• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reactivating My Pampered Chef Business - Need Advice!

In summary, the expert recommends revisiting your 100 names list and doing festivals or fairs in your area to increase contacts. They also recommend talking with your director to get help.
pamperedtiffani
I have been in business since last October and it has been great! I work another job full time so I usually do 2 or 3 shows a month. I have had no trouble booking form shows in the past but I did not have a single show in July and I don't have anything on my calendar. I feel I've tapped out my favor giving frineds and family in the first 6 months of my business and I don't know where to begin to get shows outside of them.
I really want to continue my PC business and am getting nervous about going inactive as I am nearing my $15,000 mark.
Any advice would be wonderful and any insite you may have on how to just remail active until I get things going again.

Thank you all!!!:confused:

Have you revisited your 100 names list? If not, do so. There are probably a lot of names outside your family/friends circle.

Also, try doing festivals or fairs in your area. This will give you plenty of contacts.

Also, talk with your director she will be able to offer you assistance.

This is a great time to go through your sales records and let all of your past customers know that there are products retiring next month. (if you don't have the list of what is retiring, you can find it here. Do some customer care calls to see how everyone is doing with their products and to answer any questions they may have.

First ask them if they want to host to get their desired products for FREE! (and to get a break from cooking dinner one night!) Offer a 10% discount on orders over $100. Offer them a free Season's Best Cookbook or a free quikut paring knife if they pay by credit card (no waiting for money to clear through the bank!). Figure each order with individual order shipping. Even if you get enough orders to put together as a show, you won't be left having to pay the difference to ship things to each person. I wouldn't tell them that they get the batter bowl free after a $60 order, because if you're just doing individual orders and it ends up that you don't have enough to put in as a full show, you'll end up having to go back and tell them they CAN'T get the free batter bowl. So, save it as a surprise for when your sales rack up! :D (calling them back to say "hey there! i just wanted to call you real quick to tell you that because you ordered $60 or more, you get a free small batter bowl! isn't that great?" will MAKE THEIR DAY!" :D)

Offer Summer Express Shows (aka cookless cooking shows). Bring the recipe already made, and let the guests sell the products to one another. Tom Marston is doing this. He asks the guests what their favorite product is, and what they like to do with it, then he gives info about it or tells a story and then he will ask 3 questions...is it easy to clean? is it easy to use? and would you recommend it to everyone here today? He feels like this way the guests are selling themselves and not him being the slimey sales person. At the end he talks about (and tells everyone that they should do these three steps)...Why you started with PC, what you have gotten out of PC and what you look forward to getting out of PC...and then ask every person at the show about booking a show and what size apron would they like. more on tom marston's cookless cooking show and some other tips he had here

Go to local businesses (hairdressers, tanning salons, etc are PERFECT this time of year) and ask them if you can put a fishbowl at their place. Do a "Pamper Yourself" drawing, and put up a sign that explains there is NO purchase necessary.. that if they add their name to the fishbowl, they'll get a FREE KITCHEN SHOW -- that's free entertainment, free snack, and (probably!) free products just for them, all they have to do is invite their friends over. Leave your business cards and put on the sign that you'll call all those who need pampered at the end of each week. Give a gift to the business owner as a thank you. Or, if you know of a friend that owns a business like that, ask if they'll do a $ drawing.. if they'll take money for tickets (like $1/ticket or $3/5 tickets) and then at the end of the week (or 2), a drawing names a winner that gets the amt of money collected as a PC GC (from you of course!).

Thank you!Thank you so much! These are great suggestions and I will keep trying!

THanks again!

Advertise your business as much as you can!!I can't stress this enough. But try to find ways to advertise your business as much as possible. Maybe even renting a table or booth at local events. There is a huge consignment sale going on in my town in a few weeks. I am going to volunteer and at the same time I was given permission to advertise for a small fee.
Also I found out about a new school opening up in my city. I found the PTA group for this school and since they are putting together some packets for the new teachers and staff, I volunteered to give a citrus peeler and my business card to each teacher. I also donated about $15.00 to the PTA and will be included in their thank you letter to over 1500 people (teachers, parents, etc) with my contact info included. This will let them know I donated to their PTA, and donated the citrus peelers! Hopefully they will respond positively with bookings, or even ordering off my website.
I offered FREE shipping for orders of $100 or more and a FREE gift just for ordering from now until Dec.
My kid's cooking class is a hit. I have so many kids I need two classes every other week to accomodate them. It's great. Not to mention I am advertising at local kids resale shops, and daycare centers.
I have had a great success with online orders just for leaving flyers at these places. I have also gotten a few shows from moms and customers at the resale shops. I am so excited for my business!!
Just thought I would share some ideas.
Debbie

Have an open house and invite all your past customers. This should generate bookings and you can key in on the products that will be discontinued in the fall. Don't get discouraged...I have been there several times...something will turn up. Be positive! Have a great week!

DebbieSAChef said:
I can't stress this enough. But try to find ways to advertise your business as much as possible. Maybe even renting a table or booth at local events. There is a huge consignment sale going on in my town in a few weeks. I am going to volunteer and at the same time I was given permission to advertise for a small fee.
Also I found out about a new school opening up in my city. I found the PTA group for this school and since they are putting together some packets for the new teachers and staff, I volunteered to give a citrus peeler and my business card to each teacher. I also donated about $15.00 to the PTA and will be included in their thank you letter to over 1500 people (teachers, parents, etc) with my contact info included. This will let them know I donated to their PTA, and donated the citrus peelers! Hopefully they will respond positively with bookings, or even ordering off my website.
I offered FREE shipping for orders of $100 or more and a FREE gift just for ordering from now until Dec.
My kid's cooking class is a hit. I have so many kids I need two classes every other week to accomodate them. It's great. Not to mention I am advertising at local kids resale shops, and daycare centers.
I have had a great success with online orders just for leaving flyers at these places. I have also gotten a few shows from moms and customers at the resale shops. I am so excited for my business!!
Just thought I would share some ideas.
Debbie

Debbie, How are you working these kids cooking classes, and how much do you charge and what do they get?

I would like to know about the kids cooking classes too...

Help neededHi,
I am in my 3rd SS month (July) and have one order for about $40. I need ideas from you guys that I can do before the 31st to get more sales. I sent out 93 new consultant postcards last week offering 10% off all orders placed by July 30th and not one response! :-( I also sent out an email to 75 people (non-postcard people) listing the retiring products and offering 10% off orders placed by July 30th. Again, nothing.I missed SS #2 by $8.31 (I now know how to track it) and am feeling very down right now with month 3. I have a young son who is bipolar and the past 2 months have been awful with him (hospitalization, police) and I am trying to keep my chin up but don't know what else to do. I love PC and thought this was for me but right now I am very frustrated.

pamperedtiffani said:
I have been in business since last October and it has been great! I work another job full time so I usually do 2 or 3 shows a month. I have had no trouble booking form shows in the past but I did not have a single show in July and I don't have anything on my calendar. I feel I've tapped out my favor giving frineds and family in the first 6 months of my business and I don't know where to begin to get shows outside of them.
I really want to continue my PC business and am getting nervous about going inactive as I am nearing my $15,000 mark.
Any advice would be wonderful and any insite you may have on how to just remail active until I get things going again.

Do a fair of any kind and have a "fill out a drawing form for the chance to win a $15 gift certificate and a chance to win a free cooking show" ~ You can offer the winner the opportunity to double it if she has a cooking show.

Call old customers that bought alot to tell them about the new products and ask whether they'd want to be the first to share the new line with their friends.

When hesitant, remind them it's not too early to book fall/holiday cookie or appetizer shows.

Wear Logowear - -I've had many people approach me recently to comment on their love of the products.... which brings me to my would you like to see the host specials for the next month (or wherever I am more free)...

Try to locate fundraiser opportunities.... day cares, sports teams, book clubs, etc. If you're slow you might want to tap into those areas. Bring a treat to an area business you use. I just brought an apple treat on a stone in a woven.... got an order. and a maybe to booking. Everyone wanted to know about it.

Good luck trying!

Wendyss said:
Hi,
I am in my 3rd SS month (July) and have one order for about $40. I need ideas from you guys that I can do before the 31st to get more sales. I sent out 93 new consultant postcards last week offering 10% off all orders placed by July 30th and not one response! :-( I also sent out an email to 75 people (non-postcard people) listing the retiring products and offering 10% off orders placed by July 30th. Again, nothing.I missed SS #2 by $8.31 (I now know how to track it) and am feeling very down right now with month 3. I have a young son who is bipolar and the past 2 months have been awful with him (hospitalization, police) and I am trying to keep my chin up but don't know what else to do. I love PC and thought this was for me but right now I am very frustrated.

YOU need to call each and every person you sent the cards to and connect. Look in the Welcome booklet for the words. Good luck!

its_me_susan said:
YOU need to call each and every person you sent the cards to and connect. Look in the Welcome booklet for the words. Good luck!

I agree with Susan. If you aren't willing to follow up on every card or catalog you send, you are wasting your money. I have learned that the hard way! Something I heard before that really hit me was....It's not their job to call you, it's your job to call them. It'd be nice to live in a perfect world where people actually RSVP'd and called you when you mail them something. Many times they aren't trying to be mean or don't want to help you....they just forget. Get on the phone this weekend and make those calls. You might get alot of answering machines but be prepared with a cheery, short message that just might be the thing they need to call you back :) Good Luck!

pamperedtiffani said:

I am glad to see that I am not alone, I had the same problem in June, all of my hosts completly bailed out on me, and I didn't have a single show that month it was extremely frustrating to me becasue I met my first super starter month and I wanted to make my second. I had one show in July the night before I left for confernce that was my save my butt show, and now I have three booked for August!!! Keep up the good work, talk to your director I am sure they will give you lots of incoruaging adivce as well... and hey we are always here to listen to each other :)

Wendyss said:
Hi,

My best advice is to talk to your director often, go back to your list of 100, July was my 3rd SS month as well. If it wasn't for the incouragement of my director and the incouragement that I got from attending confernce I would have probley gone inactive. BUT I didn't I have three show's booked so far in August and I had a a show the night before I left for confernce last month. It takes lots of time and pacients sometime... keep your chin up and keep smiling....... your not alone beleive me!!!

1. How do I reactivate my Pampered Chef business?

To reactivate your Pampered Chef business, you will need to contact your Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to the Pampered Chef home office. They will guide you through the steps and provide you with the necessary forms and resources.

2. Is there a fee to reactivate my Pampered Chef business?

There is no fee to reactivate your Pampered Chef business. However, you may need to purchase a new starter kit if you no longer have your old one. Your consultant or the home office can provide more information on this.

3. Can I still access my old Pampered Chef account?

Yes, you should be able to access your old Pampered Chef account. If you are having trouble logging in, you can contact the home office or your consultant for assistance.

4. Do I need to attend any trainings or meetings to reactivate my business?

There are no specific trainings or meetings required to reactivate your Pampered Chef business. However, it is always recommended to attend any training or events offered to stay updated on new products and business strategies.

5. How long does it take to reactivate my Pampered Chef business?

The time it takes to reactivate your Pampered Chef business may vary. It depends on how quickly you can complete the necessary forms and training, and how soon you can schedule your first party. Your consultant or the home office can help you create a timeline for reactivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mbh06
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • riannasmom