• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Pregnant--Time off for C-Section Advice?

In summary, the mother of a baby due in July is going to have a scheduled C-section and will be out of commission for a while. She is looking for advice on how to spend her time while she's recuperating.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm starting this thread on behalf of one of my cluster-mates. She just brought a future recruit to our meeting last night who is pregnant and due (I can't remember when, but it's soon after she'll be starting). She is going to be having a scheduled C-section and will have to be off from doing shows for a while.

I'm trying to gather ideas to pass along to my cluster-mate that she can share with her recruit. Any advice would be great. I found a few ideas in another thread, but they were geared towards someone who is already a consultant.

TIA! :)

I had a c-section & it wasn't planned 8 years ago.
I held a show 6 weeks after this....I did let the host know that I couldn't carry my crate (at the time) & she helped me out....I should of recruited her :)
I was fine other than the lifting restrictions.
Have her line catalog shows up.

HTH!

is this baby # 1?
How close is she to delivering?
As a mom wh has had a c-sect for both kids it would help me answer better especially if she wants the march recruiting deal.

encourage HEr to get her first recruit! then she could enlist her to help her after 6 weeks, b/c of the lifting restrictions. also have her line up about 12 catalog shows for her 6 weeks off!! encourage her to offer a bonus for getting bookings (b/c it is harder to get them on catty shows)!

I agree with working the catalog route! My c-section was 15 days ago & I've already submitted 2 catalog shows since his birth & have a 3rd one open right now.

Maybe she can use the baby as an incentive to get shows lined up now. Let potential hosts guess the baby's weight & length (and gender if she's waiting until the delivery to find out) and then give away a gift (or one for each statistic) for whoever comes closest.

Another idea - advertise that she will do a drawing for all the hosts who hold a catalog show during the maternity leave and give away a prize.

To get the catalog show guests to book a future show: She can either promise something small will be added to each person's order when they host their show, offer "free cooking show" (where she buys the ingredients but the host still gets credit), or advertise that she's going to do a drawing for everyone that agrees to host a show & give away something a little bigger?

She can also consider doing a Mystery Host Catalog Show.

I had 3 pregnant ladies on my team of 8 at one time. 2 have had babies and the third is due any day. This is what I did. I had a Pregnancy and Pampered Chef Training with them. You can do it face to face - proabably best, or over the phone. Face to face, they are focused. There are no other distractions like other kids or work. I then went over the outline I attached. Stress being intentional. If they were in the corporate world, they would get 6 - 8 weeks off of work. Plan their first show for that time frame. And so on.

I hope the notes make sense in a third party setting. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• pregnancy and PC.doc
    35 KB · Views: 307
etteluap70PC said:
is this baby # 1?
How close is she to delivering?
As a mom wh has had a c-sect for both kids it would help me answer better especially if she wants the march recruiting deal.

I just found out that she is starting for April and is having the C-section in July. So that gives her a few months to get some shows and bookings and hopefully set catty shows in motion.

Any other ideas?

1. Can I take time off for a scheduled C-section while working as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the flexibility to schedule your own events and work around your personal needs. We understand that pregnancy and childbirth are important events and we support our consultants in taking the time they need to recover.

2. Will I still be able to attend training and events while on leave for a C-section?

We encourage our consultants to attend training and events, but we understand that your health and recovery are the top priority. If you are unable to attend due to your C-section, we will work with you to reschedule or find alternative ways for you to receive the necessary training.

3. What happens to my business while I am on leave for a C-section?

Your business will not be affected while you are on leave. Your team leader and fellow consultants can help keep your business running by hosting events and taking orders on your behalf. You can also continue to earn commission on any sales made during your leave.

4. How much time off can I take for a C-section?

The amount of time you take off for your C-section is up to you and your doctor's recommendations. We recommend taking at least 6-8 weeks to allow for proper recovery, but ultimately it is your decision on how much time you need.

5. Can I still earn income while on leave for a C-section?

Yes, you can continue to earn commission on any sales made during your leave. You can also still receive income from any active team members on your team. Additionally, you can continue to earn income by hosting virtual parties or taking orders online while on leave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMJ
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bgupton
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • Nynaeve