• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reactivating my Business: Pregnant & Ready for Ideas!

In summary, Debbie suggests emailing past hosts and customers, offering incentives for big catalog shows, and taking a few months of just catty shows to get back up to speed.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
Hello! I am 8 months pregnant and trying to come up with ideas on how to make the best of the next two months since I won't be able to do any cooking shows. I have lined up 3 catalog shows for Feb. but does any have any other ideas on things I can try to set up to help me get my business back on its feet.

Let me just say this that I have been inactive since October and am about ready to submit my first show to get active again. I do not want to go inactive again. Thanks for any help anyone gives!

New baby!!When I had my son I over booked the month I planned on coming back. I also did catalog shows, like you are doing for the weeks I would be home with the new baby and did everything through phone, email or USPS.

I would also suggest an email sale to past hosts and customers. Just letting them know that you will be out of commission for a while because of the new baby but they can email you orders if they choose not to have a catalog show and you will enter them in a drawing.

Offer incentives for big catalog shows!! Make them work for you!!

Debbie :D

See if you can get some good friends to host shows for you after you have the baby! I took my little guy with me to my first few shows after he was born - they were with friends, and so didn't mind that he was with me....in fact, I had great attendance at those shows - everyone wanted to see the baby! (he mostly slept thru them)
I did simple shows - they were summer shows, so I baked a brownie, and did a Sundae Bar, and everyone used the tools to help themselves to sundaes. just do Express Shows, and make them quick - everyone will understand!

Great ideas! I just went through the same thing. My son was due the end of November, and since he is my 4th baby, I was having a difficult time towards the end of the pregnancy. I only booked catalog shows for November and December, and ended up doing pretty good with them. (I had one that was over $800!) I've been having a slow January so far. One catalog show in the process, and two cooking shows that have postponed. As long as you can keep a few catalog shows on the books, you should be ok. Good luck!

thanksthank you so far for your suggestions. I really want to do everything I can to make my business work. I quit my full time job to be a stay at home mom with my new baby. Please keep the ideas coming. I am very grateful!

I did the same this past year. I quit my full time job in July after signing up as a consultant in Feb. I was so happy to be able to stay home with the kids! I am so grateful that I was already established with PC, because in September my husband got laid off from his job and just now started working again. PC got us through those months.

Just keep motivated and things will be fine. If you need anything, you know we are all here for you! Enjoy your new little one! They grow way too fast!!!

I just had my son Thursday!! I did not do any cooking shows in Dec., only catalog, I still submitted my two shows. Now I am taking a few months of just catty shows and making the 200 to stay active... when the new products come out I will begin to try harder, Good luck!

Related to Reactivating my Business: Pregnant & Ready for Ideas!

1. How can I maintain my Pampered Chef business while pregnant?

There are many ways to continue growing your business while pregnant. One idea is to host virtual cooking parties or workshops, where you can still engage with customers from the comfort of your own home. You can also focus on building your online presence through social media and your personal website, and offering special promotions and discounts for expecting mothers.

2. Can I still attend in-person events while pregnant?

It is ultimately up to your own personal comfort level and any recommendations from your healthcare provider. If you do choose to attend in-person events, make sure to take frequent breaks, stay hydrated, and have someone help you with any heavy lifting or set-up.

3. How can I make sure my business stays organized during this busy time?

One suggestion is to create a schedule or plan for yourself, setting aside specific times for working on your business and times for self-care and preparation for the baby. You can also delegate tasks to team members, or ask for help from friends and family.

4. What resources does Pampered Chef offer for pregnant consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for pregnant consultants, including a special section on our website with tips and ideas for maintaining your business while pregnant. We also have a community of consultants who are happy to offer support and advice, as well as our corporate team who can provide guidance and assistance.

5. How can I balance my business and being a new parent?

This is a common concern for many new parents, and it's important to remember that every situation is different. One tip is to involve your child in your business, such as having them help with packaging or attending events with you. You can also set boundaries and prioritize your time, making sure to take breaks and focus on self-care to avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtiffani
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pngentil