• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Salad Recipe W/ Spinach, Avocado...

In summary, the sales clerk told the story of how she and her daughter burned some cashews while on a phone call, and when the daughter asked her for the recipe, the clerk was able to remember it.
BeckyC5830
Today when out shopping a sales clerk saw me with my tote and sweatshirt and told me she loved PC -- of course! :) She then told me about a recipe she had at a party and has since misplaced it and then went on to describe it to me. Some of the ingredients were:

Spinach
Avocado
Grapefruit
Walnuts
Lemon Juice

The only recipe I could come up with is the Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad, which she didn't think it was, do any of you know any other recipes with these ingredients?

She doesn't have the consultants name from the party, which was a few years ago, so I offered to look for the recipe for her. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

You can go to recipe search on consultant's corner and type in key ingredients (i think), that might trigger something..

Sounds like the Avocado Grapefruit Salad from the Season's Best Spring Summer 08...gimme a sec, I'll try to dig it up for ya.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
RecipeChicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Citrus & Basil Rub
1 tsp olive oil Dressing and Salad
1 large ruby red grapefruit
1 tbsp orange marmalade
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4-6 radishes
1 firm, ripe avocado
1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
Sweet Caramel Cashews (optional) For chicken, combine ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Cook chicken 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn chicken over; grill 4-6 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 170°F. Remove chicken to Cutting Board; let stand 10 minutes.For dressing, zest grapefruit with Microplane® Adustable Grater to measure 1 tsp zest. Cut grapefruit in half; remove sections to Prep Bowl using Grapefruit Knife. Juice grapefruit halves using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. Combine zest, juice, marmalade, oil, salt and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; mix well using Stainless Mini Whisk.For salad, slice radishes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Peel and dice avocado using Avocado Peeler. Slice chicken crosswise into thin strips using Utility Knife. Place spinach into Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl. Top with sliced chicken, grapefruit, radishes, avocado and onion, if desired. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Garnish with Sweet Caramel Cashews, if desired. Serve immediately.Yield: 4 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 4 gCook's Tip: Poppy seed dressing can be substituted for the grapefruit dressing, if desired. Lemon pepper can be used to season the chicken in place of the Citrus & Basil Rub, if desired. Shopping List
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Citrus & Basil Rub
1 large ruby red grapefruit
1 tbsp orange marmalade
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4-6 radishes
1 firm, ripe avocado
1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 small red onion (optional)Cook's Tips: Poppy seed dressing can be substituted for the grapefruit dressing, if desired. Lemon pepper can be used to season the chicken in place of the Citrus & Basil Rub, if desired.© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

Thank you everyone for the help. I spoke with the woman tonight and read her the recipe for Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad and she remembered the Sweet Caramel Cashews, as the consultant told a story about burning the cashews while taking a phone call. Funny how something will jog our memories. Will drop off a few copies of the recipe and catalogs for her and her daughter tomorrow - hoping that daughter will book a show as she has the cookware and she must need some more pieces, right? ;)

BeckyC5830 said:
Thank you everyone for the help. I spoke with the woman tonight and read her the recipe for Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad and she remembered the Sweet Caramel Cashews, as the consultant told a story about burning the cashews while taking a phone call. Funny how something will jog our memories. Will drop off a few copies of the recipe and catalogs for her and her daughter tomorrow - hoping that daughter will book a show as she has the cookware and she must need some more pieces, right? ;)

Good luck on booking the show Becky! I bet you that both the mom and daughter are so impressed with your follow up, and that you have just become their PC lady! Whoo Hoo

So cool of dannyz to type up the recipe and help another with their business! Kudos!

What are some popular salad recipes with spinach and avocado?

Some popular salad recipes with spinach and avocado include:

• Spinach and Avocado Salad with Strawberries and Feta
  • Grilled Chicken and Avocado Spinach Salad
  • Southwestern Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Avocado, and Spinach
  • Spinach and Avocado Caesar Salad
  • Mediterranean Spinach Salad with Avocado, Tomatoes, and Feta

Can I substitute spinach for other greens in a salad recipe with avocado?

Yes, spinach can be easily substituted for other greens like lettuce, arugula, or kale in a salad recipe with avocado. Just make sure to adjust the amount of dressing and other ingredients to your personal taste.

What are some good protein options to add to a spinach and avocado salad?

Some good protein options to add to a spinach and avocado salad include:

• Grilled chicken or shrimp
  • Sliced hard-boiled eggs
  • Cubed tofu or tempeh
  • Chickpeas or other beans
  • Sliced steak or salmon

Does Pampered Chef offer any salad dressing recipes that would pair well with a spinach and avocado salad?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of salad dressing recipes, including some that would pair well with a spinach and avocado salad. Some options include:

• Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Citrus Honey Dressing
  • Ranch Dressing
  • Lemon Dijon Dressing

Are spinach and avocado salads suitable for meal prep?

Yes, spinach and avocado salads can be a great option for meal prep. To keep the avocado from browning, make sure to toss it with some lemon or lime juice before adding it to the salad. You can also store the dressing separately and add it right before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy. When prepping ahead, it's also a good idea to add any protein or crunchy toppings right before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • sabrina oden
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Sheila