocked pantry and kitchen tools. Make sure to have essential ingredients like oils, spices, and flour on hand, as well as cooking utensils, pots and pans, and baking sheets. This will make it easier to cook on the fly and improvise when needed.

2. What are some tips for meal planning and prep to always be prepared?

Meal planning and prep can save you time and stress in the kitchen. Set aside some time each week to plan out your meals and make a grocery list. Prepping ingredients, such as chopping vegetables or marinating meat, can also save time during meal preparation. You can also make meals in advance and freeze them for busy nights.

3. How can I organize my kitchen to always be prepared?

Having an organized kitchen can make a big difference in always being prepared. Group similar items together in your pantry and cabinets, and label containers to easily find what you need. Keep frequently used items within reach and less used items in storage. Utilizing drawer dividers and storage containers can also help with organization.

4. What are some must-have kitchen gadgets for always being prepared?

There are many helpful kitchen gadgets that can make meal preparation and cooking easier. Some must-haves include a good set of knives, a food processor or blender, a slow cooker, and a good set of measuring cups and spoons. These tools can help you save time and create a variety of dishes.

5. How can I stay motivated to always be prepared in the kitchen?

Staying motivated to always be prepared in the kitchen can be challenging. One way to stay motivated is to set achievable goals, such as trying a new recipe each week or meal prepping for a certain number of days. You can also involve your family or friends in the process and make it a fun and social activity. Remember to also give yourself grace and don't get discouraged if things don't go as planned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Jilleysue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies