• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Receiving Unexpected News from a Newsletter Subscriber

In summary, the conversation involved the sender apologizing for mistakenly sending a newsletter to a woman who had recently passed away. The woman's daughter replied and requested to be taken off the mailing list. The sender felt bad but was reassured by others that it was a normal response to contact companies and organizations after a loved one's passing. The sender then sent a message expressing condolences and removing the woman's name from the mailing list.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I finally got around to sending out my July newsletter last night and I received this reply tonight.....

Hi there.

My name is ________, I am Vicki's youngest daughter. I just wanted to let you know that my mom passed away, so if you could please take her off your mailing list, that would be nice. Thank you.

Sincerely,
_________

How bad do I feel now?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

OmgOh goodness hun that's terrible. I would reply with your dearest sympathies and take her off your list and leave it at that. I know it's upsetting but you didn't do anything wrong. I have had dear ones pass on and received mail, phone calls and emails I am sure you didn't offend anybody.

Last edited:
kcjodih said:
I finally got around to sending out my July newsletter last night and I received this reply tonight.....

Hi there.

My name is ________, I am Vicki's youngest daughter. I just wanted to let you know that my mom passed away, so if you could please take her off your mailing list, that would be nice. Thank you.

Sincerely,
_________

How bad do I feel now?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Don't feel bad. Rennea's right, they aren't mad or upset at you. They are just telling you like it is, that is something you do when people pass away, you contact every bill collector, magazine subsription, etc.

I also sent you a PM about this.

Thanks ladies! I did send an immediate apology and expressed my condolences. I had only met this lady once at a bridal shower last year. She lives in another town. I guess I was just in shock and immediately felt horrible. Feeling better now thanks to you both :D

Dear ________,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My condolences go out to you and your family during this difficult time. I will make sure to remove your mother's name from our mailing list and any future communications.

Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family. If there is anything I can do to support you during this time, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

With sympathy,

Related to Receiving Unexpected News from a Newsletter Subscriber

1. How do I handle unexpected negative feedback from a newsletter subscriber?

First, take a step back and assess the situation. Is the feedback valid or just a personal opinion? If it is valid, address the issue professionally and offer a solution. If it is just a personal opinion, thank the subscriber for their feedback and politely explain your stance. It is important to always remain professional and respectful in your response.

2. What should I do if a newsletter subscriber shares personal information with me?

If a subscriber shares personal information with you, it is important to handle it with care and confidentiality. Do not share this information with anyone else, and only use it for the purpose it was shared with you. If the information is sensitive, it may be best to delete it and not respond.

3. How can I turn unexpected news from a subscriber into a positive experience?

One way to turn unexpected news into a positive experience is by actively listening and acknowledging the subscriber's feedback. If they have a valid concern, address it and offer a solution. If it is just a personal opinion, thank them for their input and express your appreciation for their support as a subscriber.

4. What should I do if a subscriber asks for a refund or compensation?

If a subscriber requests a refund or compensation, it is important to listen to their concerns and evaluate the situation. If their request is valid, offer a refund or compensation if it aligns with your company's policies. If their request is not valid, politely explain your stance and offer alternative solutions, such as a discount on future purchases.

5. How can I prevent unexpected news from negatively affecting my business?

To prevent unexpected news from negatively affecting your business, it is important to have open communication with your subscribers and address any concerns or issues promptly. Regularly monitor your newsletters and social media channels to stay on top of any unexpected news and respond professionally and promptly. It is also important to have clear policies and procedures in place to handle unexpected situations in a timely and effective manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
vonfirmath
  • Bren706