• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes From the Past: Chicken & Broccli Braid & Cherry Cheesecake!

In summary, Back when I was first introduced to PC, the rage in recipes was the Chicken and Broccoli Braid. I remember that the recipe included cream cheese, a can of cherry pie filling, and that's all I remember. Anyone have the recipe for me?
mheat923
Back when I was first intro to PC which was 7-8 years ago...the "rage" in recipes was the Chicken and broccli braid(which is still awesome) and a cherry cheesecake type recipe and that is what I am looking for is that recipe... here is what I remember about it

used parchment on round stone to keep it from running off, had cream cheese, a can of cherry pie filling(or in my case I used blueberry) and that's all I really remember anyone know what I am talking about? or something simialr?

CHERRY CHEESE COFFEE CAKE

2 package (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls GLAZE
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened ½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup powdered sugar 2 – 3 tsps milk
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla until well blended.

3. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough, do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12” x 15” Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Bakers Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips 1 ½ inches apart, 3 inches deep.

4. Spread cream cheese mixture over middle of dough. Top with cherry pie filling.

5. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.

6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown: cool slightly.

7. For Glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake.

8. ENJOY!!!
Chicken & Broccoli Braid

2 Cups cooked Chicken (chopped) ½ Cup Mayonaisse
1 Cup Broccoli (chopped) 2 tsp. All Purpose Dill Mix
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped) ¼ tsp. salt
1 garlic glove, pressed 2 packages (8oz each)refrigerated cresent rolls
4 oz.(1Cup) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded 2 Tbs. slivered Almonds

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop chicken and broccoli using Food Chopper, place in Batter Bowl, Chop bell pepper, add to bowl. Press garlic over vegetable mixture using Garlic Press.

2. Shred cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater and add to vegetable mixture, mix gently. Add mayonnaise, Dill Mix and salt, mix well using Mix N Scraper.

3. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough, do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12” x 15” Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Bakers Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips 1 ½ inches apart, 3 inches deep.

4. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.

Optional: Brush an egg white over dough using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25- 28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut and serve using Slice and Serve.

I love you! lol how did yo find it that quickly? you know what i am most upset abot it? is 4 years ago whn we moved I lost my older season's best from 98,99 etc...

Yum! That cheesecake ring is one of my favorites! Try it with peach pie filling too!!

I think both those recipes are in All the Best.

They are also my fav recipes, I made them all the time before I became a PC consultant and when I did start selling I did those at my first shows bc I can do them with my eyes closed and I know everyone loves them...so I have them saved in Word already...I always get people asking me for them, so I have them ready to go!!!

Both recipes are also on http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm which is the first place I go when looking for a recipe.

Hi there! I remember those recipes too, they were definitely a hit back in the day. I believe the recipe you are looking for is called the "Chicken Broccoli Braid" and "Cherry Cheesecake Braid". Both recipes are still available on our website and I highly recommend giving them a try! For the Chicken Broccoli Braid, you will need chicken, broccoli, cream cheese, and crescent rolls, and for the Cherry Cheesecake Braid, you will need cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and crescent rolls. Both recipes are perfect for a quick and delicious meal or dessert. Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients needed for the Chicken & Broccoli Braid?

The ingredients needed for the Chicken & Broccoli Braid are 1 package of Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.

How do I make the Cherry Cheesecake for this recipe?

To make the Cherry Cheesecake, you will need 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 (21 oz) can of cherry pie filling. Check out the full recipe for step-by-step instructions.

Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with any protein of your choice such as turkey, ham, or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I make the Chicken & Broccoli Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the braid ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. Just make sure to add a few extra minutes to the baking time to ensure it is fully cooked.

Can I use fresh broccoli instead of frozen for the Chicken & Broccoli Braid?

Yes, you can use fresh broccoli instead of frozen. Just make sure to blanch the broccoli before adding it to the braid to ensure it is fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nanax563
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • turtle15
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies