• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangle Baker Size Change: What You Need to Know | PC Stoneware Update

In summary, there seems to be a difference in size between the glazed and classic rectangle bakers, with the glazed one being bigger. This has caused confusion with the lids and covers fitting properly. The stoneware is a natural substance, so there may be variations in size. The plastic cover was discontinued, possibly because it only fits the glazed baker. Some have noticed that the classic baker also has smaller handles compared to the older version.
jenniferlynne
Ok, I signed up with PC almost 2 years ago. In one of the SS packages that I earned, I got the classic rectangle baker. Well, 6 months ago or so I had a hostess purchase one of the glazed ones as well as the stoneware lid/bowl to go with it. She swore up and down that it did not fit her stone and I thought she was just crazy. Well, she was at a show that I did yesterday and she brought me her rectangle baker because it had broke. It just so happened that I was using mine for a recipe. When she saw mine, she said that mine was bigger and the lip on the edge was also bigger. I pulled her's out of the bag and sure enough, it was!! My hostess also had a classic in her cabinet that she had purchased recently. When she pulled hers out, it was also smaller than mine. What's the deal? I don't remember them ever saying they were changing the size!! Or maybe I missed it because I was fairly new and still trying to take it all in. Anyone know?

The glazed is bigger than the classic.

That is so strange!! I haven't ever come across that, BUT I had a customer recently purchase the small bar pan (2 weeks ago) and I happened to open it to make sure it wasn't broken before I delivered it. Well, it was different than the one I got a year ago for myself! The lip around the edge of the bar pan was a lot wider than mine and made the inside surface area look smaller. (I'm not quite sure if it actually WAS smaller...but it sure looked smaller!)

klsnyder said:

But in the catalog, BOTH are 13 x 9 with a 14 cup capacity!!

I have the cranberry glazed rectangular baker and I used to have the classic as well, but the classic broke and I never replaced it, so I can't double check...

klsnyder said:

The Classic one that I have is bigger than the glazed one that she broke. Mine is about 1 1/2 years older than hers.

jenniferlynne said:
The Classic one that I have is bigger than the glazed one that she broke. Mine is about 1 1/2 years older than hers.
Weird..that is opposite of what I have seen...maybe that is why the discontinued the tops!!

Stoneware is a natural substance, so there will be variations.

klsnyder said:
Weird..that is opposite of what I have seen...maybe that is why the discontinued the tops!!

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. There is quite a big difference between the two. The lip on mine is almost twice the size as on hers. Now I know why she couldn't get the lid to set on it.

I guess with the variations on the sizes of the lips is why the cover was a problem. I have the glazed and my cover fits great!

pamperedharriet said:
I guess with the variations on the sizes of the lips is why the cover was a problem. I have the glazed and my cover fits great!

Is yours the plastic cover? Her's was the stoneware bowl/lid.
However, hearing you say that makes tons of sense now! I bought the plastic cover and had a heck of a time with it!!!! It barely fits. Now I know why. The handle on mine is bigger. I can barely stretch it over the ends and it almost always pops back off anyway. I told everyone they were junk when they first came out!! I had no idea it was because my stone was different :eek:

Ditto all the above - also my classic baker came with the deeper baker as a lid like the deep dish and bowl used to be. I think that's why it fits differently and was smaller. My plastic/rubber/whatever it is made of lid seems to fit better on my cranberry rect. baker instead of my old classic one.

Mine is the plastic and am sorry that we don't sell them anymore. I too was wondering why so many didn't like them and some of us loved them. I guess now we know.

They probably should have specified that it (the plastic) fits the glazed not the classic.

I guess they have since changed the Classic too. My hostess yesterday had a fairly new Classic one and the handles were much smaller than mine. Well guess what!! The stones are on sale this month! I'm getting me a new glazed one!! :D

pamperedharriet said:
They probably should have specified that it (the plastic) fits the glazed not the classic.

Mine fits my classic one well. :confused:

Is it the same way with the deep dish baker? I have the plastic lid for mine, and it won't go over the handles. I've never been able to use it.

I think just in the last couple of years they must have changed them and they didn't think it was a big enough deal to tell us. It's really not a huge difference when you set them side by side. Apparently just enough to be annoying when it comes to the plastic lids and the stoneware bowl/lid.

raebates said:
Mine fits my classic one well. :confused:

So much for my theory:eek:

chefbritt said:
Is it the same way with the deep dish baker? I have the plastic lid for mine, and it won't go over the handles. I've never been able to use it.

I had a very, very old deep dish baker (back before they even offered the glazed ones), and my lid was way too big for it!! It didn't have any handles at all on it. I ended up selling the lid :rolleyes:

chefbritt said:

Probably, Brittany. I guess I was just lucky to get one that fit right for a change.

I think that they have more than one company that makes the stones is another reason that they vary in sizes, it seems like I remember getting an email about that being one of the reasons people were having problems with their covers and why they had the accordian thing on them.

chefbritt said:
The DDB cover isn't supposed to go over the handles, it's supposed to go between the handles. It's a little weird that way.

What are the dimensions of the Rectangle Baker?

The Rectangle Baker has dimensions of approximately 9" x 13" x 2.5".

Is the Rectangle Baker oven-safe?

Yes, the Rectangle Baker is oven-safe up to 450°F.

Can I use the Rectangle Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Rectangle Baker is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is not recommended to use it for more than 8 minutes at a time.

What material is the Rectangle Baker made of?

The Rectangle Baker is made of stoneware, which is a durable and heat-resistant material.

Is the Rectangle Baker dishwasher-safe?

Yes, the Rectangle Baker is dishwasher-safe. However, it is recommended to hand-wash it to prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sslangley