1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Looking for Salad Recipe w/ Spinach, Avocado...

1. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Today when out shopping a sales clerk saw me with my tote and sweatshirt and told me she loved PC -- of course! :) She then told me about a recipe she had at a party and has since misplaced it and then went on to describe it to me. Some of the ingredients were:

Spinach
    Avocado
    Grapefruit
    Walnuts
    Lemon Juice

The only recipe I could come up with is the Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad, which she didn't think it was, do any of you know any other recipes with these ingredients?

She doesn't have the consultants name from the party, which was a few years ago, so I offered to look for the recipe for her. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

May 6, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

You can go to recipe search on consultant's corner and type in key ingredients (i think), that might trigger something..

May 6, 2009
  3. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Sounds like the Avocado Grapefruit Salad from the Season's Best Spring Summer 08...gimme a sec, I'll try to dig it up for ya.

May 6, 2009
  4. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

The Pampered Chef ®
    Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
    Recipe

Chicken
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 tbsp Citrus & Basil Rub
    1 tsp olive oil

Dressing and Salad
    1 large ruby red grapefruit
    1 tbsp orange marmalade
    3 tbsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
    4-6 radishes
    1 firm, ripe avocado
    1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
    1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
    Sweet Caramel Cashews (optional)

For chicken, combine ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Cook chicken 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn chicken over; grill 4-6 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 170°F. Remove chicken to Cutting Board; let stand 10 minutes.

For dressing, zest grapefruit with Microplane® Adustable Grater to measure 1 tsp zest. Cut grapefruit in half; remove sections to Prep Bowl using Grapefruit Knife. Juice grapefruit halves using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. Combine zest, juice, marmalade, oil, salt and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; mix well using Stainless Mini Whisk.

For salad, slice radishes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Peel and dice avocado using Avocado Peeler. Slice chicken crosswise into thin strips using Utility Knife. Place spinach into Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl. Top with sliced chicken, grapefruit, radishes, avocado and onion, if desired. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Garnish with Sweet Caramel Cashews, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 4 g

Cook's Tip: Poppy seed dressing can be substituted for the grapefruit dressing, if desired.

Lemon pepper can be used to season the chicken in place of the Citrus & Basil Rub, if desired.

Shopping List
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 tbsp Citrus & Basil Rub
    1 large ruby red grapefruit
    1 tbsp orange marmalade
    3 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
    4-6 radishes
    1 firm, ripe avocado
    1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 small red onion (optional)

Cook's Tips: Poppy seed dressing can be substituted for the grapefruit dressing, if desired.

Lemon pepper can be used to season the chicken in place of the Citrus & Basil Rub, if desired.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

May 6, 2009
  5. BeckyC5830

BeckyC5830 Member

Thank you everyone for the help. I spoke with the woman tonight and read her the recipe for Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad and she remembered the Sweet Caramel Cashews, as the consultant told a story about burning the cashews while taking a phone call. Funny how something will jog our memories. Will drop off a few copies of the recipe and catalogs for her and her daughter tomorrow - hoping that daughter will book a show as she has the cookware and she must need some more pieces, right? ;)

May 6, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Good luck on booking the show Becky! I bet you that both the mom and daughter are so impressed with your follow up, and that you have just become their PC lady! Whoo Hoo

So cool of dannyz to type up the recipe and help another with their business! Kudos!

Have something to add?