1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings New consultant pregnant--time off for C-section advice?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'm starting this thread on behalf of one of my cluster-mates. She just brought a future recruit to our meeting last night who is pregnant and due (I can't remember when, but it's soon after she'll be starting). She is going to be having a scheduled C-section and will have to be off from doing shows for a while.

I'm trying to gather ideas to pass along to my cluster-mate that she can share with her recruit. Any advice would be great. I found a few ideas in another thread, but they were geared towards someone who is already a consultant.

TIA! :)

Mar 17, 2009
  2. annew

annew Member

I had a c-section & it wasn't planned 8 years ago.
    I held a show 6 weeks after this....I did let the host know that I couldn't carry my crate (at the time) & she helped me out....I should of recruited her :)
    I was fine other than the lifting restrictions.
    Have her line catalog shows up.

HTH!

Mar 17, 2009
  3. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

is this baby # 1?
    How close is she to delivering?
    As a mom wh has had a c-sect for both kids it would help me answer better especially if she wants the march recruiting deal.

Mar 17, 2009
  4. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

encourage HEr to get her first recruit! then she could enlist her to help her after 6 weeks, b/c of the lifting restrictions. also have her line up about 12 catalog shows for her 6 weeks off!! encourage her to offer a bonus for getting bookings (b/c it is harder to get them on catty shows)!

Mar 17, 2009
  5. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I agree with working the catalog route! My c-section was 15 days ago & I've already submitted 2 catalog shows since his birth & have a 3rd one open right now.

Maybe she can use the baby as an incentive to get shows lined up now. Let potential hosts guess the baby's weight & length (and gender if she's waiting until the delivery to find out) and then give away a gift (or one for each statistic) for whoever comes closest.

Another idea - advertise that she will do a drawing for all the hosts who hold a catalog show during the maternity leave and give away a prize.

To get the catalog show guests to book a future show: She can either promise something small will be added to each person's order when they host their show, offer "free cooking show" (where she buys the ingredients but the host still gets credit), or advertise that she's going to do a drawing for everyone that agrees to host a show & give away something a little bigger?

She can also consider doing a Mystery Host Catalog Show.

Mar 17, 2009
  6. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I had 3 pregnant ladies on my team of 8 at one time. 2 have had babies and the third is due any day. This is what I did. I had a Pregnancy and Pampered Chef Training with them. You can do it face to face - proabably best, or over the phone. Face to face, they are focused. There are no other distractions like other kids or work. I then went over the outline I attached. Stress being intentional. If they were in the corporate world, they would get 6 - 8 weeks off of work. Plan their first show for that time frame. And so on.

I hope the notes make sense in a third party setting. Hope that helps!

Attached Files:

Mar 17, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I just found out that she is starting for April and is having the C-section in July. So that gives her a few months to get some shows and bookings and hopefully set catty shows in motion.

Any other ideas?

Mar 17, 2009
Have something to add?