• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rachel Ray Is Using a Metal Whisk

In summary, the cookware is beating to death and it is making me cringe!!!The Food Network definitely focuses on the food rather than the proper way to use kitchen tools and equipment.I won't let my daughter learn to cook yet b/c I am so afraid she will ruin one of my pans, yet, she will sit at shows and correct me if I say the wrong thing or call an item by the wrong name and she'll give additional uses for almost every product.I think if there is anyone out there, I can trust
merego said:

HA HA HA, I about fell off the bed laughing at your comment :)
I like Sandra Lee-Semi Homemade, but come on... who can really make those tablescapes and decorate their kitchen to match the theme they are making that day. She does make yummy cocktails thought, I love cocktail time!! The Yummo with RR gets old and the YUMMO t-shirt is annoying. I have made alot of her stuff, some is really good, some not so good or easy and some not in 30 minutes.

Yeah, and who has the storage space or the budget to spend $300.00 per table scape like she does? Good grief! It's funny, Sandra Lee actually annoys me- I don't know why- maybe it's because I know what she used to do before she dropped out of culinary school...

Chef Michelle D said:
I love a lot of the foods that Rachell makes. one of my favorites is her Italian Mac & Cheese. I CAN'T STAND INA GARTEN!!!! She drives me crazy, I do like some of the things that Giada makes I learn alot about different things from Alton Brown. I don't watch Bobby Flay much I will have to give him a try.

Yeah, she's one of those types that grow on you after a while. I just love that she's been with her DH since they were teens, and they are still in love and her food is simple. Bobby Flay makes good dishes, but he grills everything- c'mon dude...use a stove! :) LOL

susanr613 said:
unfortunately, the only show i watch with any consistency is the one that does not publish recipes - iron chef america. i have seen bits and pieces of others and offer the following:

rachel = too loud, altho i enjoyed her chefography
paula = sweet, genuine (at least to this yankee) but the food just does not appeal to me
ina = talks like she's stoned or on lots of medication
giada = she's playing a role, food looks good
bobby = does the macho chef schtick ok i guess
alton = geeky-cool, and i love to learn useless trivia

I hear you on the Giada thing-
I agree with you on Paula- and the woman loves butter and bacon- who wouldn't love Paula? :)
Ina does sorta talk like she's medicated! Too funny!!
I LOVE Iron Chef America!

KellyTheChef said:
OK...I have to chime in about FoodNetwork celebs!

Rachel = I used to LOVE her, but now she bugs me. Watching her facial expressions (which are overly dramatic) just kills me!

Paula = I still enjoy her Paula's Homecookin show, but I don't like Paula's Party AT ALL. Also...after she went around doing her "show" about a year ago I was not impressed by what I heard. First off, I checked prices and tickets were $75 a piece! Come on! Then...I heard that she swears like a trucker and is quite crude and made nasty sexual comments about everything. Since then, I haven't liked her quite so much...my image of her was tarnished by then...

Ina = I have to be in the right mood to want to watch her. However, any recipe that I have tried, I have really liked. Sometimes her food appeals to me, and sometimes it's a bit too "snooty" for me! I can't even imagine how much her meals cost to make in :sing::sing: The Hamptons! :sing::sing: Enough already...we know you are rich.

Giada = DH loves when she is on, he calls her the "booby chick" cuz every shirt she wears is tight AND low cut! She gets on my nerves about the Italian accent thing too! I have said that ever since her show started! How can she speak perfect ENGLISH till she comes to the word "ricotta" or "prosciutto" and then have to say those words in perfect ITALIAN accent? Either have an accent, or don't...but what she does sounds fake.

Bobby = Sometimes I like him, sometimes I LOVE him! Ever since I saw his "chefography" I have liked him even more. I LOVE his Throwdown show!!

Alton = I love him! But...his dramatic pauses and "uhs" are getting on my nerves. I know that part of that *is* him, but then I think he does it even more on his Good Eats show than he normally would. THAT gets on my nerves. Watching him on Iron Chef America, he doesn't act like that...so I know some of it is put on for the cameras. Stop already! I love learning the ins and outs of WHY stuff works, though...and a lot of the time it helps me to retain the knowledge he gives. He is a VERY GOOD teacher!

Guy = I was not so in love with his cooking show, but I LOVE his Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. He is such a fun personality! I think he would be fun to be around in real life.

Shows I DVR: Bobby Flay's Throwdown, Alton Brown's Good Eats, and Guy's DD&D, and the NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR....

I watch other shows sometimes, but those are the ones that I tape so I don't miss them!

I heard from someone who met Paula that she is actually quite gluttonous and crude- which is sad because she seems like she's got some class, but I guess it's just a show- that is too bad!

I agree with you on Guy- I don't care for his show, but I love DDD's! LOVE IT! He is such a fun, real, goofy person.

You are rirght about Alton and his um's and uh's... Hmmmm now I'll be noticing that and getting bothered by that! LOL

I actually told DH that I felt Giada had the most perfect breasts I'd ever seen- granted I've only seen them in her low cut, tight shirts that her husband designs, but still- they are simply gorgeous, and I'm not gay- I just can appreciate fine art when I see it, and let's face it- her "girls' are fine art!

I have TRIED to get hooked on Paula because I love southern cooking, but I just can't- I like her well enough, I've made some of her dishes, but I can't stomach an entire episode of her...she does lick her fingers alot.

And, now I feel I'm getting catty and gossipy so I shall stop...

merego said:
oH i AGREE, I had posted earlier that she is way over commercialized and I used to like her but can't really stand her anymore. You can use any bowl as a garbage bowl or how about your garbage can??

That's what I use! I just take the top off of it, and pull it over by my counter. One less thing to clean up!

I Actually Met Her, On Her Tv Show. She Is Not Really Nice At All!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, and who has the storage space or the budget to spend $300.00 per table scape like she does? Good grief! It's funny, Sandra Lee actually annoys me- I don't know why- maybe it's because I know what she used to do before she dropped out of culinary school...

SOOOO, are you going to tell me what she did?????

I do like her, semi-homemade is the best way to go for me, her stuff is easy and tasty. Her daily change of her kitchen and her tablescapes are annoying, who can afford a kitchen-Aid mixer in a rainbow of colors???? to match the theme of the day you are cooking~ ha ha

Are Giada's "girls" real????

SUSANDISCOCAIAFA said:
I Actually Met Her, On Her Tv Show. She Is Not Really Nice At All!!!

Who did you meet and why are they not nice?

I have Calphalon Commercial Cookware it is nonstick and I have used a hand mixer in it for years. The only thing that they do not recommend is using a electric knife. I love it for it is pricey.
But I never suggest doing it to anyone because there are so many types of cookware. I do not watn to be the blame for messing up someone elses stuff. I actually went to a training class on types of cookware. There are so many differant types with in a brand. So I always sugget non metal utensils, handwashing and do not use Pam or areosol cooking spray.

They look "TOO PERFECT" to be real to me, but ya never know. My 24 year old cousin is built like you wouldn't believe, perky as the day is long and they are real. She got the entire families boob gene b/c the rest of us got nothing :(

merego said:
They look "TOO PERFECT" to be real to me, but ya never know. My 24 year old cousin is built like you wouldn't believe, perky as the day is long and they are real. She got the entire families boob gene b/c the rest of us got nothing :(

You are too funny!! Perky as the day is long....:D

I am going to have to go through and read this entire thread so I can catch up on the converstation....I can see this is know longer about a whisk!! HA!:eek::D

Whewww, now that I am caught up I will comment. I know y'all are just waiting on pins and needles to "hear" my opinion!:eek:

Rachel Ray - I like to watch her shows I record her cooking show and talk show. If it looks intersting I watch it, if not I delete it. I watch her but I RARELY ever cook anything that she cooks and when I have we have not liked it. Turkey burger is the nastiest thing I have ever tried!

Paula Deen - LOVE LOVE LOVE her! Have all her books and record her shows. I don't like PArty as much as I use to, depends on the guest. I have tried many of her recipes and have loved them all. Even my picky husband likes hers. I read the biography and was disappointed about the affair with a married man! But at least she had the guts to own up to her mistakes and not try to white wash over them. I could have done without the language. I do not curse and do not like to hear or read it. A friend went to her show and was VERY disappointed and told me she was glad I did not go. A client of our was at Party one time and loved it but it took 6 hours to tape. She got to meet her.

Giada - Russell loves to look at her too. I like her but do not watch her that often. I have always like her pronouncing Italian but I have read so many complaints on here about it after NFNS that it is starting to get on my nerves too, ha!

Ina - I watch very seldom but have liked what I watched.

Alton Brown - I think he is an IDIOT but I have watched him and do watch Iron Chef some. He does give ineresting tid bits.

Bobby Flay - I have watched Throwdown and I like it. I have been more exposed to him on NFNS and will probably start watching more.

Guy - I like him and he has continued to grow on me. Me and Russell both love DD&D. At first I did not like him and his crazy hair though!

Sandra Lee - I like her shows. Got a cookbook of hers but not impressed so far. I haven't used any recipe yet though. I love the tablescapes but would never have the money to buy it or the place to store it though.

I LOVE Paula's magazine. I keep everyone of them and buy the special issues. I missed the first two specials. Ordered one and got the other when we went to Savannah to complete my collection. I have Uncle Bubba's and Jamie and Bobby's too.

I get RR's but I could do without it. As a matter of fact I had let my subscription expire and my MIL renewed it for me when someone was selling magazine b/c she knows I like RR but did not know I did not care if I got the mag, ha! Sweet of her though! RR's cookware is over priced but if I could sell my stuff for that price I would too - who wouldn't!!!!

Sorry Jen, I raved about Sandra Lee to you, sorry you don't care for her cookbook, I love all of mine :)

Yeah, we are farrrr off from the whisk topic :)

merego said:
Sorry Jen, I raved about Sandra Lee to you, sorry you don't care for her cookbook, I love all of mine :)

Yeah, we are farrrr off from the whisk topic :)

No problem. I may have ordered the wrong one. And I haven't had a lot of time to really look at it. I got it right around the time I had Cole and now with me doing WW I know it was not be very "friendly." HA!

<h2>1. Can I use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware like Rachel Ray?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware. However, it is important to use caution and not be too aggressive with the whisking, as it can potentially damage the non-stick coating over time.</p><h2>2. Will using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware ruin my pan?</h2><p>As mentioned before, using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware can potentially damage the coating over time. It is important to use gentle strokes and not apply too much pressure while whisking to help prevent this.</p><h2>3. What is the best type of whisk to use on non-stick cookware?</h2><p>Silicone or rubber whisks are a great alternative to metal whisks when using on non-stick cookware. They are gentle on the surface and less likely to cause damage.</p><h2>4. How can I prevent scratches on my non-stick cookware when using a metal whisk?</h2><p>To prevent scratches, it is important to use a light touch and avoid pressing down too hard while whisking. You can also try using a silicone or rubber whisk as an alternative.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk?</h2><p>If your non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk, it is important to stop using the whisk immediately and switch to a silicone or rubber one. You can also contact the manufacturer for advice on how to best care for your specific cookware. </p>

1. Can I use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware like Rachel Ray?

Yes, you can use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware. However, it is important to use caution and not be too aggressive with the whisking, as it can potentially damage the non-stick coating over time.

2. Will using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware ruin my pan?

As mentioned before, using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware can potentially damage the coating over time. It is important to use gentle strokes and not apply too much pressure while whisking to help prevent this.

3. What is the best type of whisk to use on non-stick cookware?

Silicone or rubber whisks are a great alternative to metal whisks when using on non-stick cookware. They are gentle on the surface and less likely to cause damage.

4. How can I prevent scratches on my non-stick cookware when using a metal whisk?

To prevent scratches, it is important to use a light touch and avoid pressing down too hard while whisking. You can also try using a silicone or rubber whisk as an alternative.

5. What should I do if my non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk?

If your non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk, it is important to stop using the whisk immediately and switch to a silicone or rubber one. You can also contact the manufacturer for advice on how to best care for your specific cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies