• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recap: My Experience at Dad's Event - Booked Shows, Recruit Leads, and More!

In summary, the event was slow and only moderately successful due to the lack of customer involvement. However, the event coordinator was able to book a show for the store manager.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
So how was the Dad's event for all of you?

Mine was very last minute - found out at 4pm yesterday the consultant schedule backed out.

Got there this morning and it was very slow, just me, a woman selling baby sling/wraps, a baby proofing company and a RN from the local NICU. The promotions person was begging/bribing guests to pariticpate in their activities.

But as the day progressed, it got better and I ended up with 2 booked shows, several maybes and a recruit lead. Not bad for the last minute.

I did good. Two June Cooking Shows, 2 June catalog shows, lots of maybe's, several recruit leads!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really excited about it.

I was set up right by the Baby Registry and had a lot of good contact with folks.

I was right at the registry also and it was a good place to talk with people. It was also where all of the activites were held and the bottle drink contest and Pimp My Ride (Stroller) was too funny!

Ours was a total bust in terms of customer involvement. But I did book a show for the store manager. :)

I seriously have only THREE people to follow up with.

Deb - Sorry for your experience, but WTG on the booking.

The promoter in my store did say it was a very slow day for a Baby Fest, but in our area we are entering festival season and that probably affected the turn out.

Our store was super slow. They had no one participate in any of the activities except for showing how to set up a Pack and Play (1 person attended). I got a July show, though, and she may be interested in joining, plus the lady from the pediatric dentist booth next to me wants to do an office show, so at least it wasn't a total waste (plus Daddy got to take the kids fishing and to McD's, so the kids were happy for the daddy time).

Diane

well....I didnt do as well as I would have hoped, but......I got one solid July booking and 6 maybes and 1 poss recruit. 6 orders. So it was not bad, just wanted more solid bookings and for June! But our store was slow too they said. They werent sure why, but they said that usually they are much busier with these events. So hopefully next time we will all get a better turn out!
~jenny~ :D

we did ok, but had hoped for better. 1 definte June booking, sevewral booing leads, and we are now sxheduled to teach a class in August on making your own baby food. That could be interesting. Any information is welcome.

Mine was ok. It was slow and the thing is people are mainly just interested in shopping. They look like a deer in the headlights when they see all the tables. I have two that want to do cooking shows, although we didn't schedule a time, and one very eager BRU employee who wants a catalog show. Two of my June shows cancelled. How do you guys get them to book? I always talk to people who say they don't have their calendar or are wishy washy. I want to call them today and get them in June. What do you recommend?

Mine was slow too. the Coorniator felt bad. I told her it was ok can't expect every time to be great ( wish it could, but not every shoe is a sucess and it didnt cost me anything but time). I told her I will be back next month and every month for the rest of the year and beyond if I can. Last month I got my first recruit and 3 that are thinking of doing the business after their babies are born (to close to due dates). She told me she was expecting and wanted to talk to me next week about the business. If so thats recruit #2 and the other 3 by Sept. On my way to Director by Xmas hopefully.

Cindy Munesato
And May All Your Days Be Pampered Ones!!

slow, but okayI didn't schedule any bookings, but had 28 people fill out slips to win a "free show" Of the 28 only 10 checked no to book a show. I'm going to call all 28 today and tell them they won and schedule their shows. 2 recruit leads and a small outside order. There was a Mary Kay lady, a baby proofing lady and an insurance guy. The event cooridinator asked if I was coming next month. I'll call her and let her know. She said the baby shower one is great, but not till Jan. I gave out recipe cards w/my info stamped on them and Xmas mini catalogs w/a sticker stating to contact me for a current catalog. What did you all do?

I'll keep you posted how many book their free show :)
Michelle

YeahI just made my calls. I got many machines and left messages, but talked to 3 people and booked 2 shows :)

Michelle

What do I say when I call all my maybe's?

I get all tongue tied.

Here's what I said...Hi Susie, this is Michelle Metheny and I met you at Babies R Us yesterday. How are you? I'm calling to let you know that I pulled your name out of the box and you are the winner of a free cooking show. When would you like to schedule your show? I'm working on my June and July calendars, which is a better month for you?

I now have 3 shows booked from this and 2 of them were with the NO boxes checked. It is amazing how the tune changed when I explained they won't have to buy the ingredients or send the invites (2 of them said they wanted to anyway) and they will earn all of the free products.

I still have 11 calls lingering out there. If I don't hear back tomorrow, I'll call again on Tues. There was a mom and daughter where each filled out slips. I called the daughter about recruiting info (she checked yes) and the mom won the show. The mom lives closer to me.

2 of the slips the people live about 2 hours from me so I'm giving the leads to someone in my cluster.

I focused on getting people to fill out slips and answer any questions they had. I didn't schedule shows there at BRU. I missed too many people when I was tied up with one person for any length of time.

It kind of was a flash back of rush in my sorority days. Wow, I'm getting old- that was 15 years ago!

Smile,
Michelle Metheny

Mine was super slow. I had 1 yes I said 1 person fill out a drawing slip all day long. The store promotions coordinator sent us home at 2 instead of 3. I had a couple of people take my business card but that was it. Sure hope I can find time to do all of my follow up calls! :p

Related to Recap: My Experience at Dad's Event - Booked Shows, Recruit Leads, and More!

1. How was the turnout at Bru?

The turnout at Bru was great! We had a full house and everyone seemed to have a great time.

2. What kind of food was served at Bru?

At Bru, we served a variety of delicious dishes from different cuisines, including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. There was something for everyone to enjoy.

3. Did anyone win any prizes at Bru?

Yes, we had several raffle drawings throughout the event and many attendees won amazing prizes from Pampered Chef.

4. Were there any special guests at Bru?

Yes, we had a special guest appearance from a Pampered Chef executive who shared some exciting updates and news about the company.

5. Can I still purchase any products featured at Bru?

Absolutely! All of the Pampered Chef products featured at Bru are still available for purchase. You can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to place an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
kellyk
Replies
Views
Sheila