• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker

In summary, the conversation is about deciding between a DCB and a rectangular baker. The DCB has a lid and is more versatile, but also twice as expensive. The size of the family and desired uses should be considered. Some people prefer the DCB for its versatility and ease of use in the microwave, while others use the rectangular baker more for casseroles. The larger size of the DCB also allows for roasting a 9-10 lb chicken. It is well worth the price, especially when discounted. The rectangular baker is currently half off and may be a good option if the microwave uses are not a priority.
Lifeat50
My hostess from last night is trying to decide between the two. We have talked about the DCB have a lid and it is prettier.

Can the rectangular baker go in the microwave? Which is more versatile? The DCB is twice as much.

What do I tell her? HELP!!!:confused:

Rectangle is WAYYY too big for the Microwave! DCB is much more versatile for me but it also depends on the size of her family and waht she wants to make.

etteluap70PC said:
Rectangle is WAYYY too big for the Microwave! DCB is much more versatile for me but it also depends on the size of her family and waht she wants to make.

Agreed. I use my baker more b/c I usually cook with it in the micro. The Rectangle I only use for baking or casseroles. Of course there are other things you could do in it as well.

There are recipe files on here by product, look up the one for the rectangle baker and then you can give her more ideas of what she can make in each one.

Yes, the DCB is twice as much...but I easily use mine three times more than the rectangle baker.I haven't made brownies in the DCB...which is about the only thing that I can think that you couldn't do in the DCB since you don't have to use the lid if you don't need it. Well, I guess a sheet cake, too...

I use the DCB weekly when home or traveling. I have not used the rectangle baker in months. There are only two of us, and we have had two couples over for the Mexican Lasagna, with some to spare with the DCB. I have roasted a 9 to 10 lb. roaster chicken
in the DCB, and that would serve at least 8 people with leftovers for a pot of soup. I agree that the size of her family would be the determining factor.

I go back in time to when we had the dome lid for the rectangle baker (2004 and 2005). I may have used it all total ten times. So that tells you something. The DCB is well worth the price, and even better when discounted. It was a winner with our son's family as a Christmas gift. They use it for dinner for 6 to 7 people, several times a week.

Can someone advise on the chicken in the microware if its more than the recipe I have that calls for 3 1/2 - 4lb? Can the larger ones still be done in the microwave and if so how much longer?

Thanks!

I use my rectangle baker for casseroles more than the DCB - it's too big to store in the kitchen so it stays in the garage with my extra PC stuff for shows.I'd ask her if she would use it for the microwave uses. If not, the rectangle would suit her needs. She'll get it half off so it's not too bad....

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to help you and your hostess make the best decision for her needs. Both the Rectangular Baker and the Deep Covered Baker have their own unique benefits. The DCB does have a lid and is definitely prettier, but the Rectangular Baker is also a great option for microwave use. In terms of versatility, I would say that it really depends on the types of dishes your hostess will be making. The DCB is great for casseroles, roasts, and other dishes that require a lid for cooking, while the Rectangular Baker can be used for a wider range of dishes such as lasagna, brownies, and even for reheating leftovers in the microwave. In terms of price, the DCB may be twice as much, but it also comes with a lid and has a larger capacity, so it may be worth the investment depending on your hostess's cooking needs. Ultimately, it's important to consider what types of dishes your hostess will primarily be making and what features are most important to her. I would recommend discussing these factors with her and helping her weigh the pros and cons of each option to make the best decision. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

What is the difference between the Rectangular Baker and the Deep Covered Baker?

The Rectangular Baker and the Deep Covered Baker are both versatile cooking tools that are great for baking, roasting, and even serving dishes. The main difference between the two is that the Deep Covered Baker has a lid that can be used to cover the dish while cooking, while the Rectangular Baker does not have a lid.

Can the Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker be used in the microwave?

Yes, both the Rectangular Baker and Deep Covered Baker are safe to use in the microwave. Just make sure to remove any metal or plastic accessories before microwaving.

What is the maximum temperature that the Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker can withstand?

The Rectangular Baker and Deep Covered Baker are both oven-safe up to 450°F. They can also be used in the freezer and refrigerator, making them great for storing leftovers.

Can the Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker be cleaned in the dishwasher?

Yes, both the Rectangular Baker and Deep Covered Baker are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them to prolong their lifespan.

Can the Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker be used on the stovetop?

No, neither the Rectangular Baker nor the Deep Covered Baker are suitable for use on the stovetop. They are designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Hannaberry
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • clshirk
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies