• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Inexpensive Bulk Recipes for My June Calendar Giveaway?

In summary, the conversation is about finding recipes that can be made in bulk and are budget-friendly for upcoming shows. Suggestions include a taco ring, chicken fajitas, 30-minute chicken, BBQ pork mini sandwiches, and pasta salad. The group also discusses options for purchasing ingredients in bulk and ways to showcase products like the Deep Covered Baker. One specific recipe mentioned is the Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad, which includes a homemade dressing and various chopped vegetables, fruits, and cooked chicken.
chefHLM
I'm looking for a few recipes that the ingredients can be purchased in bulk and that aren't too expensive. I'm giving away a few shows to add to my June calendar and am only going to be offering one recipe. Any ideas would be appreciated! TIA!!!

Hey Holly.....depends on how many people will be at each show....what about a taco ring, using pie crusts instead of the croissants?

You can also buy those frozen chicken thighs and make the DCB fajitas....

If you can find the whole chickens on sale, you can buy a whole bunch of them and freeze them, and make the 30m chicken....

Depends on your budget, number of shows and guests at each.

30 minute chicken!

I would say the chicken fajitas in the DCB - depending on how close together your shows are. The peppers, onions and flour tortillas can be bought in bulk as well as the chicken (which could always be frozen) You can get huge bags of shredded cheese and big jars of salsa as well at Sam's club (or other bulk food store) I've had a lot of success with this recipe. It always impresses people. Pluse, you could always do margaritas or mojitos in the QSP to go along with them....
Jen

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'm going to head out and do some price checking...need to hit the grocery store anyways...I make the 30 minute chicken here at home at least once a month and I can get the whole chickens for about $4.50-5 when they actually have them stocked! I've never made the fajitas so I'd like to try them here at home before I offer them. I think I'm going to price pork tenderloin too and maybe offer the BBQ Pork mini sandwiches. I know I'd def like to "showcase" the DCB at these shows.

Pasta Salad is always a good one-one box of pasta and what ever viggies you have for your own meals (carrtos, brocoli, onion) a can of black olives! you use knives, the chopper, can opener, the measure mix and pour and put it in one of the new collapsible bowls and you're set!

I am doing the same thing and am making the Grilled Chicken Penne in the Season's Best. I did the same thing this week (price checking) and you can go to Aldi's to get the parm cheese, garlic, tomatoes (super cheap). I had the chicken already grilled up (so buy strips in bulk and make at home...or buy preseasoned strips...little pricier but flavor is good)....The basil is pretty pricey but if you can get a bulk amount at a farmers market, that may help.

Also depending on size of show, it isn't the biggest recipe so maybe plan on a salad or those skillet biscuits. Yummy! Good luck :)

DeeDee616 said:
Pasta Salad is always a good one-one box of pasta and what ever viggies you have for your own meals (carrtos, brocoli, onion) a can of black olives! you use knives, the chopper, can opener, the measure mix and pour and put it in one of the new collapsible bowls and you're set!

I'm glad you mentioned pasta salad! I forgot about the mandarin chicken pasta salad! This would be a good summertime recipe! Thanks! :D

chefHLM said:
I'm glad you mentioned pasta salad! I forgot about the mandarin chicken pasta salad! This would be a good summertime recipe! Thanks! :D

Hmmm, that sounds interesting... I checked the files and CC and didn't find the recipe... Care to share?

ChefPaulaB said:
Hmmm, that sounds interesting... I checked the files and CC and didn't find the recipe... Care to share?

Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
Dressing:
1 t. finely chopped, peeled, fresh gingerroot
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/3 c. rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
¼ c. orange juice
¼ c. vegetable oil
1t. sesame oil
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 t. sugar

Salad :
8 oz. Uncooked bow tie pasta
½ cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
½ c. diced red bell pepper
½ c. coarsely chopped red onion
1 package (6oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 can (11oz) mandarin orange segments
2 c. diced, cooked chicken
½ c. sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk gingerroot, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix and sugar. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water. Place pasta in Simple Additions Large Bowl.
3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using the Corer. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Mandoline; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Serve immediately.

thank you!

1. Can you provide low-calorie recipe suggestions?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of low-calorie recipe suggestions that are both delicious and nutritious. Our website and cookbooks have a section dedicated to healthier options, and our consultants are also trained to provide recommendations based on dietary restrictions or preferences.

2. Do you have any vegetarian or vegan recipe ideas?

Yes, we have a wide range of vegetarian and vegan recipe suggestions that are sure to please any palate. Our consultants can also assist with modifications or substitutions to make a non-vegetarian recipe more plant-based.

3. Can you suggest recipes for people with food allergies?

Absolutely, Pampered Chef has a variety of recipes that cater to various food allergies, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. Our consultants are also knowledgeable about ingredient substitutions and can provide alternative options for allergy-friendly cooking.

4. How do I find recipes using a specific Pampered Chef product?

You can easily search for recipes using a specific product on our website or app. Simply type in the name of the product in the search bar, and all the recipes using that product will be displayed. You can also consult with our consultants for recipe ideas using a particular Pampered Chef product.

5. Are there any kid-friendly recipe suggestions available?

Yes, we have a selection of recipes that are perfect for kids, including easy and fun snacks, lunches, and dinner options. Our consultants can also provide tips on how to involve children in the cooking process and make mealtime more enjoyable for the whole family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Becca115
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • elizabethfox