• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe to Use up Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs

In summary, Amanda is trying to figure out what recipes she can make using up a pound or more of chicken thighs. She has some ideas, but would like to try a recipe from Epicurious.com.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a bunch that I want to use up. Tonight's recipe will use up about half of them. I'd like to make a dinner tomorrow that I can quickly throw together and shove in the oven that will use up a pound or more of thigh meat. I have chicken recipes I can fall back on, but since it's thigh meat, it's a bit richer and I know there are just some recipes out there that specifically call for it. Any ideas? :)

White Chicken Chili!!!

Chicken and dumplings (I have a supper easy recipe if your intrested)

Chicken breast has gotten way to pricey and I now mainly use chicken thighs.

Yes, I'd love the recipe for chicken and dumplings! Thanks! :)

I love the SBRC white chicken chili! YUM!!I frequently substitute thighs for breasts in any recipe. Thighs have more chicken flavor.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but here is the recipe for another time...

3 tablespoons butter
1 med. onion chopped
5 med. carrots chopped
1/4 teaspoon thyme (you can sub any kind of herb you like here)
1/4 cup of flour
2 cloves of garlic
1 3/4 cup Chicken stock
1 1/2 lbs of chicken cut up
hand full of frozen peas
--
2 tablespoons fresh dill (again you can sub any kind of herb you want)
3/4 cup of flour
1 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of milk

Add butter, onion,carrots, and thyme to pot and cook for about 8 minutes. Add flour and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add garlic, stock and chicken and stir well. Cook for 20 minutes. Then stir well, add a hand full of peas if you like.
Mix all dry ingredients for dumplings, add milk and mix until blended.
Drop into chicken mixture and cook for another 10 minutes.

I sometimes will add extra chicken stock if I think it's getting to thick. I have made this recipe about 25 times and each time I think I have did something different with it. Really easy to make.

Look up on Epicurious.com or other foodie sites:

East India Chicken Curry
also called
Chicken Country Captain

Chicken Marbella

or

DCB Chicken Fajitas - do a search for it on here. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone! I'm going to make something today and freeze it. Tonight I'll be using up the other half. Last night DH wanted me to get my shopping done and actually got home from work early. That meant he and the kids fended for themselves for dinner. :rolleyes:

1. How can I make chicken thighs more flavorful?

One way to add flavor to boneless, skinless chicken thighs is to marinate them in your favorite combination of herbs, spices, and sauces. You can also season them with a dry rub or coat them in a tasty sauce during cooking.

2. Can I substitute chicken breasts for chicken thighs in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute chicken breasts for chicken thighs in many recipes. However, keep in mind that chicken thighs have a higher fat content, so the end result may be slightly different in texture and flavor.

3. What cooking methods are best for boneless, skinless chicken thighs?

Chicken thighs can be cooked using a variety of methods, including grilling, roasting, pan-frying, and baking. For a quick and easy option, try pan-frying them in a bit of oil until they are golden brown and cooked through.

4. How long do I need to cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs?

The cooking time for chicken thighs will depend on the chosen method and the thickness of the meat. As a general rule, chicken thighs should be cooked for 18-20 minutes in the oven at 375°F, 6-7 minutes per side on a hot grill, and 8-10 minutes on each side in a hot skillet.

5. Can I freeze boneless, skinless chicken thighs?

Yes, you can freeze chicken thighs for future use. Make sure to properly wrap them in freezer-safe packaging and label them with the date. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cactus_flower
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kristina16marie