• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Added an Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter Link to My Pws News!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of advanced HTML code on the PWS platform to create a newsletter subscription form. Some users encountered issues with the code causing the bottom of the page to be cut off. One user received a reply from iContact Tech Support, who suggested reviewing the HTML code of the page with the issue. Overall, the users were pleased with the functionality and implementation of the newsletter subscription form on their PWS.
Sheila
Gold Member
Holy cow! I LOVE it!!!

Now when new customers go to my PWS, I have a link on the main page in the "news" section where my new customers can fill out the form right there on my PWS to subscribe to my newsletter!

You can go look at what I'm talking about here: /SheilaDacey

If I were you, I'd disable the "publisher profile" or remove the reference to PC. That is considered a public website and it you can't say that you're a consultant on a public site.

I guess I didn't realize that anyone could see that. I thought it was just the people who were on my list. I removed the PC comment. Thanks!

That's really cool that the PWS now accepts more advanced HTML code though... for the longest time, all we could do was bold or italicize only!

Can you point me in the direction for where you figured out how to do this? Does iContact have a tutorial or something? It looks great!

I didn't see a tutorial, I was just clicking around the iContact page & figured it out.Under the "My Contacts" tab, look in the "add contacts" section & click on "Sign-up Forms". Click on "Create a New Sign-up Form" and follow the directions. When you finish, copy the html code from the first box, go to your PWS to the section where you add new news & then paste the html code into the form. Title it what you want and save it. DO NOT CHOOSE A PHOTO! It will default to the current catalog's photo! I'm thinking when the new catalog takes effect that it will change??? Hopefully I won't have to remember to go change the photo with each new season.Update: The html code was causing an error on the "news" page where the bottom of the page was not displaying as it should. By adding a bit of text in front of the html code, the problem was solved. So make sure you add some type of note about them signing up for your web page ahead of the html code. ;)

Last edited:
LOVE IT! Thanks so much for this...never even thought of it!

Thank you so much for sharing this! I just added it to mine too. I didn't add the Publisher Profile link at all, I don't think it's necessary since they're already on my website anyway.

I've also implemented some other news articles I learned about in my PWS class. Feel free to check it out.

One problem I've noticed with their code or something....where you have your newsletter link in the "News" section, the rest of the webpage gets cut off.Sheila- if you notice on your's, that VERY bottom of the page is your "Subscribe to my newsletter"....the copyright and bottom bar is cut off. I put it on my site and moved it further up the news-list. Everything BELOW the Subscribe link is cut off.I'll see if I can figure out what code is doing that or email Icontact's tech support, but just thought I'd mention it. For now- make sure it's the LAST item in your "news" section....so you don't cut anything off.

esavvymom said:
One problem I've noticed with their code or something....where you have your newsletter link in the "News" section, the rest of the webpage gets cut off.

Sheila- if you notice on your's, that VERY bottom of the page is your "Subscribe to my newsletter"....the copyright and bottom bar is cut off. I put it on my site and moved it further up the news-list. Everything BELOW the Subscribe link is cut off.

I'll see if I can figure out what code is doing that or email Icontact's tech support, but just thought I'd mention it. For now- make sure it's the LAST item in your "news" section....so you don't cut anything off.

I have noticed this too. I hope it isn't going to be a problem. I'm going to keep it there for now, and have a friend try to sign up.

Well, I got a reply from iContact Tech Support....not much they seem to be able to do.

here's what he said:

I reviewed your site, and from what I can see, the issue has to do with a link you created on the page, and not so much with the sign up form. The page with the actual sign up form displays correctly, and the code we provide for the sign up form does not contain any lines that would cause a result that you are seeing. I would review the HTML of the link page to see if you can see what it is. As it is not the sign up form, it is out of the realm of our technical support, and most of your page is in Javascript which I am not familiar with.

So we either don't use it, or just live with it?

esavvymom said:
Well, I got a reply from iContact Tech Support....not much they seem to be able to do.

here's what he said:

I reviewed your site, and from what I can see, the issue has to do with a link you created on the page, and not so much with the sign up form. The page with the actual sign up form displays correctly, and the code we provide for the sign up form does not contain any lines that would cause a result that you are seeing. I would review the HTML of the link page to see if you can see what it is. As it is not the sign up form, it is out of the realm of our technical support, and most of your page is in Javascript which I am not familiar with.

So we either don't use it, or just live with it?

Yes, and I'm guessing if we bring it up to HO tech support we will be told not to use the code.

by the way, if anyone wants to look at my site.. it is /pixley

I'm not having that issue with my site: /noorak

Hmmmm...That's wierd. Why would it work on Noora's but not the rest?

Noora- I sent you a PM...need a favor. :D *seeing if I can track this down or not....it's been awhile since I've fiddled with HTML*

My best guess would be that there is a closing tag missing somewhere. Tags are those parts surrounded like this: <> and every <> has to have a corresponding </> with the same command. For example, to center text, you'd start with <center> and close with </center>.

The tags are ok...but I did make one stupid little change!I added this text:
Sign up to receive emails about all of our great specials, as well as delicious recipes and great tips! I usually send two emails per month, unless something comes up that I just can't keep from sharing! in front of the HTML Code from i-contact. Somehow, doing that, it worked!So everyone- add that paragraph. That was the main difference I could find with Noora's page and the rest of us. I did it, and now it looks correct.WOOHOO!! Thanks Noora for helping me with that. (she sent me the code she put in and I compared notes and source code)....for the record, I am just a computer geek who USED to do websites way back when it was all HTML and basic stuff....more than 10 yrs ago (wow!) So don't expect any miracles from me in the future. I got lucky on this!!*and I confirmed the newsletter thing worked- i added one of my other email addresses and it instantly shows up on the IContact page.

Mine seems to be behaving better. I noticed Noora had a description before her code, I "borrowed it" and now it seems to be better. I even was able to move it up in the list.

I was typing at the same time! Bobbi described it better!

Glad it worked :D

I didn't get the problem at first, but I get it now! :)

I added text in front of my html code & corrected the problem on my page as well.

What is the purpose of adding an Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link to my Pws News?

The purpose of adding an Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link to your Pws News is to make it easy for your customers to sign up for your newsletter and stay updated on your latest products, promotions, and events.

How do I add an Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link to my Pws News?

To add the link, log in to your Icontact account and go to the "Sign-Up Forms" tab. Select the form you want to use and click on the "Embed Code" button. Copy the code and paste it into the HTML of your Pws News page where you want the link to appear.

Can I customize the appearance of the Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the link to match your brand and website. Icontact provides options for changing the font, color, and size of the link. You can also choose to use a button instead of a text link.

Do I need to have an Icontact account to use the "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link?

Yes, you need to have an Icontact account to use the "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for one on the Icontact website.

Can I track the number of subscribers who sign up through the Icontact "Subscribe to My Newsletter" link?

Yes, Icontact provides analytics and reporting tools that allow you to track the number of subscribers who sign up through the link. This can help you measure the effectiveness of your newsletter and marketing efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Barry Carlton