• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangle Stone: Help Needed to Make it Sit Flat

In summary, the Rectangle Stone is made of natural stoneware, which is a durable and non-porous clay that has been fired at high temperatures. If the stone is not sitting flat, it could be due to uneven heating, a warped or damaged stone, or an uneven surface in the oven. To clean the stone, rinse it with hot water and use a nylon scraper or brush. Avoid using soap or dishwashing detergent. The Rectangle Stone is not meant to be used on the stovetop, as it can cause damage. To prevent cracking, avoid sudden temperature changes and do not place frozen foods directly onto the stone. Allow the stone to cool before cleaning or adding more food.
kalm
Does anyone have the problem of the rectangle stone not sitting flat on the rack? I have a customer and hers is a good inch off the bottom, thought it was the wrong size rack so she ordered another and it also doesn't sit flat. I finally ordered one and mine doesn't sit flat either, however, it is only off maybe 1/4 inch or so...HELP!!! The lady is really frustrated and I don't want to turn her off the PC!!!! :eek:

Just wanted to let you know that the rack is made to fit the rect. stone & classic round stone. So in order to fit both the rect. stone will sit up off the rack just a little. I have had mine for 8-9 years and it works great. I never have a problem with it slipping just be sure to center the stone on the rack. Hope this helps

It says in the Product Features section that:

"NOTE: Stones may not rest on the base of the Racks; Stones may rest about 1/2” above base. Racks are designed to create a pressure fit with the Stones to minimize sliding when carrying the Stone. "

So what your customer is experiencing is normal.

What is the Rectangle Stone made of?

The Rectangle Stone is made of natural stoneware, which is a type of clay that has been fired at high temperatures to create a durable and non-porous surface.

Why is my Rectangle Stone not sitting flat?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be due to uneven heating in the oven, a warped or damaged stone, or an uneven surface in your oven. Make sure to preheat your stone in the oven and use a flat surface to place it on.

How do I clean my Rectangle Stone?

To clean your Rectangle Stone, simply rinse it with hot water and use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any stuck-on food. Do not use soap or dishwashing detergent, as it can seep into the stone and affect the taste of your food.

Can I use my Rectangle Stone on the stovetop?

No, the Rectangle Stone is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It is meant for use in the oven only. Using it on the stovetop can damage the stone and may cause it to crack or break.

How do I prevent my Rectangle Stone from cracking?

To prevent your Rectangle Stone from cracking, make sure to avoid sudden temperature changes. Do not place a cold stone into a hot oven or vice versa. Also, avoid placing frozen foods directly onto the stone. Allow the stone to cool before cleaning or adding more food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sandibeach
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Swirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • scottcooks